SGI: Discussion

Indy Ebay Result

I was watching this ebay auction and I am very surprised about the result:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321563668307
:Tezro: :Fuel: :Octane2: :Octane: :Onyx2: :O2+: :O2: :Indy: :Indigo: :Cube:
I'm pretty sure that a lot of that money went towards the bag.
:Crimson: :Onyx: :O2000: :O200: :O200: :PI: :PI: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Octane: :O2: :1600SW: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Cube:

Image <-------- A very happy forum member.
Description says the Hungarian nuclear reactors were designed on these and the files may or may not be on there. Even if they were deleted but not properly overwritten, they may be recoverable. I wonder if that has something to do with the price. A little scary, frankly.
--
:Octane2: :O2: :O2: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Fuel: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP:
pentium wrote: I'm pretty sure that a lot of that money went towards the bag.

absolutely, for 2 indys that's way out of line :P
r-a-c.de
That's practically what I paid for a quad 700MHz Tezro w/ multiple gigabit fiberchannels and full a DMediaPro suite last week... :shock:
Project:
Temporarily lost at sea...
Plan:
World domination! Or something...
vishnu wrote: That's practically what I paid for a quad 700MHz Tezro w/ multiple gigabit fiberchannels and full a DMediaPro suite last week... :shock:

But it didn't come with a bag! Worthless!
You eat Cadillacs; Lincolns too... Mercurys and Subarus.
guardian452 wrote: But it didn't come with a bag! Worthless!

Anyone can have a Tezro if they want. Only a few can have an Indy bag.
:O3000: :Fuel: :Tezro: :Octane2: :Octane: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indigo: :O2: :1600SW: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :Indy: <--challenge S
japes wrote:
guardian452 wrote: But it didn't come with a bag! Worthless!

Anyone can have a Tezro if they want. Only a few can have an Indy bag.

The only material that would last for a Tezro carry bag would probably be kevlar, those suckers are heavy... :shock:
Project:
Plan:
Geez, maybe I should sell my Indy bag.
Twitter: @neko_no_ko
IRIX Release 4.0.5 IP12 Version 06151813 System V
Copyright 1987-1992 Silicon Graphics, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
I will not part with my Indy tote. I love it.
smit happens.

:Fuel: bigred , 800MHz R16K, 4GB RAM, V12, 6.5.30
:Indy: indy , 150MHz R4400SC, 256MB RAM, XL24, 6.5.10
:Indigo2IMP: purplehaze , R10000, Solid IMPACT
probably posted from Image bruce , Quad 2.5GHz PowerPC 970MP, 16GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.4.11
plus IBM POWER6 p520 * Apple Network Server 500 * HP C8000 * BeBox * Solbourne S3000 * Commodore 128 * many more...
I have three mint condition IndyBags sitting behind my desk. Maybe I'll be able to retire on them some day. The Indy's inside are unusual too, a dual head, an indyvideo+cosmo compress, and an XZ running ProE, all maxed out R5k machines. I used to have a 4th Ultra64 dev system with controller board and software and IndyBags but sold it for what seemed like crazy money at the time .... Should have held on to that.
RageX wrote: I have three mint condition IndyBags sitting behind my desk. Maybe I'll be able to retire on them some day. The Indy's inside are unusual too, a dual head, an indyvideo+cosmo compress, and an XZ running ProE, all maxed out R5k machines. I used to have a 4th Ultra64 dev system with controller board and software and IndyBags but sold it for what seemed like crazy money at the time .... Should have held on to that.

Some nice Ultra64 eye candy here. The Nintendo/SGI alliance was one of the last things Jim Clark put together before he exited the business, or, more to the point, was driven out by the idiotic roadblocks thrown up by Ed McCraken and the BoD...
Project:
Plan:
gosh.. I wonder if this will drive up Indy prices..
:Onyx2R: :IRIS3130: :Onyx2: :O2000: :O200: :PI: :Fuel: :Indigo: :Octane: :O2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2: :Indy: :1600SW: :pdp8e:
:BA213: <- MicroVAX 3500 :BA213: <- DECsystem 5500 :BA215: <- MicroVAX 3300
Pictures of my collection: www.pdp8.se
Well, there's at least one more Indy now available (see other thread :P ).
smit happens.

:Fuel: bigred , 800MHz R16K, 4GB RAM, V12, 6.5.30
:Indy: indy , 150MHz R4400SC, 256MB RAM, XL24, 6.5.10
:Indigo2IMP: purplehaze , R10000, Solid IMPACT
probably posted from Image bruce , Quad 2.5GHz PowerPC 970MP, 16GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.4.11
plus IBM POWER6 p520 * Apple Network Server 500 * HP C8000 * BeBox * Solbourne S3000 * Commodore 128 * many more...
IndyBags used to be fairly common on eBay for a while. You almost never see them anymore. Gallery of some Indy related gear and bags below, don't think I've seen that many IndyBags in once place before:

http://imgur.com/a/yXbLC

For the longest time I was obsessed with finding Indigo and Indigo2 bags. Never came across one...