Hardware For Sale/Trade

eBay: Onyx2 Racks in Skokie IL

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-SGI-Silicon-Graph ... 387wt_1016

Sigh...dunno what's really in there, but for $499, who cares?
:Onyx2: :Fuel: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :O3x0:
Shiny!

I wonder how my cluster would compare.
-- I'm a PeeCee and I can kick your ass . --
Slow PeeCee - i7 940 OC 4.1GHz, 20GB DDR3 OC 1.8GHz, 2x1TB WD RAID0, ATI 5870 1GB, 3008WFP
Dev PeeCee - IBM Intellistation A Pro - Dual Opteron 290 2.8GHz, 8GB ECC DDR, 500GB SATA, 8400GS, 2x1800FP
Slow PeeCee Cluster - 30x Opteron 275, 60.5GB RAM, 2.2TB, 2x1.5TB
Octane 2xR12K-300, 1.5GB, 36GB 10K, 73GB 10K, V8
Indigo2 195MHz, 1GB, 36GB, SI

There are 10 kinds of people in the world:
Those who understand Ternary. Those who don't. Those who could give a shit less.
Oh damn...didn't realize those were so close. I don't need these, but if someone does I might be willing to help out :-)
:Octane2: :Octane: :1600SW: (less is more?)
too far from france !! :,(

Laurent
SGI or die !!!
:O2: :Octane2: :Octane: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indy: :PI: :Crimson: :PWRSeries: :Onyx: :O2000R:
HP proliant DL 585 Quad Opteron dual core 2.5Ghz 16Gb
fzalfa wrote: too far from france !! :,(

Has anyone searched for slower shipping options from USA to Europe ? Cargo boat should be cheaper than air.
Then how much taxes are there in the EU for importing scrap metal ?
:Indigo2IMP: extreme :Octane2: V8 :O200: :Onyx2: IR2e
silicium wrote:

Has anyone searched for slower shipping options from USA to Europe ? Cargo boat should be cheaper than air.

Scrap metal. That... is positively brilliant!

My grandpa's wife comes from Fiji and they often ship stuff back there for her extended family. I don't recall anything about the price other than "spectacular deal" coming to mind.
-- I'm a PeeCee and I can kick your ass . --
Slow PeeCee - i7 940 OC 4.1GHz, 20GB DDR3 OC 1.8GHz, 2x1TB WD RAID0, ATI 5870 1GB, 3008WFP
Dev PeeCee - IBM Intellistation A Pro - Dual Opteron 290 2.8GHz, 8GB ECC DDR, 500GB SATA, 8400GS, 2x1800FP
Slow PeeCee Cluster - 30x Opteron 275, 60.5GB RAM, 2.2TB, 2x1.5TB
Octane 2xR12K-300, 1.5GB, 36GB 10K, 73GB 10K, V8
Indigo2 195MHz, 1GB, 36GB, SI

There are 10 kinds of people in the world:
Those who understand Ternary. Those who don't. Those who could give a shit less.
MisterDNA wrote:
silicium wrote:

Scrap metal. That... is positively brilliant!

My grandpa's wife comes from Fiji and they often ship stuff back there for her extended family. I don't recall anything about the price other than "spectacular deal" coming to mind.

The best story about shipping that I've heard comes from my grandpa. He was stationed on Midway at the end of WWII. The government didn't want to spend the money to ship all the stuff back from Midway to the US, so they abandoned it. Servicemen were allowed to mail stuff for free. Connect the dots - the US Government wound up paying to ship a big chunk of it back to the US anyway, they just didn't get to claim it at the other end.
Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead!

Living proof that you can't keep a blithering idiot down.

:Indigo: :Octane: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :PI: :O3x0: :ChallengeL: :O2000R: (single-CM)
silicium wrote: Then how much taxes are there in the EU for importing scrap metal ?

ROHS :(
Anyone driving West soon? I'll pay you in the form of a 24 pack of Sleemans beer. ;)
:Crimson: :Onyx: :O2000: :O200: :O200: :PI: :PI: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Octane: :O2: :1600SW: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Cube:

Image <-------- A very happy forum member.