Hardware Wanted

Canon EF Lenses

Anyone have any Canon EF lenses they'd like to sell (or trade)?

In particular I'm after a good macro lens, but any EF-mount lens would be of interest.

* InfiniteReality/Reality Software, IRIX 6.5 Release *
any particular preference(s) Dave?

prime, zoom (long/short)?

all-rounder macro or say one to shoot hardware for the visual aggregator?

do you like shooting as close as possible to your subjects or have some room to breath?
Up close and personal would be my macro preference, but I'd consider any EF lens. I currently have only one, a Canon EF 24-85mm USM zoom.

Bump <might also consider a complete Canon DSLR if you don't want to separate a lens>.

recondas wrote:
Bump <might also consider a complete Canon DSLR if you don't want to separate a lens>.

I don't know if you already know about this... but there is an old trick from old time photographs that works perfectly, and you can use your own actual lens.

It is originally called reverse mounting adapter... and in fact there are ready-made units for cheap. Pretty much this: 58mm Reverse Macro Adapter

I've never tried it with a zoom, but I can testify that it works like a charm with pretty much any normal prime lens... but I'm pretty sure it will work well too.

Then if you want to go for a more artisans path, you can add an auto bellows to you existing lens too... it works like a charm! I've tried it too: here is something like that , just for Nikon. They are not cheap, but they are excellent! You can do pretty much anything you want... no limits with it.

And then you can go for just another cheap route, as in the reverse mounting adapter, just adding a lens adapter at the front of your actual lens... they sell as kits of three or four front-lenses with a thread that fits your existing lens, pretty much as a filter works. They usually come in kits with +1, +2, and +4 Diopters front lenses. Just like that . From the three mentioned methods this is the lowest image quality one, but it still works fine for many things... I've tried it too!

Or... you can buy a macro lens as you intented from the start! That's another way to look at it!
And if you already knows all of the above, then perhaps someone else could find it useful... you know! :)
All the best,
Diego

The camera is new to me and came with a 24-85mm zoom. I haven't acquired a prime lens yet, but if I find one I'll keep your excellent suggestion in mind.

recondas wrote:
Thanks for the tip Diego.

The camera is new to me and came with a 24-85mm zoom. I haven't acquired a prime lens yet, but if I find one I'll keep your excellent suggestion in mind.

Good luck with the hunt! ;)