checking for remove... yes
checking for shmat... yes
checking for IceConnectionNumber in -lICE... yes
checking for atexit in -ldl... yes
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile

Code: Select all

make
gcc -c -O2 -Ipluginsdk/include -I/usr/bin/X11 -DXP_UNIX  -DVERSION=\"5.1.3\"  -fpic  -I/usr/bin/X11 -o plugger.o plugger.c
gcc -c -O2 -Ipluginsdk/include -I/usr/bin/X11 -DXP_UNIX  -DVERSION=\"5.1.3\"  -fpic  -I/usr/bin/X11 -o common.o pluginsdk/common/npunix.c
gcc -c -O2 -Ipluginsdk/include -I/usr/bin/X11 -DXP_UNIX  -DVERSION=\"5.1.3\"  -fpic  -I/usr/bin/X11 -o plugger-common.o plugger-common.c
ld  -shared -n32  -o plugger.so plugger.o common.o  plugger-common.o
gcc -O2 -Ipluginsdk/include -I/usr/bin/X11 -DXP_UNIX  -DVERSION=\"5.1.3\"   -c plugger-helper.c
gcc   -o plugger-5.1.3 plugger-helper.o  plugger-common.o -L  -lSM -lICE -lX11  -ldl
ld32: FATAL   9  : I/O error (-lSM): No such file or directory
collect2: ld devolvió el estado de salida 32
*** Error code 1 (bu21)

No, I could not recall where libsm-dev and libsm6 are...
GeneratriX wrote: Let's try first with GCC:

Let's not, and say we did :D

If there were any real problems with it, there should be a thread about it here. If it builds out of the box I just do it, otherwise I come crying to mommy for hewp. At least that way there's a record at the 'chan for other people.
two girls for every boy ...
hamei wrote: Let's not, and say we did :D

Only if you remember highs and lows of MIPSPRO life, which is not my case anymore...

hamei wrote: At least that way there's a record at the 'chan for other people.

Probably; but at least for my actual setup, conditions are still not right-out-the-box when using MIPSPRO... :)

cc   -o plugger-5.1.3 plugger-helper.o  plugger-common.o -L  -lSM -lICE -lX11  -ldl
cc ERROR:  crt files not found in any -L directories:
cc ERROR:  crt files not found in any -L directories:
*** Error code 2 (bu21)

And yes, I already know I geared '/configure' to the wrong path, but for the life of me, I could not recall where the correct path is. Of course I could presume of "macho" and go search my CDROM library in search of examples for next two hours, or I could go smart and come crying to mommy for hewp! :)
GeneratriX wrote: I could go smart and come crying to mommy for hewp! :)

Yikes. The spirit of the Wreck of the Grassy Snood must have come over me :shock:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=16727480&hilit=plugger

You're in luck, General. Normally if I ran that search I'd have found an interesting article about dolphin communication. Do you know that dolphins have individual names ? Pretty neat, hunh ?

Give 'er a shot, let me know if it works. Setting it up is kind of goofy but the page mentioned has some docks.
hamei wrote: Yikes. The spirit of the Wreck of the Grassy Snood must have come over me :shock:

Well, I should have been more specific. You could not hit more exactly on the nail. In past June 29 our building went up in flames completely. And let me say, I'm not being creative. Literally. Our family house and office/workshop went up in flames and we saved our lifes for the thickness of a hair... in fact, if you use Google Translator, you'll see I'm not joking... https://www.facebook.com/armando.aparatos/posts/371902382932247 :?

What can I say... we are working hard to recover the building and, as you noticed, I spend my whole energy there without too much spare for software building side of things... :)

hamei wrote: You're in luck, General.

Great! That's the spirit! :D

hamei wrote: Normally if I ran that search I'd have found an interesting article about dolphin communication. Do you know that dolphins have individual names ? Pretty neat, hunh ?

Wonderful!, if we suit them with Wi-Fi transceivers now they can work too! :P
Oh well, my sense of humor could be slightly acid on this days... :oops:

hamei wrote: Give 'er a shot, let me know if it works. Setting it up is kind of goofy but the page mentioned has some docks.

Thanks a lot!

I forced my mind to recall the IRIX paths for -lX11 and all the rest, and for the life of me, I could not recall too much... also tried searching the paths helping me with SoftwareManager but no luck... and my case collection with two thousand CDROMs is now heavily impregnated in soot and packaged in cardboard boxes with labels... :|
hamei wrote: Give 'er a shot, let me know if it works. Setting it up is kind of goofy but the page mentioned has some docks.

It loads and lists 141 MIME types, but only BMP and JPG are actually working for me in testing grounds . I'm checking the installed libraries and pluggerrc to see if there is something wrong for my system config.
GeneratriX wrote: It loads and lists 141 MIME types, but only BMP and JPG are actually working for me

I had the same problem, you have to muddle through the documentation on that site and struggle with it a little. And it's strange but some stuff pops right up and works, other times the same plugin stalls. For example, some pdf's will download and quickly pop up a case of xpdf, while others sit there forever with the little "activity" thing going. Movies same ...

