Hardware For Sale/Trade

{SOLD} Octane2 Available in UK

Not mine located in Chislehurst in London.

1x9GB System Disk, 2x72GB Option Disks all with Caddy's. Skins look very good. Dual SGI Monitors, card Cage etc, does look like a nice machine and obviously works.

Think he is looking for about £400 for the lot. I was tempted, but I just don't have the room. PM me if interested.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Ho! Pip & Dandy!
MyDungeon() << :Fuel: :Octane2: :Octane2: :Octane2: :Octane: :Indy: MyLoft() << :540: :Octane: MyWork() << :Indy: :Indy: :O2: :O2: :O2: :Indigo: :Indigo:
he is using the solution that I was thinking about: two GFX-boards instead of one DCD, which costs the less by an order of magnitude in the logarithmic scale (20 euro instead of 200 euro)

oh, and I envy his two monitors :D
have fun
I can see I'm going to have to end up buying this!! :shock:
Hey Ho! Pip & Dandy!
MyDungeon() << :Fuel: :Octane2: :Octane2: :Octane2: :Octane: :Indy: MyLoft() << :540: :Octane: MyWork() << :Indy: :Indy: :O2: :O2: :O2: :Indigo: :Indigo:
are you going to build an octane2 cluster, buddy :D ?
(and can you sell me the shoebox cartridge ?)
have fun
The guy is looking at packaging abroad, but it's never simple... but in answer to your questions.. yes and no :twisted: I don't think I've sold anything I've ever bought.. which is why my house seems to shrinking!
Hey Ho! Pip & Dandy!
she say " you be-fut-stop making dus t", because I am more like juggler, things (except ex-girl-friends, don't say ex-girl friends (1)) go round in circles: machines go, machines come

(1) last time we had this conversation, one of my ex-girl-friends said we should be friend, but things never go so easy with ex-girl friends, and GaGa threatened her - " careful, slut, my spells are more harmful than ones by the most wicked witch who attempts to square the circle, mine won't go round in circles, instead it will explode into a bloody line with a fut-stop at the end " - she said that, directly, face to face, laughing louder than the Hemwick witch in the darkness, probably in her head she was making sweet dreams, like the squaring of her enemy behind the microwave door, like a surprising ending in Hänsel and Gretel … thus, still frightened to say "circle", it's a taboo word here :lol:
have fun
Please keep the conversation on-topic. For off-tangent discussions we have the "Everything Else" forum...
:Crimson: :PI: :Indigo: :O2: :Indy: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :O200: :O2000: :Onyx2:
…. and, do you really think I have to open a blood-and-guts topic ?
to comment my humor about things going round in circles :lol: ?!?

speaking about the Octane in the title, I am waiting for an answer by his friend
thus, a few humor came about his philosophy - keep everything, sell nothing - which is funny

concerning the pci-shoebox , well … owners? yes, I envy all of you :D
which also means: does anyone have one for sale ?!?!?!?
let me know here or in PM, otherwise, soon or later, I will open a specific topic in the bazaar area
have fun
what's he running on the first photo?
r-a-c.de
The software on the monitor is Cineon ( kodak sfx / restoration )
Hey Ho! Pip & Dandy!
ups, I had forgotten to ask … tips about SCSI/Scanner (A4 size) compatible with SGI ?
and in case, which Irix App do you suggest ?
have fun
I have a SCSI scanner in the loft, but have not connected it yet due to lacking the cable and no desk space.. sorry cannot help.. ask me again in a year and I might have got round to doing something with it.
Hey Ho! Pip & Dandy!
ivelegacy wrote: ups, I had forgotten to ask … tips about SCSI/Scanner (A4 size) compatible with SGI ?

The 'app' is Impressario, and it comes with IRIX. The release notes or manual will tell you which scanners it supports, but it does support certain older HP SCSI scanners: the HP ScanJet IIc/IIcx/3c/4c/4p/5p. I have one of those. It's been a while, but it did work.
To accentuate the special identity of the IRIS 4D/70, Silicon Graphics' designers selected a new color palette. The machine's coating blends dark grey, raspberry and beige colors into a pleasing harmony. ( IRIS 4D/70 Superworkstation Technical Report )
jan-jaap wrote: The 'app' is Impressario, and it comes with IRIX. The release notes or manual will tell you which scanners it supports, but it does support certain older HP SCSI scanners: the HP ScanJet IIc/IIcx/3c/4c/4p/5p. I have one of those. It's been a while, but it did work.

thank you JJ, I got a list-price for a second hand HP ScanJet 3C: 50 euro, including its SCSI-2 cable
It's located in Bologna, 250Km far from where I live, ironically I will go there for a job task, so … I am tempted to pick up

umm, I need an adapter, say SCSI25p to SCSI68p, as, on the back of my Octane, the 68p is the only SCSI port I currently have

excuse me, where " Impressario " is located? I am equipped with an original IRIX 6.5.27 cd-set

edit: as usual, google.search did its work, found an old topic , and an updated topic :D

In Irix 2.6.14, Impressario seems to be located in Overlay3, good, I have to check my 6.5.27
impr_base_6514m: Impressario 2.9.5 Base
impr_dev_6514m: Impressario 2.9.5 Developer's Kit
impr_print_6514m: Impressario 2.9.5 Print Server
impr_rip_6514m: Impressario 2.9.5 PostScript Renderer (Requires Optional Impressario License)
impr_rip_printers_6514m: Impressario 2.9.5 Host RIP Printers
impr_scan_6514m: Impressario 2.9.5 Scanner Software
have fun
ivelegacy wrote: ups, I had forgotten to ask … tips about SCSI/Scanner (A4 size) compatible with SGI ?

Epson GT7000 and xsane (from nekoware) works fine here, as does Nikon CoolScan for slides.
Fuel ; Indigo2 ; Octane ; RiscPC Kinetic/448MB/RISCOS4.39 or Debian-etch; Dell Inspiron4100/P3 1GHz/1GB/Debian-stable; EspressoPC ViaC3/900MHz/256MB/Debian-testing; RPi B RISCOS5.23; Rpi2 Raspbian-jessie; A5000/33MHz/FPA11/8MB/RISCOS3.11; A540/25MHz/FPA10/16MB/RISCOS3.11 or RISCiX1.21; R140/35MHz/4MB/RISCOS3.11 or RISCiX1.21
Is the Octane still for sale? I am interested, shipping will be a bitch, I live in New Zealand. :(
ooops :oops: Yes, he sold it.. should have put up a sign. In all fairness, he wasn't willing to ship it anywhere.
Hey Ho! Pip & Dandy!