IRIX and Software

[L00king4] Irix 3.x (especially 3.3.1) software

Hallo!

This is my first post on Nekochan but I lurked here for a long time.

I am in need of old software for Irix 3.3.1, especially an internt browser and irc client.
I tried to install Mosaic 1.2 but it requires Irix 4.0.5 .

Someone can help me?

Sorry for my bad English.

Thanks,
AlphaPi[jr]

P.S. : I am also looking for Irix 3.3.1 's installation media.
--

*x is better :-)
AlphaPi[jr] wrote: Hallo!

This is my first post on Nekochan but I lurked here for a long time.

Welcome!
AlphaPi[jr] wrote: I am in need of old software for Irix 3.3.1, especially an internt browser and irc client.
I tried to install Mosaic 1.2 but it requires Irix 4.0.5 .

I think you may have been asleep for the past 11 years!

Even Mosaic 0.5 (~January 1993) requires Irix 4.x. The source to Mosaic is freely available, so I suppose you could try to compile it under 3.3.x. As for IRC, you may have some success building ircii under 3.3.x, it's pretty basic.
Wow... never heard any mention of Irix 3.x...

What machine are you using?
Uhh... trying to compile anything even remotely modern on 3.3 is asking for a *lot* of work. It begins with a C-Compiler that will cause a lot of trouble and ends with a certain lack of more or less important stuff (X for example).

Gerhard
Gerhard.Lenerz wrote: Uhh... trying to compile anything even remotely modern on 3.3 is asking for a *lot* of work. It begins with a C-Compiler that will cause a lot of trouble and ends with a certain lack of more or less important stuff (X for example).

Gerhard

You right :-)

I tried to compile something (old version of epic) and cc crash because epic need some libraries not present in Irix 3.x

The machine is a Personal Iris 4D/25 which is a rock (My old SinNT box sux a lot) ;-)

However your site is great!!!

AlphaPi[jr]
--

*x is better :-)
4D/25 :D

u can use IRIX 5.x for 4D/25
Getting even remotely modern software to run on 4D1 3.x is a major PITA. Some of the most popular problems include the lack of X and the dated compiler that is in the 3.x IDO.

Gerhard