But some of that is my problem. I have a proxy that intercepts a lot of advertising, no-script javascript control, our internet is slow on international connections and youboob, faceblob, tweeter etc don't work here. So a lot of the background spyonyou crap is just an obstacle for me.
hamei wrote: our internet is slow on international connections and youboob, faceblob, tweeter etc don't work here. So a lot of the background spyonyou crap is just an obstacle for me.

Dude, seriously. Time to repatriate! 8-)
Project:
Temporarily lost at sea...
Plan:
World domination! Or something...
vishnu wrote: Dude, seriously. Time to repatriate! 8-)

I can't. I'm too used to living in a free country. I'd get into it with some gestapo asshole and blow him away. You've got pretty trees flowers and chirping birds but the rest of the country is shit. Fools and idiots, shysters and thieves. Can't do it ...
Ha ha, well that might be true but at least we're freer than those poor assholes who live in Tibet! :lol:
Project:
Plan:
vishnu wrote: Ha ha, well that might be true but at least we're freer than those poor assholes who live in Tibet! :lol:

Read this first :
http://vidalia-book-shelf.googlecode.co ... Dragon.pdf
Then we can continue. It's not perfect but neither is it the wooey-gooey emotion-laden slop that usually passes for discussion on that subject.
Hunga dunga galunga that is a lotta Tibet! :shock:
Project:
Plan:
vishnu wrote: Hunga dunga galunga that is a lotta Tibet! :shock:

Yeah, I know. The actual facts don't fit into the American twelve-second attention span.
hamei wrote: Read this first :
http://vidalia-book-shelf.googlecode.co ... Dragon.pdf
Then we can continue. It's not perfect but neither is it the wooey-gooey emotion-laden slop that usually passes for discussion on that subject.

Interesting. If it constitutes a quarter of the fun than the books from Lobsang Rampa , then I'll be more than happy reading this one at some point too. Downloaded! :)
hamei wrote:
Did you have any success with plugger ? I was going to put up my pluggerrc file but I see it's about half "this works" and half "still needs help". Anyhow, here's a start :

To be *really* honest, I think my NekoWare install is pretty much screwed. You know, I installed, re-installed, replaced, and so on... so many libraries from so many different ages, that now it is a whole mess... so, I would not charge the bill to plugger but to my eternal addiction to install and try the new new thing! By the way, anyone managed to build any NES emulator for IRIX? :)

hamei wrote:
Maybe if three or four people added their own successes, we could get a standard rc file for neko-Irix ?

Would be great. I've uninstalled tons of libraries to begin with a sane environment, then I'll try your rc with latest libraries... I hope tomorrow, I'm on the netbook now.

hamei wrote:
Yeah, I know ... most of the crap about tibet comes from the fevered imagination of some plumber in West England ... it's 90% propaganda.

Oh, that's not a problem at all for me. If the book is enough funny, then I'm sold! :)

hamei wrote:
What was that weird-ass ooccult movement in England in the early nineteenth century ? Table-tipping, ouija boards, ghosts and seances, shangri-la and all that crap ?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

hamei wrote:
I went to do a yahoo search, they are now the same pointless garbage as google. They can't just direct you, oh no, now they have to add their own stupid worthless shit to the url too and make the search a torment.

Bye-bye yahoo. Rot in hell, morons.

Ouch, I'm not using Yahoo Search since so many years...

Octane / Dual Head

http://twitter.com/GeekTronixShop
Did you have any success with plugger ? I was going to put up my pluggerrc file but I see it's about half "this works" and half "still needs help". Anyhow, here's a start :

# work pretty much   =============

audio/mid: midi,mid: MIDI audio file
audio/x-mid: midi,mid: MIDI audio file
audio/midi: midi,mid: MIDI audio file
audio/x-midi: midi,mid: MIDI audio file
: soundplayer "$file"

application/pdf: pdf: PDF file
application/x-pdf: pdf: PDF file
text/pdf: pdf: PDF file
text/x-pdf: pdf: PDF file
repeat swallow(documentShell) fill: acroread -geometry +9000+9000 -xrm '*userFrontEndProgram: FALSE' "$file"
repeat swallow(xpdf) fill: xpdf  -g +9000+9000  "$file"

application/x-postscript: ps: PostScript file
application/postscript: ps: PostScript file
repeat swallow(showps) fill: showps -skipc -v -maxp 24000000 -geometry +9000+9000 "$file" 2>/dev/null

