Miscellaneous Operating Systems/Hardware

MobaXterm

http://mobaxterm.mobatek.net/

Just testing this out, has anyone used it, it actually seems not too bad so far, been using it for 10 mins connected to IRIX desktop and CDE (AIX) using XDMCP.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Ho! Pip & Dandy!
:Octane2: :Octane2: :O2: :Indy: loft => :Indigo: :540: :Octane: :Octane: :Indy:
I am using MabaXterm with CoNix , it's the cooperative Linux for Windows solution used by Analog Devices .CoNix has no graphical interface, so MabaXterm is good enough to export a display. Last time I tried It worked good way with Irix too. You have to pay 60 euro for the registered version, the free version is good enough but you can't customize it.

A similar good solution for MacOSX is X11/XQuartz .
Some prowling the streets, looking for sweets from their Candyman , I'm Looking for a new fun with IP30/Octane2
IP30 purposes : linux (kernel development), Irix Scientific Apps { Ansys, Catia, Pro/E, FiberSIM, AutoDYNþ }
Other Projects : { Cerberus , Woody Box , 68K-board, SWI_DBG }, discontinued Console hacks { GB , PSX1 }
Wanted Equipments : { U1732C LCR meter by Keysight, alternatives are the welcome }
Yo man, 100Gbyte of ram is not enough, U wanna be hacker?cracker?, You think a Commodore 64 is really neato -
And it doesn't complain about the xserver missing the XSGI extension? :?: :?: :?:
Project:
Temporarily lost at sea...
Plan:
World domination! Or something...
vishnu wrote: And it doesn't complain about the xserver missing the XSGI extension? :?: :?: :?:

Don't know about the program but the website makes me ill :?

Along those lines ... got tired of writing into the wrong terminal so I've been using xterm for remote and winterm for local. Better. (Yes I know you can do named varieties of a window with different characteristics but ... oh well. Maybe next time.)

But xterm has a really bad scroll bar. So I came across another Muquit Motif program, an xterm with a Motif scroll bar. Much nicer. Attached. I call it mxterm but you can name it anything you want. And I haven't conquered the Xdefaults yet, so it's a plain grey with Irixxy decorations.
mxterm.gz
(351.3 KiB) Downloaded 5 times

Oh. It's mips 3 so should (?) work on older Irixxes and doesn't need any nekoware dependencies.
I never thought that a fat man's face would ever look so sweet ...
hamei wrote: It's mips 3 so should (?) work on older Irixxes

no, it depends on where it was compiled. mips3 does however let it run on, well, mips3 machines :P
r-a-c.de
foetz wrote: mips3 does however let it run on, well, mips3 machines :P

Yeah, I told it to be mips3 but computers have a habit of ignoring me. And I have no way to test. So no promises ...
I never thought that a fat man's face would ever look so sweet ...
hamei wrote: I have no way to test.

Code: Select all

file /path/to/mxterm

or whatever the proggy is called
r-a-c.de
This looks pretty cool and makes me want to get my Octane running now!
Yeah I use MobaXterm on windows pretty often....it works well and has built in sftp which is quite nice to use sometimes.