SGI: Development

Dillo3 - Page 4

ClassicHasClass wrote: diegel, can I have your children? Once medical science finds a way.
The work did eocene from the dillo team.
:Tezro: :Fuel: :Octane2: :Octane: :Onyx2: :O2+: :O2: :Indy: :Indigo: :Cube:
neko_dillo-3.0.4.tardist is uploaded to incoming. The tardist at the link from my previous post is also updated.

Don't expect too much from dillo. It's just a very basic browser, but it is very fast. It's fun to surf on this forum with dillo on my R5000 Indy.
terrific news :D
big thanks to to whoever fixed it and diegel for providing them with access to one of his machines. great to see that they do care about things outside of win/mac/linux at all :-)
r-a-c.de
diegel wrote:
ClassicHasClass wrote: diegel, can I have your children? Once medical science finds a way.
The work did eocene from the dillo team.

I'm heartbroken. But I've got dillo on the Fuel, so I'll get over it. 8-)

Where are their patches, btw?
smit happens.

:Fuel: bigred , 800MHz R16K, 4GB RAM, V12, 6.5.30
:Indy: indy , 150MHz R4400SC, 256MB RAM, XL24, 6.5.10
:Indigo2IMP: purplehaze , R10000, Solid IMPACT
probably posted from Image bruce , Quad 2.5GHz PowerPC 970MP, 16GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.4.11
plus IBM POWER6 p520 * Apple Network Server 500 * HP C8000 * BeBox * Solbourne S3000 * Commodore 128 * many more...
Yes... thank you to the Dillo team and diegel for putting Irix on the map for this browser..!
errrm, just read the changelog and found:
- Fix compiling on IRIX with MIPSpro compiler.

although it sounds great it's wrong i'm afraid. the mipspro killers are still in there.

posted from dillo3 btw :D

EDIT:
a small change to the second part of the patch. instead of

Code: Select all

char* temp = new char[20];
strcpy(temp, "LC_ALL=C");

simply use:

char temp[20] = "LC_ALL=C";

unless there was a very specific reason for that sort of bloat :P
r-a-c.de
foetz wrote: errrm, just read the changelog and found:
- Fix compiling on IRIX with MIPSpro compiler.

although it sounds great it's wrong i'm afraid. the mipspro killers are still in there.
dillo 3.0.4 includes some changes from vishnu's attempt.
a small change to the second part of the patch.
You are right, it was late yesterday. The patch will be obsolete with the next version of dillo, they will be fix this two problems. This code will be used only when a download with wget is started, I don't think it's really needed for Irix.
diegel wrote: dillo 3.0.4 includes some changes from vishnu's attempt.

oh that's nice but it's still wrong. it does not compile with mipspro at all :P
r-a-c.de
now i could of course not help but try it on 6.2 because that's where something like dillo is needed most. managed to compensate the missing snprintf and isinf but dns.c seems to expect more content from struct addrinfo:

dns.c:235:35: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
dns.c:237:14: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
dns.c:240:17: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
dns.c:247:45: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
dns.c:279:20: error: storage size of 'hints' isn't known
dns.c:302:20: error: 'EAI_NONAME' undeclared (first use in this function)
dns.c:304:25: error: 'EAI_AGAIN' undeclared (first use in this function)
dns.c:311:27: error: 'EAI_FAIL' undeclared (first use in this function)

that might need a more serious workaround. defining the missing macros is no problem of course but finding adequate substitues for the missing or different struct members ...
r-a-c.de
foetz wrote: posted from dillo3 btw :D

<aol> Me, too !<aol>

Certainly is fast. No way to change font sizes tho ? That's kind of difficult at high res :(
he said a girl named Patches was found ...
hamei wrote: No way to change font sizes tho
You want to add a dillorc in the .dillo directory, there you can edit the font_factor. A sample you can find here http://www.dillo.org/dillorc
Very impressive!

Once again, thank you for your hard work diegel.
Welcome to ARMLand - 0/0x0d00
running...(sherwood-root 0607201829)
* InfiniteReality/Reality Software, IRIX 6.5 Release *
foetz wrote: now i could of course not help but try it on 6.2 because that's where something like dillo is needed most. managed to compensate the missing snprintf and isinf but dns.c seems to expect more content from struct addrinfo:

that might need a more serious workaround. defining the missing macros is no problem of course but finding adequate substitues for the missing or different struct members ...

If 6.2 is possible... how easy would the step be to get it then going on 5.3?
cris_adder wrote: how easy would the step be to get it then going on 5.3?

not easy at all. 5.3 lacks even more than 6.2 and so far it's totally unclear if it'll run on 6.2 at all
r-a-c.de
diegel wrote: You want to add a dillorc in the .dillo directory, there you can edit the font_factor. A sample you can find here http://www.dillo.org/dillorc

Thank you, Sorry for being lazy. Font handling is a little goofy but the speed is certainly nice.

If nothing else, dillo demonstrates that a decent browser is possible. One drawback, it's extremely fast on a site like nekochan, which is already pretty fast. On the sites that are dogs, it doesn't work. So maybe it's mostly useful for older hardware ?

Still nice to have tho.
hamei wrote:
diegel wrote: If nothing else, dillo demonstrates that a decent browser is possible. One drawback, it's extremely fast on a site like nekochan, which is already pretty fast. On the sites that are dogs, it doesn't work. So maybe it's mostly useful for older hardware ?
It is very good for slower O2 or Indy Hardware. I will try to build a MIPS3 version, when I have some time. Dillo is still under develpment, so it will be usable for more modern sites in the future.
hamei wrote: On the sites that are dogs, it doesn't work.

of course because the reason why these sites are slow is the amount of bloat they use a.k.a. js, flash and whatnot ... which dillo (thankfully) doesn't handle at all
r-a-c.de
Really looking forward to trying this out on my Indigo2 when I get chance :)
Systems in use:
:Fuel: - Lithium : R14000 600MHz CPU, 4GB RAM, V10 Graphics, 36GB 15k HDD & 300GB 10k HDD, New/quiet fans, IRIX 6.5.30
:Indigo2IMP: - Nitrogen : R10000 195MHz CPU, 384MB RAM, SolidIMPACT Graphics, 36GB 15k HDD & 300GB 10k HDD, New/quiet fans, IRIX 6.5.22
Other systems in storage: :O2: x 2, :Indy: x 2
diegel wrote: It is very good for slower O2 or Indy Hardware.

You know what else it would be great for ? Viewing html documentation. Opens and closes instantly, instead of loading the kitchen sink to just look at simple html. Think I'll set it as the default web browser in the toolchest and see how that works out ...
That's actually a really good idea ...
smit happens.

:Fuel: bigred , 800MHz R16K, 4GB RAM, V12, 6.5.30
:Indy: indy , 150MHz R4400SC, 256MB RAM, XL24, 6.5.10
:Indigo2IMP: purplehaze , R10000, Solid IMPACT
probably posted from Image bruce , Quad 2.5GHz PowerPC 970MP, 16GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.4.11
plus IBM POWER6 p520 * Apple Network Server 500 * HP C8000 * BeBox * Solbourne S3000 * Commodore 128 * many more...