IRIX and Software

PROM don't response via Net - Page 2

Antnee wrote:

Hey, can we get some real UK/US Pool game? I prefer it to any kind of billiards.

The good old English pool is played with seven of your English red balls, seven yellow and a black.

uhhh - that might be pool over there, but ya'll will have to leave US out of it <solids 'n stripes 'round here> :wink:

Antnee wrote:
The first person to pot a colour will have to pot the rest of that colour. Potting (or touching) another ball, black or the opponents, before your own, is a foul. Once you've potted all your balls, you pot the black to win

Tally-ho

<hmmm - the old 'two peoples separated by a common language' thing rears it's head> Next time yer over this way I know a coupla places we can get in on a friendly <cough> game o' buck-a-ball. Just keep a tight grip on the thin end of the cue stick - first time you mention potting yer balls we'll probably havta fight our way out. 8)
recondas wrote:
<hmmm - the old 'two peoples separated by a common language' thing rears it's head> Next time yer over this way I know a coupla places we can get in on a friendly <cough> game o' buck-a-ball. Just keep a tight grip on the thin end of the cue stick - first time you mention potting yer balls we'll probably havta fight our way out. 8)

I'm sorry, I often forget that these games originated in Europe, and that we're speaking English! ;) What COLOUR balls would you have? He he (Sorry, couldn't resist!)

As for US pool, I'm aware of the differences. How's this for some slight differences:

Snooker

Table: 12ft x 6ft
Balls: 21 + cue ball (multiple colours, different values)

American Pool

Table: 8ft x 4ft
Balls: 15 + cue ball (spots & stripes)

English Pool

Table: 6ft x 3ft
Balls: 15 + cue ball (reds & yellows)

As I understand it, it's only really the way the games are played that makes a difference, and of course there are the different types, 10 ball, 8 ball etc. Obviously, your spots & stripes are different too. Correct my mistakes, please!