SGI: Development

New package: Updated MPlayer - Page 2

Axatax_ wrote: I'd like to know if there is anyone else besides Hamei that has tried this release.

Yes, I did a month or so ago. (When Nekochan was down, and so I forgot to post about it when the site came back on-line.) Other than the speex dependancy, I saw no problems with the mplayer package in /beta. It played about half of the videos I threw at it. The other half just displayed a black window. But those videos all show the same behaviour on my Linux box, too. So there's nothing wrong with the SGI/IRIX/MIPS Pro port of the code. MPlayer behaved consistently across platforms and for that reason I give the /beta package my stamp of approval (and give you my gratitude).
:Indigo2IMP: :Octane: :Indigo: :O3x0:
Sun SPARCstation 20, Blade 2500
HP C8000
I downloaded it last night, it plays most of my XviD files with only the occasional dropped frame. h264 I still have some issues with, but its probably lack of CPU muscle more than anything. 480p x264, FWIW, was what I tried.
:fuel: 900MHz 4GB
The newer x264 w/MPlayer 1.1.1 can passibly play 480p on my dual 600 Octane with some command-line kung-fu.

Now that I know you guys are still down with this, I'm going to package up the MPlayer 1.1.1 and maybe you guys can give it a spin (with the understanding it's not 100% yet).

I'm not going to do a whole .tardist yet, just the binary and new x264 lib you can run from a seperate directory.
OK,

I've uploaded neko_mplayer-1.1.1.tar.gz to /incomming.

I don't have any more personal space to host this file (I have 10MB on my FTP, and this file is like 15MB). Hopefully someone with mod. access can do something with this, or someone else can provide some web space (maybe an Axatax directory on the FTP site :mrgreen: )

Anyhow, this is the latest and greatest MPlayer for IRIX.

1. Install and get the MPlayer in Nekoware /beta working with all dependencies (libdvdread, libdvdnav and libdvdcss).
2. Install neko_gnomeicontheme-2.10.1.tardist from /current.
3. Untar MPlayer-1.1.1.tar.gz into /usr/local (has to be here for now).
4. Run /usr/local/MPlayer-1.1.1/run-mplayer.sh, and you should be good to hook.

This is beta, probably alpha stuff, and the latest patches are included under the /patches directory.

If this totally sucks for you, please get your head into the code and help make this awesome. There's really just a *few* total show-stoppers with this patch, but I'm nearing the end of my abilities with this. Help out. Help everyone here out.
When I get home Monday I'll see about getting you some FTP space...
Axatax_ wrote: OK,

I've uploaded neko_mplayer-1.1.1.tar.gz to /incomming.

Available at ftp://ftp.nekochan.net/pub/downloads/contrib/axatax/
Twitter: @neko_no_ko
IRIX Release 4.0.5 IP12 Version 06151813 System V
Copyright 1987-1992 Silicon Graphics, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
ALMOST !

Code: Select all

urchin 19% pwd
/usr/local/MPlayer-1.1.1
urchin 20% run-mplayer.sh
6117:/usr/local/MPlayer-1.1.1/bin/mplayer: rld: Fatal Error: Cannot Successfully map soname 'libdca.so.1' under any
of the filenames /usr/nekoware/lib/libdca.so.1:/usr/local/lib/libdca.so.1:/work/pango-1.28.4/pango/.libs/libdca.so.1:
null/usr/lib32/libdca.so.1:/usr/lib32/internal/libdca.so.1:/lib32/libdca.so.1:/opt/lib32/libdca.so.1:/usr/nekoware/lib/libdca.so.1.1:
/usr/local/lib/libdca.so.1.1:/work/pango-1.28.4/pango/.libs/libdca.so.1.1:/usr/lib32/libdca.so.1.1:/usr/lib32/internal/libdca.so.1.1:
/lib32/libdca.so.1.1:/opt/lib32/libdca.so.1.1:
urchin 21%

no biggy ...

urchin 18% pwd
/usr/people/dev/libdca-0.0.5

oh crap

cc-1094 cc: ERROR File = audio_out_wav.c, Line = 166
The constant array dimension size is not a positive integral type.

int16_t words[0];
^

cc-1094 cc: ERROR File = audio_out_wav.c, Line = 167

int32_t dwords[0];
^

2 errors detected in the compilation of "audio_out_wav.c".
gmake[2]: *** [audio_out_wav.lo] Error 1

Still, looks promising. We're close !

urchin 1# ldd mplayer
libm.so  =>      /usr/lib32/libm.so
libgen.so  =>    /usr/lib32/libgen.so
libiconv.so.3  =>        /usr/nekoware/lib/libiconv.so.3
libpng.so.3  =>  /usr/nekoware/lib/libpng.so.3
libz.so.1  =>    /usr/nekoware/lib/libz.so.1
libjpeg.so.63  =>        /usr/nekoware/lib/libjpeg.so.63
libungif.so.5  =>        /usr/nekoware/lib/libungif.so.5
libdvdread.so.5  =>      /usr/nekoware/lib/libdvdread.so.5
libfreetype.so.7  =>     /usr/nekoware/lib/libfreetype.so.7
libfontconfig.so.2  =>   /usr/nekoware/lib/libfontconfig.so.2
libbz2.so  =>    /usr/nekoware/lib/libbz2.so
libmad.so.1  =>  /usr/nekoware/lib/libmad.so.1
libspeex.so.2  =>        /usr/nekoware/lib/libspeex.so.2
1553: 14:41:57 mplay: rld: Fatal Error exit/longjmp: Cannot Successfully map soname 'libdca.so.1'
under any of the filenames /usr/nekoware/lib/libdca.so.1:/usr/local/lib/libdca.so.1:/work/pango-1.28.4/pango/.libs/libdca.so.1:
null/usr/lib32/libdca.so.1:/usr/lib32/internal/libdca.so.1:/lib32/libdca.so.1:/opt/lib32/libdca.so.1:/usr/nekoware/lib/libdca.so.1.1:
/usr/local/lib/libdca.so.1.1:/work/pango-1.28.4/pango/.libs/libdca.so.1.1:/usr/lib32/libdca.so.1.1:/usr/lib32/internal/libdca.so.1.1:
/lib32/libdca.so.1.1:/opt/lib32/libdca.so.1.1:
hamei wrote: ALMOST !

