SGI: Development

mtools - Page 2

Seconded.

http://ultra-embedded.com/?fat_filelib

It has portable code to use FAT filesystems.
I tested this some months ago with a dd extracted FAT filesystems of 100MB and it works flawlessly. It may works even for kernel modules.

Mexico
If memory serves I consigned my last FAT filesystem to the bit bucket sometime around 1998... :twisted:

World domination! Or something...
vishnu wrote:
If memory serves I consigned my last FAT filesystem to the bit bucket sometime around 1998... :twisted:

You don't have a camera ? that's what they all use for a file system. All the ones I've touched, anyhow.

FAT32 on Irix would be hot. Then we could go bigger than 2 gig on memory cards ... the firewire card reader on Irix is faster and more convenient than a USB reader in Windows, I keep getting "Can you transfer my photos off the SD card for me please ?" requests :P

You don't have a camera ? that's what they all use for a file system. All the ones I've touched, anyhow.

That's hard to figure, isn't it? You would think all the cameras and music devices would use ext2 since it was open, but they used FAT!
I want a camera with ext3 so I can say I have a camera that uses a journaling filesystem :lol:
Those fscking cameras! :twisted: