Hardware Wanted

Wanted: Unwanted O2?

Hi all,

If anybody in the UK has an O2 they don't want or thinking of dumping please let me know. Any spec will do, I'd like an small footprint IRIX system to work with. Speed is not an issue.

Would pay postage.

Cheers!

Jacques.
No SGI box currently...Snif!
Damn, mine is now going to Germany.
:Indy: R4600PC 133 MHz

Mac Mini 2.5GHz 8GB RAM
Raspberry Pi
And there's one in Denmark that I've been seriously thinking of binning...
Any idea what spec and what it would cost to chuck in the post? You could take the HD out if it helps??

-Jacques
Still looking for an unwanted O2...Anything? R5k will be nice!

Anybody having a clear out?

-Jacques
Too bad, I used to have a bunch of these I couldn't give away. Don't know what shipping to the UK would be, but O2s aren't that heavy...
dc_v01 wrote: Too bad, I used to have a bunch of these I couldn't give away. Don't know what shipping to the UK would be, but O2s aren't that heavy...

Even lighter if you take out the old SCSI HD's! ;)
JacquesT wrote:
dc_v01 wrote: Too bad, I used to have a bunch of these I couldn't give away. Don't know what shipping to the UK would be, but O2s aren't that heavy...

I have access to skids and skids of em, but I doubt ya wanna pay the shipping from here to Europe. :/
:O3000: :1600SW: :Indigo2IMP: :0300:

"Remember, if they can't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."
iKitsune wrote:
JacquesT wrote:

I have access to skids and skids of em, but I doubt ya wanna pay the shipping from here to Europe. :/

What does Boeing do down there? Up here things started drying up after the Indigo2 era (some Octanes, a few O2s, and some cube-logo O2ks and Onyx2s, but little else).

We lost the surplus store, too. I wonder where Boeing is sending their neat stuff (the surplus website seems to list the occasional generic PC type thing and a few times I've seen Blade-150 era Suns).
Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead!

Living proof that you can't keep a blithering idiot down.

:Indigo: :Octane: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :PI: :O3x0: :ChallengeL: :O2000R: (single-CM)
SAQ wrote: We lost the surplus store, too. I wonder where Boeing is sending their neat stuff
They're probably doing the same thing they're doing in Huntsville - selling directly to a recycling center.

Lack of public sales at the surplus store not withstanding, there certainly hasn't been any shortage of Origin 300s on eBay with a PNW location and the same specs at those from Huntsville. You might do some research on who in the are does technology recycling. Maybe you can find a pallet or two of O2s yourself.
Welcome to ARMLand - 0/0x0d00
running...(sherwood-root 0607201829)
* InfiniteReality/Reality Software, IRIX 6.5 Release *
I just wish there was a bunch of O2's to be collected here in the UK! :roll:

I've had some very kind offers from a few folks in the States and Europe, just weighing up shipping costs.

Thanks much for the responses!

-J
Still looking. Shipping from the States is a killer at about $125, without import taxes.

So I could throw a few pounds or euros in for an O2 (R5k, need two drive bays) as I have a bit of cash. But since i'm not after high spec CPU it probably not gonna be a lot of cash.

-Jacques