SGI: Discussion

THIS IS THE NEW BOEING 777. And this is the box it came in.

:Octane2: 2xR12000 400MHz, 4GB RAM, V12
SGI - the legend will never die!!
I love that poster (especially given my career). I even have it framed and hung up over my teal Indigo2. :mrgreen:
:Onyx2: :Indigo2: :O3x0:
Nice look!
smit happens.

:Fuel: bigred , 900MHz R16K, 4GB RAM, V12 DCD, 6.5.30
:Indy: indy , 150MHz R4400SC, 256MB RAM, XL24, 6.5.10
:Indigo2IMP: purplehaze , 175MHz R10000, Solid IMPACT
probably posted from Image bruce , Quad 2.5GHz PowerPC 970MP, 16GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.4.11
plus IBM POWER6 p520 * Apple Network Server 500 * HP C8000 * BeBox * Solbourne S3000 * Commodore 128 * many more...
ClassicHasClass wrote: Nice look!

indeed !
:Octane2: 2xR12000 400MHz, 4GB RAM, V12
SGI - the legend will never die!!
I love that poster (especially given my career). I even have it framed and hung up over my teal Indigo2. :mrgreen:

Nice! :D Love that poster too! Is that an actual SGI poster or did you print it yourself? Does anyone have a high resolution scan/image of it? The photo in the link is the best quality one I have seen... but it's not good enough to do a printout... :(
:Onyx2:
jmc wrote: Nice! :D Love that poster too! Is that an actual SGI poster or did you print it yourself?

Thanks! I found it on eBay years and years ago. It was a promotional SGI poster printed on heavy foam board, perhaps from a trade show or something. Recently I spent some money to have it professionally framed, and thought it'd look nice hung up over my Indigo2.
When I think of my SkyWriter, I think "THIS is SGI, and THIS is the box I will go out in", when I have it converted into a coffin.
:Skywriter:

DECUS Member 368596
bigD... I sent you a pm! :)
skywriter wrote: When I think of my SkyWriter, I think "THIS is SGI, and THIS is the box I will go out in", when I have it converted into a coffin.

Well, you could make it your permanent residence if you're, let's say, immortal and have fangs. But then you'll be locked up by day and at night all you would see are Linux blinkenlights :)
:Crimson: :PI: :Indigo: :O2: :Indy: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :O200: :O2000: :Onyx2:
Does anyone have a higher resolution Image of this poster? I would really like to print it and hang it on my wall!! Anyone?? ;)

jmc
jmc wrote: Does anyone have a higher resolution Image of this poster? I would really like to print it and hang it on my wall!! Anyone?? ;)

jmc

I have a large-format printing biz, I'll look around to see if I can find this poster. When I do find them they're usually thin on resolution or have been jpeg'ed down to 125k and the color's a mess.
:Octane2: Octane 2, Dual 600MHz R14k's, 2GB, v12
:O2000: Origin 2200, Dual 300mhz, 2GB
:Onyx2R: Onyx2
Mac Pro dual quad Xeon 16GB 1TB
HP dual core 4GB 500GB
Dell Workstation Dual quad Xeon 8GB 500GB RAID
Imac | HP laptop | Compaq | Commodore 64 floppy | TI 99 38k Peripheral Expansion Box
I'd love to find a way to make a high quality scan of my poster. The problem is that I had it framed, and the glass it's behind creates pretty strong reflections if I attempt to take any photos of it. There's no way to remove the poster without destroying the frame, unfortunately.

Perhaps a hand scanner would work?
bigD wrote: I'd love to find a way to make a high quality scan of my poster. The problem is that I had it framed, and the glass it's behind creates pretty strong reflections if I attempt to take any photos of it. There's no way to remove the poster without destroying the frame, unfortunately.

Perhaps a hand scanner would work?

I've seen some decent results from people photographing them with a high-end camera. These people are pros and know lighting though but it's worked. If the poster's printed offset press you'll get a moire pattern in the scan.
:Octane2: Octane 2, Dual 600MHz R14k's, 2GB, v12
:O2000: Origin 2200, Dual 300mhz, 2GB
:Onyx2R: Onyx2
Mac Pro dual quad Xeon 16GB 1TB
HP dual core 4GB 500GB
Dell Workstation Dual quad Xeon 8GB 500GB RAID
Imac | HP laptop | Compaq | Commodore 64 floppy | TI 99 38k Peripheral Expansion Box