Everything Else

what the heck ?

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... 1938SL.DTL

"The companies will continue to cooperate on many fronts, with Google providing the search engine for Apple's Safari Internet browser as well as several default applications on the iPhone."

Oh. Look at the way that is written. What a crock of poo. People with an iPhone can use the google search engine. Wow, what an intimate connection. Will someone please hurt the blithering idiots who write this junk ?
hamei wrote: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/08/03/BU3H1938SL.DTL

"The companies will continue to cooperate on many fronts, with Google providing the search engine for Apple's Safari Internet browser as well as several default applications on the iPhone."

Oh. Look at the way that is written. What a crock of poo. People with an iPhone can use the google search engine. Wow, what an intimate connection. Will someone please hurt the blithering idiots who write this junk ?

it means the the query is sent to google, with a google button in a google window inside the application. it's branding, and i'm not sure you can easily change that setting. or why you would want to bother.

google has 'kneenex'ed itself.

swap the search engine but leave the google button there, nobody would know the difference on the iphone.

edit: ok, so i can set yahoo in safari at least. whoop dee do!
:Skywriter:

DECUS Member 368596
iPhones also come with Google Maps and YouTube apps built in, that's what they're referring to. Just no Google voice unfortunately :( .
:540: :Octane: :Octane2: :O2: NeXTStation x 2, A4, A7000, RISC PC
un_ wrote: iPhones also come with....no Google voice unfortunately :( .

Well if you already have an iPhone, you could just ring people.
:Indy: R4600PC 133 MHz

Mac Mini 2.5GHz 8GB RAM
Raspberry Pi
I was talking to my friend today (who has an iphone) and he said the skype application only lets you use it over wifi and not over data connection. They think of everything don't they (he has unlimited data).
:Indy: :rx2600: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indy: :Indy:
Yes, AT&T cheap out on the iphone users, our Skype can't use 3g and neither can the slingbox player. This is presumably to prevent iphone users from bringing their network to the ground (instead of just to it's knees like we usually do :) )

Same reason tethering isn't allowed etc. Originally, the YouTube app wouldn't play movies over Edge either, but they changed that in 2.0.

Well if you already have an iPhone, you could just ring people.

Ha-de-ha, Google voice is a product that lets you have one phone # and route it to whichever phone you're next to, along with providing a central voicemail system, voice-to-text, etc..
:540: :Octane: :Octane2: :O2: NeXTStation x 2, A4, A7000, RISC PC