IRIX and Software

Oracle 8 for Irix

I'm trying to track down the Oracle Irix client, but without any luck. The oracle website only provides downloads going back to 9i and I think 8 was the last supported version for Irix. I believe these were free downloads at the time (like they are now) so I should be OK asking about this on nekochan. If no-one here can help me out, I guess the other option would be to contact oracle and see if they still have the download files available somewhere.

Cheers
Jessica
If I remember correctly, only the Windows, Solaris, and Linux versions of Oracle 8 were available for download...For IRIX, only the documentation was downloadable...

BTW, the final versions of Oracle for IRIX were 8.1.7 for 64 bit systems and 8.0.6 for 32 bit systems.
josehill wrote:
If I remember correctly, only the Windows, Solaris, and Linux versions of Oracle 8 were available for download...For IRIX, only the documentation was downloadable...

Thats right. SGI ships also for a short periode of time the o200 with a ORACLE DB but there was never something for 'free' download. We emigrate years ago from IRIX to NOVELL with our Oracle databases and 1 year later Oracle drops also this plattform. Now we have to use MSSQL and for the all web based stuff MySQL.

Quote:
BTW, the final versions of Oracle for IRIX were 8.1.7 for 64 bit systems and 8.0.6 for 32 bit systems.

With some patches you will get 8.1.7.4.

Code:
[o2k]:~ $ sqlplus system
SQL*Plus: Release 8.1.7.0.0 - Production on So Jan 22 10:19:39 2006
(c) Copyright 2000 Oracle Corporation.  All rights reserved.

Kennwort eingeben: ***********

Verbunden mit:
Oracle8i Enterprise Edition Release 8.1.7.4.0 - Production
With the Partitioning option
JServer Release 8.1.7.4.0 - Production

regards
Joerg

SunForSun wrote:
prompted to download oracle 8.1.7 for irix is also prohibited to the discussion?

In general, legitimate downloads that you come across, such as the one for Equinox 3D, are fine. Pirate Bay downloads are not. If Sun put this up on some server by accident somewhere, then let's all go grab it :)

Otherwise ....

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/enterprise-edition/jdbc9201-092698.html

This does require a license agreement.