Hardware For Sale/Trade

£10,000 to spare?

Hi All,

Does anyone here know of anyone who might be interested in buying there own SGI Altix ICE supercomputer to run a SUSE Linux build on? Potentially :roll: overpowered for most people, but someone who wants to play with the big boys and has a large budget to do so might have a use :D

Think 500+ cores, 1TB+ RAM, Infiniband etc.

I have a offer to buy it to break for parts and I really hate to do that but unfortunately business is business and I can't give it away or afford to store it just to look at once in a while....

Just a stab in the dark, you never know.....

Can deliver it anywhere in Europe.
In order of use at the moment..... :Fuel: :O3000:

Currently looking to buy good :Fuel: and :O2: :O2+: machine.
the main question: a super computer …. to do what :D ?
bye.
ivelegacy wrote: to do what :D ?

To play Quake3, obviously.
ahahah, that's fun :D
bye.
Is this the Altix ICE you mentioned in that other thread I started regarding SGI racks?

£10K is a tad more than I'm capable of convincing the wife of :D what kind of size are you talking about? 500+ cores of I2 isn't exactly something you can stuff in two racks, afaik.
while (!asleep()) sheep++;
There is a joke about red buses - never one when you want one, and then two come along at once.

Same with Altix ICE systems.

I had 2 more offered to me after buying one and I didn't want to let them pass.

Given a bit of effort I could reconfigure a smaller machine to give whatever cpu power you want, minimum I guess would be one IRU which holds 16 "nodes" each with 2 CPUs with quad core Xeons. So 128 cores. Infiniband interconnect.

If you have a real interest in something PM me.

Thanks!
In order of use at the moment..... :Fuel: :O3000:

Currently looking to buy good :Fuel: and :O2: :O2+: machine.
I'll let you know tomorrow after the lottery has been drawn tjsgifan.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Ho! Pip & Dandy!
MyDungeon() << :Fuel: :Octane2: :Octane2: :Octane2: :Octane: :Indy: MyLoft() << :540: :Octane: MyWork() << :Indy: :Indy: :O2: :O2: :O2: :Indigo: :Indigo:
It would be a wonderful system for the lab where I am working! We run a lot of protein folding predictions and these require tons of Monte Carlo simulations. A system like that one would cut our running time to one week per simulation (it takes months with the clusters we are using nowadays) :) . Too bad we do not have the money to buy it! :(
Image _ Betty Blue _
R12000A 400 Mhz ; 1 Gb RAM ; 72 Gb 15K HDD; IRIX 6.5.29
CrystalEyes; Dial Box; O2Cam "ZEYE"; external Toshiba SD-M1711 DVD-ROM; Octane speakers;
Lock bar; SGI microphone.
Mods: PSU Noctua fan; internal Toshiba SD-M1401 DVD-ROM; Adaptec AIC-7880P SCSI card.

_ REKIEM_I7 _
Seasonic X 1250W PSU / Intel I7 2600k 4 x 5,00 Ghz / 2 x Gainward 2Gb GTX 560Ti Phantom 2 / 32 Gb DDR3 / Intel x25-M 160 Gb SSD and 10 extra Tb
_ REKIEM_T5400 _
875W PSU / 2 x Intel Xeon Harpertown 4 x 3,33 Ghz / 1 x EVGA Geforce 4Gb GTX 980 Supercloked / 32 Gb DDR2 667 ECC / Samsung 840 Series Pro 128GB SSD and 3 extra Tb
_ Raspberry Pi _
:|
When I get a better job, I'll let you guys all have root on my 500 core athlon cluster.
:Octane2: 400Mhz V8