cc-1094 cc: ERROR File = audio_out_wav.c, Line = 166

int16_t words[0];

Aah, GCC coders.

int16_t words[1];

alternatively

int16_t *words;

depending on what madness they're doing. The latter may need some additional bolt tightening.
:Octane: halo , oct ane Image knightrider , d i g i t a l AlphaPC164, pond , soekris net6501, misc cool stuff in a rack
N.B.: I tend to talk out of my ass. Do not take it too seriously.
Neko,

Thank you very much!

Guys with the issues --

The other 2 libs (libdca and the new libx264) are in the that archive. How are you launching MPlayer? There is a shell script in there that should set the library path and run MPlayer. The patches for libdca and x264 are also included. If you're having trouble building these, make sure you've patched them.
I'm just going to make a tardist to make this easier. Give me a an hour or so to wrap this up (I've already done the .spec/.idbs -- just gotta packge it).
Please go over the shell script and make sure the library paths are correct for your setup. libdca/x264 should be in /usr/local/MPlayer-1.1.1/lib. Your system is not finding libdca for some reason. Maybe try moving the contents of /usr/local/MPlayer-1.1.1/lib into /usr/local/lib and try again...
An hour was optomistic for those packages -- Brain is fried.

ETA sometime on 1/27.
Axatax_ wrote: Your system is not finding libdca for some reason ... Maybe try moving the contents of /usr/local/MPlayer-1.1.1/lib into /usr/local/lib and try again...

Because you are such a nice person I will not scald you with the dragon-breath fricasee :P /usr/local on my computer is the gateway to Hell, abandon all hope, ye who enter here ... :D

I did try messing with the script to some extent, it should have worked but refused. I'm a tcsh-er, that probably has something to do with it.

So I just put the mplayer tree into the /opt directory, renamed mplayer to mplay so I wouldn't accidentally get the Other Mplayer, then swiped < setenv LD_LIBRARYN32_PATH /opt/mplayer/lib > into my winterm. Then ran < /opt/mplayer/bin/mplay -vo gl2 /usr/people/me/hotsytotsy/videofile.avi > and all went smoothly.

yay ! It plays ! Don't have enough time in to make comments but one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind :D

(The time signature in the upper left corner looks strange tho. Odd font problem ?)

gracias, muchacho !

oooh ooh oooh. Ran a couple of old 'problem' files through. Three out of four now play .. at the age of thirty-seven, she realized she'd never ride through Paris in a sportscar with the warm wind in her hair ...

nice :D :D :D
the bourgeousie is ultimately a repressive institution, and I hate it ...
This is exciting, actually having an up-to-date mplayer here...
Now that I'm a VPro user I may have a chance to optimize the vpro path (when I previously worked on the sgi vo for mplayer, I had only an O2... all other platform paths were implemented by reading docs and hoping things worked...)
yay ! It plays ! Don't have enough time in to make comments but one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind :D

:) .. Well, that's exactly what it is -- a very small step. It's MPlayer 1.1.1 that works on IRIX. It still needs quite a bit of work (and I'm working on it, and I hope other ppl. here will too...)

I'm packaging up this release now as *.tardists.
Because you are such a nice person I will not scald you with the dragon-breath fricasee :P /usr/local on my computer is the gateway to Hell, abandon all hope, ye who enter here ...

That's just habit. I put self-compiled stuff in /usr/local, and commerical SW in /opt.
Hamei -- What fonts do you currently have installed?
Axatax_ wrote: Hamei -- What fonts do you currently have installed?

Oi. A lot. All the original ones and several more I liked ... but ditched the pseudo-Adobe fonts that SGI jammed down our throats at 23. There's probably a setting for that in the mplayer configuration file ?

I'll wait for your 'dist. No point in doing this twice. The goofy letters don't bother me, I turn off the on-screen display anyhow.

I may not be a good test for a lot of the 'advanced' features ... I just watch videos with it, don't even use an interface beyond the key combos.
the bourgeousie is ultimately a repressive institution, and I hate it ...
You guys are gonna have something today. There's just alot of puzzle pieces to this SW and I want to make sure it's done right the first time, and it can co-exist with the 1.0* MPlayer. 16p O300 is burning the midnight oil right now re-building this until it's acceptable.

I'm getting this SW into the position we can do nightly builds or whatever with relative ease.
Longshot here, but you think that eventually you can port the MPlayer fork mpv - people have been saying MPlayer is dying
:O3x02L: R16000 700Mhz 8GB RAM kanna
:Octane:
:Indy: (Acclaim) R4400 100MHz 32MB RAM
:Indy: (Challenge S) R4600 133MHz (MIPS III Build Server)
:O2: R12000SC 300MHz 192MB RAM 15k 147GB HDD suzuha
Thinkpad W530 i7 3940XM 3GHz, 32GB, K1000M FreeBSD 11/Windows 7 rin
Acer Aspire 5157 (headless) 4GB, FreeBSD 11 kuran
Thinkpad R40 Pentium M 1.7GHz 2GB RAM kasha