SGI: hinv

33Mhz IRIS Indigo. 16M & LG1! King of the low-end! - Page 2

Me too, I run 10.6.8 on all of my apple machines but this one is still 10.6.3 because that's what my OSX CD is, and I don't want to break anything with the hackintosh setup since it is running well and does everything I need, anyways.

I am considering mavericks but you loose so much (I like a lot of older games and utilities that need rosetta still) and gain so little (multi-monitor support, and... maps? facebook integration? (I don't do facebook). I could say the same about iOS 7 but all the touted new features (except for the "look" :roll: I have already with a jailbroken 6.1.2) For one thing I wanted (mountain) lion so I installed 10.8 in VMware and it runs great. I'm sure I can do the same with 10.9 if necessary.

The minor headache you have with installing the fake-efi chameleon bootloader is nothing compared to the hours or even days that come with trying to get everything up and running with Ubuntu or even windows XP which takes all night to update itself and by the time all the necessary things are in place (SP3, .NET, etc) the thing is just as slow as it was with windows 7, except less secure and more incompatible.

World domination! Or something...
no doubt osx is the only thing to have besides irix. it has the unix things and is, unlike linux, supported by the major software vendors.
vishnu wrote:
Well you know what they say; Ubuntu is an African word meaning "[name your favorite distro] is too hard for me." :lol:

hah, I've walked that walk, having run gentoo for many years (including on Octane, it wasn't until I found nekochan that I actually tried irix, despite owning an octane and O2 for several years prior...). At some point you grow up ;) Maybe I'm reaching for a computing midlife crisis soon, and will go back to it :lol: but it hasn't happened yet.

What I SHOULD do is get gentoo prefix on windows/interix. What a marvelous clusterfuck that sounds like...

World domination! Or something...
I'm on 6.5.30 :D

The Assist has Windows 2000, works fine, has commercial software, just can't install the latest 2 PhotoShops and Illustrators (boo hoo, the useless shit doesn't even work together anyhow).

Software is so bad now that at $1 a program, I don't even bother to buy the CD's ..... haven't seen anything interesting in several years.

The Indigo (1) was great. I loved mine. I remember from when I just got it that the 75 hz model is a leetle slow at computing but faster than you'd expect at graficking. It had a different feel from the Intel boxes of the day.