# still needs help but works somewhat  ==========

audio/mp3: mp3: MPEG audio
audio/x-mp3: mp3: MPEG audio
audio/mpeg2: mp2: MPEG audio
audio/x-mpeg2: mp2: MPEG audio
audio/mpeg3: mp3: MPEG audio
audio/x-mpeg3: mp3: MPEG audio
audio/mpeg: mpa,abs,mpega: MPEG audio
audio/x-mpeg: mpa,abs,mpega: MPEG audio
stream, preload: soundplayer "$file"
stream, preload: /opt/misc_apps/mxaudio "$file"
stream, preload: mpg123 -q -b 128 -
repeat swallow(alsaplayer): alsaplayer -q "$file" >/dev/null
: mpg123 -q -b 128 "$file"
nokill exits:xmms "$file"
: splay -t 200 "$file"
: amp -b 200 -q "$file"
: maplay "$file"
: mpeg3play "$file"

audio/basic: au,snd: Basic audio file
audio/x-basic: au,snd: Basic audio file
loop: soundplayer "$file"

audio/wav:wav:Microsoft wave file
audio/x-wav:wav:Microsoft wave file

video/msvideo: avi: AVI animation
video/x-msvideo: avi: AVI animation
ignore_errors maxaspect swallow(MPlayer):if mplayer -autoq 3 "$file" 2>&1 | grep 'Sorry,' >/dev/null ; then mplayer -vo x11 -autoq 3 "$file" >/dev/null 2>/dev/null ; fi </dev/null

image/tiff: tiff,tif: TIFF image
image/x-tiff: tiff,tif: TIFF image
repeat swallow(gm dissplay) fill: gm display "$file"

repeat swallow(gqview) fill: gqview -t "$file" >/dev/null 2>/dev/null
repeat swallow(display) fill: display "$file"
repeat swallow(Sdtimage) fill: sdtimage "$file"
repeat swallow(xli) fill: xli -quiet "$file" >/dev/null 2>/dev/null
repeat swallow(xloadimage) fill: xloadimage -quiet "$file" >/dev/null 2>/dev/null
exits: xloadimage -quiet -windowid $window "$file"
exits: display -window $window -backdrop $file
exits: xli -quiet -windowid $window "$file"

# kind of works but has problems  ===========

video/quicktime: mov,qt: Quicktime animation
video/x-quicktime: mov,qt: Quicktime animation
video/dl: dl: DL animation
video/x-dl: dl: DL animation
:mediaplayer "$file"

# calls mplayer, starts up, but never displays

video/anim: iff,anim5,anim3,anim7: IFF animation
video/x-anim: iff,anim5,anim3,anim7: IFF animation
video/fli: fli, flc: FLI animation
video/x-fli: fli, flc: FLI animation
loop:mplayer -vo gl2 "$file"
:mplayer -vo gl2 "$file"

Maybe if three or four people added their own successes, we could get a standard rc file for neko-Irix ?

GeneratriX wrote: Interesting. If it constitutes a quarter of the fun than the books from Lobsang Rampa, then I'll be more than happy reading this one at some point too. Downloaded! :)

Yeah, I know ... most of the crap about tibet comes from the fevered imagination of some plumber in West England ... it's 90% propaganda.

What was that weird-ass ooccult movement in England in the early nineteenth century ? Table-tipping, ouija boards, ghosts and seances, shangri-la and all that crap ? I went to do a yahoo search, they are now the same pointless garbage as google. They can't just direct you, oh no, now they have to add their own stupid worthless shit to the url too and make the search a torment.

Bye-bye yahoo. Rot in hell, morons.
GeneratriX wrote:
Ouch, I'm not using Yahoo Search since so many years...

Ja, I went there because google is sewage ... but now yahoo is also sewage. Telescreen ! Telescreen ! Where's my telescreen !

You know .....
Attachment:
big_guns.jpg
big_guns.jpg [ 66.78 KiB | Viewed 206 times ]

"Home of the brave, land of the free "

Right. Fingernail scissors ?! On an airplane ?! Da tewwowists might huwt us ! no no no, ohh, mummy ! mummy ! I'm so scawed ! hewp, hewp, keep us safe !

Free ? right. Free to do what you're told.

Democracy ? Sure. 1956 "We can't allow those elections ! The Communists would win ! Let's murder another few hundred thousand people in the name of Freedom !"

Human rights ! China is evil, nasty, repressive ! We invaded Iraq and Afghanistan and murdered hundreds of thousands to bring them freedom ! Because we are great and kind and generous and know what's best for the entire world ! Just listen to us, we'll tell you ! And if you don't give us the best prices, you'll learn what modern weaponry is all about ! Freedom is messy !"

Imaginary Property ! Software Patents ! We have to make sure Solomon Linda gets paid for his work ! Steve Jobs invented the rectangle ! That's his ! You all have to pay because we own that geometric shape !

What is a word meaning "worse than shit" ? In thirty years we turned from a reasonable if not perfect place to ... whatever that is.

What can one say ? Caligula, here we are, take us ! takes us ! More, more, it hurts so good !

vishnu wrote:
Well I'm not worried; the Maoist rebels will rescue us all... ;)

Americans don't have the balls to be Maoists. You sit there passively whining while the banksters steal everything you've worked for for the past three hundred years. Gone, in the blink of an iPhone, poof.