Apple

Apple CPU £10

That's what the title said. It was indeed an Apple Silver Power Mac type base system for £10.

A few stickers on the top hand written read:
2.3 GHZ
Power Mac
3GB Ram

Lisa
Store (or Stone)
FI
Aircon
2.3GB
with 3GB Ram

The back picture shows it has Dual DVI-D
2 Ethernet
Firewire 800
Firewire 400
Optical Audio Out (or in)
Optical Audio In (or out)
Audio In & Out
3USB

In that order (top down)

It's located not far, so for £10.. I bought it! Collection tomorrow night.

I suspect it's G5. It's not like I don't have enough stuff.. but I suppose that what you get when you visit your parents and all the talk is weddings and you have your phone.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Ho! Pip & Dandy!
MyDungeon() << :Fuel: :Octane2: :Octane2: :Octane2: :Octane: :Indy: MyLoft() << :540: :Octane: MyWork() << :Indy: :Indy: :O2: :O2: :O2: :Indigo: :Indigo:
Yeah, that's a G5. You either have a DP 2.3 (most reliable) or DC 2.3 (a bit faster but poorer track record). The good news is, the 2.3 is aircooled, so no need to worry about overhauling the liquid cooling like on a Quad. Decent machine, that. Will run 10.4 or 10.5 very nicely.
smit happens.

:Fuel: bigred , 900MHz R16K, 4GB RAM, V12 DCD, 6.5.30
:Indy: indy , 150MHz R4400SC, 256MB RAM, XL24, 6.5.10
:Indigo2IMP: purplehaze , 175MHz R10000, Solid IMPACT
probably posted from Image bruce , Quad 2.5GHz PowerPC 970MP, 16GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.4.11
plus IBM POWER6 p520 * Apple Network Server 500 * HP C8000 * BeBox * Solbourne S3000 * Commodore 128 * many more...
And now I have 2..

On collection, the guys asks if I want another for a fiver.. I say, I only have a tenner on me.. off he goes to get it anyway, and says, just take it..

Well, first one in excellent condition, but missing HDDs & Caddies & more importantly the power lead!!!! I'm hoping I have one in the loft from my old iMac that packed in some years ago.

The second has a damaged base, memory missing and all sorts of things that make it look like its been a bit cannibalized. Still not complaining for free.

I have now officially run out of space in my house!
Hey Ho! Pip & Dandy!
MyDungeon() << :Fuel: :Octane2: :Octane2: :Octane2: :Octane: :Indy: MyLoft() << :540: :Octane: MyWork() << :Indy: :Indy: :O2: :O2: :O2: :Indigo: :Indigo:
Isn't the power lead on a g5 a standard c19 like an onyx? I know you can get the fancy white apple one with a shroud but... It'll cost as much as the machine!
Google: Don't Be Evil. Apple: Don't Be Greedy. Microsoft: Don't Be Stupid.
Right. It's just a C19.
smit happens.

:Fuel: bigred , 900MHz R16K, 4GB RAM, V12 DCD, 6.5.30
:Indy: indy , 150MHz R4400SC, 256MB RAM, XL24, 6.5.10
:Indigo2IMP: purplehaze , 175MHz R10000, Solid IMPACT
probably posted from Image bruce , Quad 2.5GHz PowerPC 970MP, 16GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.4.11
plus IBM POWER6 p520 * Apple Network Server 500 * HP C8000 * BeBox * Solbourne S3000 * Commodore 128 * many more...
It is indeed a IEC 60320.C19 plug. The OEM cords have a flat gasket that might be gas tight (appears to be based on 60320-2-3), but that isn't normally needed.
:PI: :O2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP:
uunix wrote: I have now officially run out of space in my house!

Build a shed to go with the loft. Then you can start a company, "Shed & Loft" :P
The time has come for someone to put his foot down ...
uunix wrote: I have now officially run out of space in my house!
Oh, if I would have gotten an £10 Apple CPU for every time I've said that... I'd pretty much be in the situation I'm in now :D
:Onyx2R: :IRIS3130: :Crimson: :4D310: :Onyx2: :O2000: :O200: :PI: :Fuel: :Indigo: :Octane: :O2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2: :Indy: :1600SW: :pdp8e:
:BA213: <- MicroVAX 3500 :BA213: <- DECsystem 5500 :BA215: <- MicroVAX 3300
Pictures of my collection: www.pdp8.se
I don't have a cable, the iMac one a normal kettle lead with a seal on it..

Apple are like IBM and the MCA.. trying to take over the world with fscking kettle leads!!

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!
Hey Ho! Pip & Dandy!

because they think different!

oh, someone aims for taking over the world with the zebra's head
oh, someone aims for taking over the world with the zebra's back
bye.