Hardware For Sale/Trade

FS: Boxed Indy R5K

Picked this up recently, but I decided I have enough SGI stuff. It's a boxed Indy 5k, with all of the fixings, cdrom drive, camera, keyboard, mousepad,..manuals, extras, etc. Even has the original receipt and the monitor that came with it (monitor isn't boxed though). The Indy itself is on the bottom..from what I understand it was owned by an SGI employee who bought it back then, used it very little, then put it back into the box. Would there be an interest for this?

Wow, that's a gem! Is there a date on the packing list?
Project:
Temporarily lost at sea...
Plan:
World domination! Or something...

:Tezro: :Octane2:
Yeah, June 30th 1997
Interesting, four years after the Indy first came out:
Project:
Plan:

coolfox wrote: Even has the original receipt and the monitor that came with it (monitor isn't boxed though).

According to the receipt, it came with the WebForce Authoring bundle. In addition to the neat little plastic badge on its case, it would've shipped with a bunch of SGI-specific web development tools that were state-of-the-art back then, as well as Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator. If the box is complete, which is pretty rare these days, it has lots of interesting things that will be fun to explore. (My first SGI was a similar WebForce Indy, with a little more RAM and a 180 MHz R5k. I wish I still had it!)

A while ago, Dodoid scanned in a WebForce review. Worth a look - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/724 ... Review.png
WOW.

I would absolutely love to do an Indy unboxing on my channel, but I suspect I would have to pay a lot for this box (no pun intended).

Also, "a descendant of the Indy will be used in Time Warner's test of interactive TV"
I think I've seen pictures of that thing while working on my SGI History series, but I have no idea where they were. I tried to find them again and all I got were pictures of a NeXTStation.
:Onyx: :O2000: :Fuel: :Octane: :Octane: :Octane: :O2: :O2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indy: :Indy:
and a small army of Image
Any location yet? Can we restrict the drooling to at least a single continent?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Ho! Pip & Dandy!
:Octane2: :O2: :Indigo: :Indy:
Oh sorry, I'm in the Bay Area, California (but will ship international) I have a bunch of software that came with it (including irix cds, photoshop, webforce, hotmix, those indy game cds), some of them not even opened.
coolfox wrote: Bay Area, California

Oh, California, oh, the Bay(watch?) Area. In my head I am already thinking at some lifeguards blonde girls. Marisha Ray has been catch there in a few pictures, performing the cosplay action figure of someone in red swimsuit, maybe a lifeguard from Baywatch 2017, the new movie. But she can't be the cosplay figure of Pamela - OverSize - Anderson, since Marisha has smaller sine :D
Head Full of Snow. Lemon Scented You
San Francisco Bay Area :P
Dodoid wrote: Also, "a descendant of the Indy will be used in Time Warner's test of interactive TV"

That was the last thing Jim Clark championed at SGI before he left to found a tiny little startup named Mosaic Communications (later renamed, following an acrimonious legal battle with the University of Illinois, Netscape).
Project:
Plan:

This really does look like a great collectors item. It's not very often I would like to live in the US (nothing against it, I just like my own country for all it's warts and pimples), but this is one of those times. I also need another Indy like I need someone smashing a hammer in my head, but I would get this.
Hey Ho! Pip & Dandy!
:Octane2: :O2: :Indigo: :Indy:
So what are you asking for it?
I think that's all of our questons.
Are you expecting $200 or $1500?

If you're willing to do like $200, I would be interested for sure, so long as shipping was sane, but I understand that the value of a boxed system may, to some, exceed that.
:Onyx: :O2000: :Fuel: :Octane: :Octane: :Octane: :O2: :O2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indy: :Indy:
and a small army of Image
Nah not expecting some outrageous amount. I was hoping around $350-$450...so far I've really only received offers that are about the same price as a Indy R5k which is kind of disappointing, but oh well.

Edit: I guess it's my fault since I asked for offers. I honestly pulled the above $ out of the air as well. Just trying to raise some $$ for the upcoming CAX arcade show. (Having a few machines there and I want them all ready :P )