Everything Else

shit :(

The Snake slithered his last comeback :( but true to character, he didn't tell anybody :D

"Great plan, John ! ...

... but that's not what I'm gonna do"

The last time a group of live human beings was seen in professional sports :( (in the US, at least) ..
Juliet ! the dice were loaded from the start ...
hamei wrote: The Snake slithered his last comeback :( but true to character, he didn't tell anybody :D

"Great plan, John ! ...

... but that's not what I'm gonna do"

The last time a group of live human beings was seen in professional sports :( (in the US, at least) ..

Well....hockey season is over, so i have nooo idea what you're talkin bout.
hamei wrote: The Snake slithered his last comeback :( but true to character, he didn't tell anybody :D
Gen 3:1 :lol:
If man would have been created out of the rib of a woman - how different would the world be?
Oskar45 wrote: Gen 3:1 :lol:

:D Stabler and fundamentalist christianity, the two poles of existence :P

There was nothing like being a raiders fan in those days, and has been nothing like it since ... "Oh good, we're ten points down and two minutes to play. We won ! We won !" 99% of the time, we had.

He'd take time in the middle of a double overtime playoff game to gaze into the stands, say, "Fans sure are getting their money's worth today, eh John ?"

In this day of plastic fantastic athaletes, Kenny was real to the very marrow of his bones ...
I watched a game of baseball yesterday, Red Socks vs NY Yankees (I think).. jeeze, does anyone actually hit a ball without it being a foul?

Not knocking the game, but it does seem comparable with our game of Cricket!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Ho! Pip & Dandy!
:Octane2: :Octane2: :O2: :Indy: loft => :Indigo: :540: :Octane: :Octane: :Indy:
uunix wrote: Not knocking the game, but it does seem comparable with our game of Cricket!

Perhaps you meant to say ' doesn't seem comparable'...

Compared to Baseball, Cricket (in particular Test Cricket) is so much better as a game it's not even a contest :)
:Fuel: redbox 800Mhz 4Gb V12
jimmer wrote: Compared to Baseball, Croquet is so much better as a game it's not even a contest :)

Fixed that for you :P

There is one interesting aspect to baseball, though - the mental contest between the batter and pitcher. I don't believe cricket players throw the ball at 98 mph ?
You'd be wrong. Cricket balls from fast bowlers typically go at around 90mph and can exceed 100mph from the fastest bowlers ( linky ). There is also a lot of mental psychology going on between the players as the bowler tries all manner of tactics and different types of delivery to outwit the batsman and take his wicket.
Systems in use:
:Fuel: - Lithium : R14000 600MHz CPU, 4GB RAM, V10 Graphics, 36GB 15k HDD & 300GB 10k HDD, New/quiet fans, IRIX 6.5.30
:Indigo2IMP: - Nitrogen : R10000 195MHz CPU, 384MB RAM, SolidIMPACT Graphics, 36GB 15k HDD & 300GB 10k HDD, New/quiet fans, IRIX 6.5.22
Other systems in storage: :O2: x 2, :Indy: x 2
Baseball has better music.
Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73
Synthesizers: Roland JX-10/MT-32/D-10, Oberheim Matrix-6, Yamaha DX7/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini, Ensoniq Mirage/SQ-80, Sequential Circuits Prophet-600, Hohner String Performer

"'Legacy code' often differs from its suggested alternative by actually working and scaling." - Bjarne Stroustrup