Everything Else

Brasil, World Cup Champion 2006 !!!

Yes, they're going to take it home one more time. Any neko-soccer fans out there??
Sitting in a room.....thinkin' shit up. :evil:

:O2: 400MHz R12k - :320: Dual 550MHz PIII - Apple G4 Cube dual 500MHz/GF6200 - Newton Messagepad 2100 - Apple PowerBook 2400c/G3@240 - DECstation5000/133 - Apple Workgroup Server 9150/120 G3@280 - Apple Macintosh IIfx - Apple Macintosh Color Classic (Mystic upgrade) - Sun Cobalt Cube 3 - Tadpole RDI UltraBook IIi - Digital HiNote Ultra II - HP 200LX
zahal wrote: Yes, they're going to take it home one more time.
HELL NO!
zahal wrote: Any neko-soccer fans out there??
You bet! Ex semi-pro (semi means benchwarmer, ex means old :-) ). Played against Yari back in the days in rival clubs in "espoir" league, when we were young... Obviously he had a career and I didn't... But he doesn't work on cool engineering stuff, there you have it :-)

One thing for sure: USA and Germany are going down... USA probably won't make it to the second round... You can tell because after the big build-up hype of the last four years and the fake FIFA #4 ranking, they realized that their ass is going to get kicked very hard. What's the reaction? The US media is now trashing soccer: King GW sends "warnings about the world cup", TV & Radio are now blasting "soccer fans are racists" BS, portraying swastika-wearers and bananna-throwing degenerates as the typical soccer fan...

I guess things would be very different if Nike had won the WC supply contract (good luck in Germany) and if the US team didn't suck ass. Although they think they're great, just like the Galaxy thought they did great against Real Madrid last year :-D The US "great WC qualification round" has as much value as Germany beating Luxembourg 7:0...

England, France and Italy are looking pretty good... I'm thinking Italy will do it this time, although England seems pretty serious... This is a European WC, none of that Brazil or Argentina nonsense, please! :-D

I know what I'm doing Friday: taking the day off :-D

BTW, here's the TV schedule for the US: http://msn.foxsports.com/name/public/FS ... cheduleENG

Let's pray that we won't have to suffer commercial breaks every 10 minutes!
unixmuseum wrote: This is a European WC, none of that Brazil or Argentina nonsense, please!

:? :roll: :twisted:
GeneratriX wrote:
unixmuseum wrote: This is a European WC, none of that Brazil or Argentina nonsense, please!

What? You're part Italian, aren't you? FORZA ITALIA!

BTW Diego, since you love the O2 so much, support my team and get yourself an Arsenal jersey:

unixmuseum wrote:
GeneratriX wrote:

What? You're part Italian, aren't you? FORZA ITALIA!

Ahh hahahahaha!!!; Right to the point, evil guy!!! ...but I've always supported to Argentina on first place, and then Italia on a second place! ;) That is, I hope any of both can bring the cup to home; but since I'm residing here... you know! ;)

unixmuseum wrote: BTW Diego, since you love the O2 so much, support my team and get yourself an Arsenal jersey:

I guess you don't mean Arsenal Futbol Club (Sarandi Buenos Aires), right? :lol:

BTW: yeah!; your above Arsenal "casaca" looks as the perfect mixture between a computer geek and a football's "hincha" ! :P :lol:
unixmuseum wrote: I know what I'm doing Friday: taking the day off :-D

Heh - why waste Friday :D ? Germany-Costa Rica and Poland-Ecuador are hardly exciting...better save your day for another occasion - eg, in the second round we might easily have Brazil-Italy, Germany-England, Argentina-Portugal or France-Spain :!: :D
If the snake bites before it is charmed, there is no advantage in a charmer.
Any neko-soccer fans out there??

Sorry mate - NO, I used to be into the game pretty seriously, but finally I just couldn't take any more of the diving. All the rolling around on the ground, faces contorted in cross-eyed agony because "some guy pushed me over!" just gave me the shits - especially when they're up and about only seconds after a friggin' stretcher appears on the scene. Some teams are notoriously bad at this particular practice - but I'm too much of a gentleman to start pointing them out. As much as I think the game itself has merit as a team sport, I just couldn't point to it and say to my son "there you go, that's what the best in the world do in this particular code of football". It's just plain embarrasing.
In the end it was Rugby Union that struck me as being distinctly gladatorial and superbly spectacular as a real physical contest - no room for "shirt pulling", mock injury and other such wankery in Union.
I hope some of you are able to tune into a first class example of exactly what I mean this weekend (Sunday 11th) when Australia play England in Rugby in Sydney - a rematch of the 2003 Rugby World Cup Final which England won by a field goal (goddamn it) in extra time. I guarantee you, you won't see anything like what you'll be sickened by in some (not all) of the soccer matches that are coming up. Australia will put at least 40 points past England, who will gallantly go down with all guns blazing - great stuff!
Oskar45 wrote: Heh - why waste Friday :D ? Germany-Costa Rica and Poland-Ecuador are hardly exciting...
True, not very exciting besides the fact that it's the opening game, it's a question of principle :-)
Oskar45 wrote: better save your day for another occasion - eg, in the second round we might easily have Brazil-Italy, Germany-England, Argentina-Portugal or France-Spain :!: :D
Yeah, this would be better games for sure, but then again, I have quite a few days of vacation saved for the occasion :-)
yarrumevets wrote: I used to be into the game pretty seriously, but finally I just couldn't take any more of the diving. All the rolling around on the ground, faces contorted in cross-eyed agony because "some guy pushed me over!" just gave me the shits - especially when they're up and about only seconds after a friggin' stretcher appears on the scene.

Right, there's too much of that crap nowadays :( the big guys at FIFA should introduce a rule where "fakers" get a X week suspension if the video images afterwards show it was a "Schwalbe" as our german neighbours call it :D

But in the meantime, country teams usually have much less of that crap. Well, except perhaps for the Inzaghi siste... ehh I mean brothers :lol:

My own country didn't make it, so I'm kinda choosing a favourite team on a per-game basis. :)
while (!asleep()) sheep++;
Like most irish people i'll cheer for who ever is playing against england .... :lol:
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better"
Dubhthach wrote: Like most irish people i'll cheer for who ever is playing against england .... :lol:
:-D :-D
Dubhthach wrote: Like most irish people i'll cheer for who ever is playing against england .... :lol:

Then you must be enjoyed these famous goal from Maradona! ;) :lol:
My roommate is a big Soccer (football) fan (Liverpool specifically) so I will inevitably be seeing a lot of it. He and I go out to the local soccer fields and practice a couple of times a week. He's okay at it, but I am terrible.
I'll definitely be seeing a lot of it.
"EV-ERY-ONE!" --Stansfield

I always like the irish to do well in their games, except against us of course :)

Then you must be enjoyed these famous goal from Maradona!

Yeah, great goal from the big fat cokehead :P

C'mon England - crouchy boy for golden boot I say! :lol:

sincil wrote: Yeah, great goal from the big fat cokehead :P

:lol: ...And do you have realized that as a major injury, he performed such thing in such fashion premeditatedly and with firm purpose? :shock: ...I can't imagine how angered could feel a U.K. originary about this thing, but also, I could not imagine about someone else enabled to perform it SO WELL! ;)

No hard feelings, keep it pacefully; we are all good friends! :)