SGI: Computer Graphics

VRED: blatant commercial - Page 4

Hamei,

if we provide a price like this ... everybody would immediately know that it is dedicated for you only ... so we need to avoid that :P

I don't think its soo hard to generate a good looking image with our software, so just give it a try (and you do not even need to try to find a cracked license ... we provide a valid one for you :mrgreen: )

Matthias

Damn ! I was hoping that someone, somewhere would have less taste than me :(

Quote:
I don't think its soo hard to generate a good looking image with our software, so just give it a try (and you do not even need to try to find a cracked license ... we provide a valid one for you :mrgreen: )

I think I saw a copy over at this place on Jiaozhou lu last weekend ... they wanted $3 tho so I passed :D

Seriously, thank you and that'd be fun but I don't own anything anywhere near new enough to run your software. Can you import solid models to render ? If so, what sort ?
Sorry for the commercial break but we had to do it again:

http://www.pi-vr.de/en/products/vred-professional-42/features/new-features.html

Really necessary when you want to evaluate construction surfaces or for judging reflections (car mirrors). We were really surprised how wrong things go with tesselation algorithms, they aren't up to provide correct normals even for planar surfaces like the interior rearview mirror.

I have to admit, it is nice to finally see it make it to hardware.

For graphics, we live in interesting times!
Ah no, sorry. We are doing NURBS raytracing NOT rasterisation. I don't think using DX11 (or OpenGL equivalent) helps us, they main problem is the trimming and not the tesselation itself.

Matthias

http://develop3d.com/reviews/vred-essentials

Since all calculations are done completely on CPUs, the limit is only the amount of main memory available. A few months ago we produced an image with 55 cars yielding to 550 million polygons which needed 55GB of main memory ... Since todays highend workstations allow to be configured with up to ~256GB one can easily surpass the 2 billions polygon border ...

Sidenote: There's an error inside, the small solution allows to produce images with 4Megapixels and the big one 8Megapixel ...

Matthias