Miscellaneous Operating Systems/Hardware

Giant MOS 6502 processor

Just saw this on Heise.de . The MOnSter 6502 project
The explanation by the maker: https://youtu.be/73h4cjTeX44
Very cool :)
:Crimson: :PI: :Indigo: :O2: :Indy: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP:
awesome !!!!

can we see it work while playing Turrican on C= 64 ??

Eve
There are few things in life that I love more than random, pointless, off the charts geeky s***t. :) :)
:Onyx2: :Indigo2: :O3x0:
computron wrote: awesome !!!!

can we see it work while playing Turrican on C= 64 ??

Eve

Sadly, based on their remarks (because of course people already asked this :D ) its maximum operating frequency is somewhere in the neighborhood of ~400KHz, so it's not gonna be running much C64 software any time soon.

Utterly rad, though. Reminds me that I really ought to sit down and learn a bit more about homebrew hardware as I've been meaning to for a long time...
Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73
Synthesizers: Roland JX-10/SH-09/HS-80/MT-32/D-50, Yamaha DX7-II/V50/TX7/TG33/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini/ARP Odyssey/DW-8000/M1, Ensoniq SQ-80, E-mu Emax HD/Proteus-2, Casio CZ-5000, Moog Satellite, Sequential Circuits Prophet-600
Version 2 is out, upgraded with even more leds:

It actually runs Basic, Forth and 6502 assembly. It's limited to about 60KHz so no chance to put this in an AppleII :(
:Crimson: :PI: :Indigo: :O2: :Indy: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP:
Very cool

You say " WUAAAAA TOOoooooooo COOoooooooooooooooL " in the first five minutes you watch the video, while the state of being awake and aware of one's surroundings is taking a caffe-break, and your brain fails to regain consciousness but knows it must do it, otherwise it will be dead two days later.

So, at the end of the pipe of your thoughts, there is new incoming socket, and it's what your consciousness thinks - Typical "done because we can" project - Which is then distilled as rebuke: don't try it at home :lol:
Head Full of Snow. Lemon Scented You