Everything Else

NASA seeks programmer for Voyager

http://www.popularmechanics.com/space/a17991/voyager-1-voyager-2-retiring-engineer/

So, if anybody likes retro-computing *and* would like to get paid for it ... this is your opportunity of a life time. :-)
:Fuel: :Octane2: :O2: :O2: :1600SW: :Indy: :Indy:
Where subtlety fails us we must simply make do with cream pies.
CV already sent (a few photo of cave-office included), planning to roll my and their stones, completely unbiased :lol:
hey oh? Swimming pool & Racing bicycle.
I know FORTRAN and assembly (probably for different machines than what they are looking for), but I'm too young for that job. :-)
Torfinn
FORTRAN = Phillips G700 Programming Cartridge 37 9 ?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Ho! Pip & Dandy!
MyDungeon() << :Fuel: :Octane2: :Octane2: :Octane2: :Octane: :Indy: MyLoft() << :540: :Octane: MyWork() << :Indy: :Indy: :O2: :O2: :O2: :Indigo: :Indigo:
uunix wrote: FORTRAN = Phillips G700 Programming Cartridge 37 9 ?

Oh, you mean this piece of trash? :

I'm afraid it included only BASIC and Z80 machine code, no Fortran alas. Plus you had to be a buddhist Monk for the oodles of patience it required to program anything.

Ontopic, it looks like a serious nice job. I taught myself Z80 and 8086 machine code back in 1982, and got Fortran77 in University together with Pascal. Only old farts with grey hair can apply!!
:Crimson: :PI: :Indigo: :O2: :Indy: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :O200: :O2000: :Onyx2:
dexter1 wrote:
uunix wrote: FORTRAN = Phillips G700 Programming Cartridge 37 9 ?

Oh, you mean this piece of trash? :

I'm afraid it included only BASIC and Z80 machine code, no Fortran alas. Plus you had to be a buddhist Monk for the oodles of patience it required to program anything.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! Yes!! Trash???????????? :cry:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Ho! Pip & Dandy!
MyDungeon() << :Fuel: :Octane2: :Octane2: :Octane2: :Octane: :Indy: MyLoft() << :540: :Octane: MyWork() << :Indy: :Indy: :O2: :O2: :O2: :Indigo: :Indigo:
I don't see how they can expect to be taken seriously in the modern software industry if they're still clinging to assembler and FORTRAN. Come back when you've got an enterprise solution leveraging SOAP, XML, PHP, and .NET, NASA!
Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73
Synthesizers: Roland JX-10/D-50/MT-32/SC-55k, Ensoniq SQ-80/Mirage, Yamaha DX7/V-50/FB-01/SY22, Korg DW-8000/MS-20 Mini/ARP Odyssey/M1/03-RW, E-mu Emax HD/Proteus/2, Rhodes Chroma Polaris
Seriously?
Things doesn't have to be "new" to serious stuff.
Oh, and NASA is about serious stuff, too: http://www.nasa.gov/press/goddard/2015/ ... n-suite-to
Torfinn
tingo wrote: Seriously?

(Psst, that was sarcasm and a joke.)
Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73
Synthesizers: Roland JX-10/D-50/MT-32/SC-55k, Ensoniq SQ-80/Mirage, Yamaha DX7/V-50/FB-01/SY22, Korg DW-8000/MS-20 Mini/ARP Odyssey/M1/03-RW, E-mu Emax HD/Proteus/2, Rhodes Chroma Polaris
commodorejohn wrote: I don't see how they can expect to be taken seriously in the modern software industry if they're still clinging to assembler and FORTRAN. Come back when you've got an enterprise solution leveraging SOAP, XML, PHP, and .NET, NASA!

This would be funnier if any of these buzzwords were relevant.
No SGIs here.
commodorejohn wrote:
tingo wrote: Seriously?

(Psst, that was sarcasm and a joke.)

Well, at least it shows how well sarcasm comes across in forums. :^)
Torfinn
I worked at the NASA Goddard Wallops Flight Facility during 1999 - 2000, the launch buildings were like museums of the early years of rocketry.
Project:
Temporarily lost at sea...
Plan:
World domination! Or something...

:Tezro: :Octane2: