Everything Else

Archaeological dig: old Indys from Acclaim Entertainment unearthed - Page 3

Thanks, I was just about to post an update :)

The NBA Jam discovery got picked up by Gamasutra , Kotaku , and a few other news outlets. This weekend I sat down with some of the other CDR discs and found some original high-res sprites for Batman Forever . Scrounged a bunch of 3D character models and mocap data for Shadow Man, which I just sent to Valiant Entertainment, which holds the IP rights.

Also found a bunch of 3D Batman models, apparently artwork for Acclaim's later "Batman & Robin" 3D game for PSX, which apparently sucked but had decent graphics:

That Indy also contains art for several other games, and will be going up on eBay in the next week or two. The "c3po" Indy that just sold on eBay contains mocap for one of the Dave Mirra BMX titles.

Spoke with Jason Scott at the Internet Archive about options for archiving all this stuff without releasing it publicly and getting into legal trouble. I might end up sending them an encrypted copy of everything and holding the key until a rights holder grants permission for content to be released, and/or willing the key to the Internet Archive upon my demise so that it can be eventually decrypted and released upon copyright expiration. Hopefully that would avoid any legal snafus.
Silicon Classics on: YouTube | Twitter | Google+
Raion-Fox wrote: And sold for 2,551.99 to s***X with 138 ebay transactions. I would imagine this guy will leak the source lol.

Yeah. I don't see that happening either. For that sort of money they could've bought a much better machine. Essentially it's value mainly lays in the fact that it has that source code.

But atleast SiliconClassics made a killing on that. :)
:Octane2: - :O2: - :Octane: - :Indigo2IMP:
So I just learned, that the company Night Dive Studios recently remake of Turok, which seems to be fairly accurate to the original, with GFX (OpenGL 2.0), sound and music. So they either have the source code, or really did a good job in re-engineering.
:Indy: :O2: :O2: :Indigo: :Indigo2IMP: :Octane: :Octane2: :Octane2:
SGI - the legend will never die!!
According to the Night Dive devs in this thread they did have a copy of the original source.
Silicon Classics on: YouTube | Twitter | Google+