Everything Else

I love this program so much I could cry! Autodesk SBP 2010

Okay, maybe not cry. That's the post-op pain drugs talking--I hope. Autodesk Sketchbook Pro 2010 still rules.

Not since 1997 with AutoCAD LT or 1992 with Animator Pro have I been this overjoyed with a software product.

I was looking for digital canvas apps for my tablet and saw ArtRage and a few others then I saw this with a link to a Youtube video where a guy drew an exquisite looking car. I downloaded the trial and went to work, expecting to have to adapt. No. It was designed to work so eerily naturally. Having never seen it before, I did my homework and looked into the origins of the app and wasn't surprised... it used to be an Alias product.

I'll be honest, I thought about pirating it, but went for a price just for grins. $100. Really? Not for an academic version either? Full version. Wow. I looked at eBay and the usual places to see if there were any discounts to be had. Amazon to the rescue at $20 off. $80 for the package. I'm getting two seats, maybe three.

I use it on a Toshiba Tecra M7 with a C2D T7200 2GHz 4MB L2. Fast machine, good 3D chip, but heavy as hell with short battery life. The app is so gently-priced I'm investing in a customized 3lb Thinkpad X41 Tablet just for this program.

You know you've found a great app when your only regret is not finding it sooner.
-- I'm a PeeCee and I can kick your ass . --
Slow PeeCee - i7 940 OC 4.1GHz, 20GB DDR3 OC 1.8GHz, 2x1TB WD RAID0, ATI 5870 1GB, 3008WFP
Dev PeeCee - IBM Intellistation A Pro - Dual Opteron 290 2.8GHz, 8GB ECC DDR, 500GB SATA, 8400GS, 2x1800FP
Slow PeeCee Cluster - 30x Opteron 275, 60.5GB RAM, 2.2TB, 2x1.5TB
Octane 2xR12K-300, 1.5GB, 36GB 10K, 73GB 10K, V8
Indigo2 195MHz, 1GB, 36GB, SI

There are 10 kinds of people in the world:
Those who understand Ternary. Those who don't. Those who could give a shit less.
I used to use Sketchbook Pro for my freelance work. It's great software however I prefer Painter IX because it allows you to adjust brush effects and other parameters that SKB dont have.
I haven't tried SketchBook Pro, but did recently spend the cash to upgrade to Painter 11 (from X) and Manga Studio EX4 (from EX3). Need to get back into drawing again.
Twitter: @neko_no_ko
IRIX Release 4.0.5 IP12 Version 06151813 System V
Copyright 1987-1992 Silicon Graphics, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Agreed, my intous 4 tablet came with a copy and i love it.
:Indigo2: :O2000: :ChallengeL: :Indy: :PI:
Painter X runs slow on mac and pc, not sure about painter XI. Artrage is the best painting software for osx that i came across so far. Better controls than painter, sketchbook pro. Give a feel closest to physically drawing on paper.
Sktchbuk rulez! here some sample of my Proyects at the University
Former: :O2: R10000 | :540: | :O2: 600Mhz | :O2: R5000
Plastic City is back!!! >>> http://www.plasticcity.de
I got my copy of the old Alias SBP 2.0 from eBay for cheap a couple of years ago, has it changed radically since? If you can't take it with you and got an iPhone/iPod Touch you could get Sketchbook on that platform.

Simon