Everything Else

Mobile Phone App

I'd love this site to be mobile friendly.

As it is, I struggle to read when I'm at the pub on my phone.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Ho! Pip & Dandy!
:Octane2: :Octane2: :O2: :Indy: loft => :Indigo: :540: :Octane: :Octane: :Indy:
Go easy on the stout and you'll struggle a good deal less...

:)
jimmer wrote: Go easy on the stout and you'll struggle a good deal less...

:)

Stout LOL.. I'm not my Father!
Hey Ho! Pip & Dandy!
AFAIK, phpBB 3.1 is pretty mobile friendly out of the box, so you can just use your browser. (I just checked, it is.)

Not every website needs to be turned into an app with a thin WebKit veneer around it. Unless it would have clear benefits over a website, don't.
No SGIs here.
uunix wrote: Stout LOL.. I'm not my Father!

But you're going to be ... one day you'll look in the mirror and there he is ! har har har :P

btw, the current version of neko is more mobile-friendly. The older one had you sliding all over the place on every screen. I'm not a big fan of the appearance changes but it is more convenient on a small screen.
Juliet ! the dice were loaded from the start ...
Works good for me using Chrome on Android? And there aint nowt wrong with a nice stout!! I prefer stouts / porters to pretty much anything else beer wise and I'm only in my mid 30's :)
:Indigo: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :Octane2: :O200:
individuals who insits on using a SMAAAAART PHOOOOOONE to browse nekochan.net, will get their entitlement to use this site removed. same goes for using this spydevices inside a pub.
no plan
That phone was used to read one hamei post too many...
yetanother**ixuser wrote: individuals who insits on using a SMAAAAART PHOOOOOONE to browse nekochan.net, will get their entitlement to use this site removed. same goes for using this spydevices inside a pub.

I know this is a retro computing forum but... I'm not going to make any apologies for using a modern smart phone.
:Indigo: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :Octane2: :O200:
Actually, this is being displayed/handled pretty well by Safari on my (Sp)iPhone 6...

A little fussier when I jump into the full editor, but when I start editing it scales/zooms appropriately.
Then? :IRIS3130: ... Now? :O3x02L: :A3504L: - :A3502L: :1600SW: +MLA :Fuel: :Octane2: :Octane: :Indigo2IMP: ... Other: DEC :BA213: :BA123: Sun , DG AViiON , NeXT :Cube:
Indeed the site works great on both internet explorer on my lumia and safari on my iPhone. The new mobile theme is nice. I dislike websites that shove pointless 'apps' down my throat which are nothing more than a browser view to existing said site anyway..
Thinkpad x220 Slack + DWM

Google: Don't Be Evil. Apple: Don't Be Greedy. Microsoft: Don't Be Stupid.
Rather than saying "works for me," why don't we see if we can help uunix find a better solution.

uunix, what phone and browser are you having trouble with? Which forum theme do you use?

Edit: For instance, I had selected the "subsilver2" theme (or whatever) in User Control Panel -> Board Preferences, because I was used to the old theme when using a desktop browser. But I just switched my preference to the newer "prosilver" theme, and the display of the forums on my iPhone seems even more betterer suited to the display...
Then? :IRIS3130: ... Now? :O3x02L: :A3504L: - :A3502L: :1600SW: +MLA :Fuel: :Octane2: :Octane: :Indigo2IMP: ... Other: DEC :BA213: :BA123: Sun , DG AViiON , NeXT :Cube:
iPhone 5, and it's not that it's unusable, but more it uses the inbuilt iOS safari browser and you have to zoom in to click a link, zoom in to read and slide all over the place to read a post, then zoom out to get the list back.

It's like using a tiny screen.. which funnily enough it is anyway. I'm using the old standard theme.

Years back, I used to subscribe to comp.sgi etc and the posts used to get delivered (or fetched) like a list of emails and I was just thinking, that would be nice.
Hey Ho! Pip & Dandy!
uunix wrote: I'm using the old standard theme.

The new theme is mobile-friendly. The old one isn't.
Thinkpad x220 Slack + DWM

Google: Don't Be Evil. Apple: Don't Be Greedy. Microsoft: Don't Be Stupid.
jimmer wrote: That phone was used to read one hamei post too many...

Now let's just hang on one possum-pecker second heah ....

For some reason or another, y'all sounded a little taller on the radio ....

Youyou, I used the subsssilver theme on the N900 when it worked, that didn't behave as you describe.
Juliet ! the dice were loaded from the start ...
guardian452 wrote:

I will give it a go then.
Hey Ho! Pip & Dandy!
uunix wrote:
guardian452 wrote:

I will give it a go then.

Ahhhhhhh much better, thanks SMJ, Guardian. I'd never even thought of the themes usage. All makes sense now. :D

Right I'm off to the pub to test.
Hey Ho! Pip & Dandy!