SGI: Discussion

InfiniteReality promo video

I had this old VHS tape lying around. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIy2cWQPc9c

the models in the beginning moving around on a dolly in a warehouse is pretty funny. not at all convincing., but typical marketing fodder.

they could have done much worse:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tW1S2tsxVHg

Octane2 2x600 V12 8GB
- Octane2 600 V12 2GB - Octane 2x400 V10 2GB
O2 350 CRM 256MB - Indigo² 195 Max Impact 386MB - Indigo² 250 Extreme 386MB

"I'm totally unappreciated in my time. You can run this whole park from this room, with minimal staff, for up to three days. You think that kind of automation is easy? Or cheap? You know anybody who can network eight Connection Machines and de-bug two million lines of code for what I bid this job? Because if you can, I'd love to see him try."
Great video, thanks for posting.
Origin2000 is pretty good looking as far as a rackmount goes, considering. I do find that the system controller in Everest boxes is much more useful than the MSC on Origin machines.

The "refrigerator" comment is understandable in context, but I can't understand the guy who noted that the new system was "portable". Easier to move, perhaps, but I don't see how anyone could consider an Onyx portable.

:Indigo: :Octane: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :PI: :O200: :ChallengeL:
SAQ wrote:
The "refrigerator" comment is understandable in context, but I can't understand the guy who noted that the new system was "portable". Easier to move, perhaps, but I don't see how anyone could consider an Onyx portable.

If it rolls, I consider that portable. ;)

Image <-------- A very happy forum member.
thanks for the upload :D

btw could you upp the original video somewhere? i think that's too precious for flv :D

If it rolls, I consider that portable. ;)

easily carried by two people and requires no special power or air conditioning... a "fixed" installation is not required. :)