IRIX and Software

Any GUI ftp servers for irix?

Are there any Irix ftp daemons with GUIs? On the peecee I use warftp, which has a nice interface for managing accounts and system settings, and I'd like to find something similar for SGI.
You can try and compile gproftpd, the frontend to proftpd. That should run on IRIX with a bit of tweaking.
Webmin has frontends for most ftp servers, I use it regularly for proftpd.
Such bugs and goblins in my life!
(Taken from Hamlet)
ajerimez wrote: Are there any Irix ftp daemons with GUIs? On the peecee I use warftp, which has a nice interface for managing accounts and system settings, and I'd like to find something similar for SGI.

'real' ftp servers never have a gui.
r-a-c.de
foetz wrote: 'real' ftp servers never have a gui.

But I NEED my big, shiny, candy-like buttons.
ajerimez wrote:

Come on guys, help the man out! It's for your own goods, believe me :wink:
foetz wrote:
ajerimez wrote: Are there any Irix ftp daemons with GUIs? On the peecee I use warftp, which has a nice interface for managing accounts and system settings, and I'd like to find something similar for SGI.

'real' ftp servers never have a gui.

Yeah, you only need a gui if you're running a "kiddie" server OS like windows "server!" Real admins have no use for such things! :D

Still, your best bet would probably be the web configuration package mentioned before in this thread. I've never used it ( I <3 my command line :P ), but IIRC I've read good things about it in one of those linux magizines.
CHI: :OnyxR: :Onyx: :Onyx: :Crimson: :O200: :Octane: :Indy: :Cube:
SEA: :Onyx: :Onyx2: :O2000: :Octane2: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indigo2: :Indy:
ajerimez wrote:

:lol: :lol:

anyway to run a secure ftp under unix you need more than just configuring the daemon so once again there's no gui.
webmin is nice but also only if you know the system i.e. you know what you're doing.
r-a-c.de