Hardware For Sale/Trade

Sold SGI Indy maxed out

For sale is my personal SGI Indy. I've not been using it, and frankly, it deserves a better home. I refurbished every part on the system, here's the specs:

The reason its being sold is because with my Octane and other systems it barely gets touched these days. I bought it when I was considering doing N64 development and debugging, but being that I lack the kit needed, its not really something I need to keep around.

Pics:

CPU: R5000SC 180MHz
Memory: 256MB ( all matching SIMMS )
Graphics: XL/24
HDD: 2.1GB, has 6.5 on it currently, probably needs a reinstall ( I don't mind reinstalling it ) and the second drive bay.
It has the later Sony PSU which allows it to keep cool.
Condition 8/10: the plastic has some blemishes on it to be expected with a machine this age.

Make me an offer, I ship from Richmond, Virginia.
:fuel: 900MHz 4GB
what about the yellow-labelled cooler installed on the CPU ?
hey oh? Swimming pool & Racing bicycle.
Its been there since I got it... Dunno a thing about it.
it's very very pretty and well done, it looks like the PentiumPRO's heat sink but it is smaller, one of my friend has an Indy in R5K@150Mhz version, and ithe cpu-board comes without your marvelous cooler, it has just a passive heat sink, so we are all envious of your cooler :lol:
Indeed. Too bad it wouldn't survive the trip to Italia.
I think that CPU fan is standard. Mine has one too.
:Cube: :Octane: :Octane2: :O2: :O2: :O2: :1600SW: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo: :Indy: :320: :1600SW: :Fuel: :Onyx2:
is there any kit to mount such a cooler on the top of R5K @ 180Mhz ?
No, it should be on there to begin with !
Cracks me up how on nekochan of all sites you would link to a image viewer that requires js to work :lol: We have an attachment mechanism... and it is quite good, even guests can see them and AFAIK the limits are generous to the point that I have never run into them.
Google: Don't Be Evil. Apple: Don't Be Greedy. Microsoft: Don't Be Stupid.
I don't use my computer itself for image uploading, I upload direct to imgur using the imgur app since my phone lacks direct transfer capability - plus I hate going through the image resizing and other processes. So I don't bother.

Most people I know on here don't browse the site using their SGI's native web browsers, its primarily remote X if at all from the SGI.
Looks like I'm going to need to find a new flat in Richmond, so I need to move this, contact me with your best offer and I'll work with you.
Being late to the cooler party. There are several versions of the Indy R5000 180Mhz SC module. I don't know the exact serials, but you will know the difference in general by looking the edge of the aluminium cooler box. If it has a fan - or is supposed to have one - the cooler is shorter and it doesn't fit the cpu area. If you look at it from top, the cooler is inset at least few mm and the edge of the cpu is clearly visible. If you have the non-fan version (like i do) the aluminium box fits the whole cpu area - or even overlaps it, and in general the aluminium box is a bit higher than the actively cooled box. Strange enough, both versions have the 2 pin fan headers (or only vias) - so possibly even the passive version can be retrofitted to drive a small fan.....
So tempting. The one still missing in my collection. For the first time I'm on the right side of the ocean, and even in the same state, Arlington, VA. Unfortunately I'll only stay two days and I don't think it will fit in my cabin luggage ;-)
Moreover, what will the security officer say when he'll scan it at the airport ?

Another time, maybe.
:Onyx2: : oxygen (4xR12k400) / :A3504L: :A3504L: : neon (16xI2 1.6, 9MB L2) / :O200: :O200: : beryllium (4xR12k270)
:Fuel: : nitrogen (R16k800) / :Octane2: : carbon (2xR14k600) / :Octane: : lithium (R10k400) / :Octane: : fluorine (2xR12k300) / spare 2xR12k360
:O2: : hydrogen (R10k195) / :O2: : sodium (R5k180) / :O2: : R5k180->200 MB and PM only
:Indigo2IMP: : helium (R10k195, HighImpact) / :Indigo2IMP: : boron (R4k250)/ :Indigo: : magnesium (R4k100) / :Indy: : aluminium (R5k180)
:4D70GT: 4D70GT : my very first one (now property of musée bolo and the foundation mémoires informatiques )
See the hinv/gfxinfo posts here .
cybercow wrote: If you have the non-fan version (like i do)

so i am not alone with the non-fan-version, nice to know, thank you to have demystified :D
This has been sold.