Emulation

sdlmame 0.149 sent to /incoming. Need testers/feedback. - Page 1

This is an IRIX test build of the most recent SDLMAME. More precisely, it is a build of the latest SDLMESS from these sources, compiled as "messtiny" (only a Coleco console) for testing purposes. Someone will need to move it from /incoming as I don't have anywhere to host it on my end.

I want to get some feedback to make sure I'm on the right track before I get too deep in this. The build of the the complete MAME/MESS takes a long time, so I want to make sure others can reproduce my results before bringing the rest of the systems in and tightening it up.

That said:

1. It is the _latest_ (SDL) MESS, compiled with only one system (Coleco).

2. It works for me.

3. It is absolutey unoptomized. It is built with gcc targeted for mips4.

4. You may need the latest gconf and libORBIT from the current Nekoware.

To test:

(Run ./messtiny -help to get the usual MESS options. You can generate a mess.ini if you'd like.)

1. Place a coleco (BIOS) ROM under ./roms/coleco/coleco.rom

2. Start messtiny as such: ./messtiny coleco -cart ./name_of_your_cartridge_image

If you're familiar with running MAME/MESS, all the paths assignments, etc. for the various pieces are the same. Let me know how it works.
:Octane2: Dual R14K@600MHz, 2GB RAM, V12, 1x72GB HDD
:O2: R10K@175MHz, 512MB RAM, 1x72GB HDD
:Cube: 68040@33MHz, 128MB RAM, NeXTdimension 32MB, 2x 4.3GB HDD

...And lots of other UNIX-like systems for which there is no icon.
(EDIT: Sorry, - This should have been a reply to my last MESS thread @ viewtopic.php?f=15&t=16727919 ) --

I have uploaded a full MAME build to /incoming. All systems are in place. This now has all non-SGI assembler portions ported to MIPS, and is running like a champ on my Octane with the OpenGL/SDL target. Still need some testing and feedback.

This was a heavily requested port judging by a search of the forum. Need to know if there is still interest in this to pursue packaging this for Nekoware.

I need some advanced testing due to the size of these programs and the build time required. I wouldn't mind some time on a large-ish Origin to do some builds (it takes approx ~16 hours to build the whole package [MAME/MESS] on a dual 600MHz Octane with gmake -j3).

Thanks.
:Octane2: Dual R14K@600MHz, 2GB RAM, V12, 1x72GB HDD
:O2: R10K@175MHz, 512MB RAM, 1x72GB HDD
:Cube: 68040@33MHz, 128MB RAM, NeXTdimension 32MB, 2x 4.3GB HDD

...And lots of other UNIX-like systems for which there is no icon.
Nice. I'll try to take a look at this when I have some time this weekend. Which specific version of MAME?
smit happens.

:Fuel: bigred , 900MHz R16K, 4GB RAM, V12 DCD, 6.5.30
:Indy: indy , 150MHz R4400SC, 256MB RAM, XL24, 6.5.10
:Indigo2IMP: purplehaze , 175MHz R10000, Solid IMPACT
probably posted from Image bruce , Quad 2.5GHz PowerPC 970MP, 16GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.4.11
plus IBM POWER6 p520 * Apple Network Server 500 * HP C8000 * BeBox * Solbourne S3000 * Commodore 128 * many more...
Great...!!!
Hey this is exactly what I've been looking for - can't seem to find it - can someone point me in the right direction?
Axatax wrote: (EDIT: Sorry, - This should have been a reply to my last MESS thread @ viewtopic.php?f=15&t=16727919 ) --

sorted :-)
r-a-c.de
gijoe77 wrote: Hey this is exactly what I've been looking for - can't seem to find it - can someone point me in the right direction?

I think I found the file in my archives - I moved it to ftp://ftp.nekochan.net/pub/downloads/contrib/axatax
Twitter: @neko_no_ko
IRIX Release 4.0.5 IP12 Version 06151813 System V
Copyright 1987-1992 Silicon Graphics, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
thanks Neko,

ok, well, so this wasn't a newer mame which is what I was really looking for, but I used to love my Coleco, but ran into some lib issues, not too sure how to tackle it - pointers anyone?

Code: Select all

bash-4.3# ldd  messtiny
libSDL-1.2.so.1  =>      /usr/nekoware/lib/libSDL-1.2.so.1
libpthread.so  =>        /usr/lib32/libpthread.so
libfontconfig.so.2  =>   /usr/nekoware/lib/libfontconfig.so.2
libSDL_ttf-2.0.so.1  =>  /usr/nekoware/lib/libSDL_ttf-2.0.so.1
libX11.so.1  =>  /usr/lib32/libX11.so.1
libgtk-x11-2.0.so.1  =>  /usr/nekoware/lib/libgtk-x11-2.0.so.1
libgdk-x11-2.0.so.1  =>  /usr/nekoware/lib/libgdk-x11-2.0.so.1
libatk-1.0.so.1  =>      /usr/nekoware/lib/libatk-1.0.so.1
libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.1  =>       /usr/nekoware/lib/libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.1
libm.so  =>      /usr/lib32/libm.so
libpangocairo-1.0.so.1  =>       /usr/nekoware/lib/libpangocairo-1.0.so.1
libpango-1.0.so.1  =>    /usr/nekoware/lib/libpango-1.0.so.1
libcairo.so.3  =>        /usr/nekoware/lib/libcairo.so.3
libgmodule-2.0.so.1  =>  /usr/nekoware/lib/libgmodule-2.0.so.1
libgobject-2.0.so.1  =>  /usr/nekoware/lib/libgobject-2.0.so.1
libgthread-2.0.so.1  =>  /usr/nekoware/lib/libgthread-2.0.so.1
libglib-2.0.so.1  =>     /usr/nekoware/lib/libglib-2.0.so.1
libintl.so.9  =>         /usr/nekoware/lib/libintl.so.9
libgconf-2.so.5  =>      /usr/nekoware/lib/libgconf-2.so.5
libORBit-2.so.1  =>      /usr/nekoware/lib/libORBit-2.so.1
13713: 10:23:46 messtiny: rld: Fatal Error exit/longjmp: Cannot Successfully map soname 'libstdc++.so.7' under any of the filenames /usr/nekoware/lib/libstdc++.so.7:/opt/build/pango-1.12.4/pango/.libs/libstdc++.so.7:/usr/nekoware//lib/libstdc++.so.7:/work/pango-1.28.4/pango/.libs/libstdc++.so.7:/lib32/libstdc++.so.7:/usr/lib32/libstdc++.so.7:/usr/freeware/lib/libstdc++.so.7:/usr/local/lib/libstdc++.so.7:/usr/lib32/internal/libstdc++.so.7:/opt/lib32/libstdc++.so.7:/usr/nekoware/lib/libstdc++.so.7.7:/opt/build/pango-1.12.4/pango/.libs/libstdc++.so.7.7:/usr/nekoware//lib/libstdc++.so.7.7:/work/pango-1.28.4/pango/.libs/libstdc++.so.7.7:/lib32/libstdc++.so.7.7:/usr/lib32/libstdc++.so.7.7:/usr/freeware/lib/libstdc++.so.7.7:/usr/local/lib/libstdc++.so.7.7:/usr/lib32/internal/libstdc++.so.7.7:/opt/lib32/libstdc++.so.7.7:
13713:messtiny: rld: Fatal Error: Cannot Successfully map soname 'libstdc++.so.7' under any of the filenames /usr/nekoware/lib/libstdc++.so.7:/opt/build/pango-1.12.4/pango/.libs/libstdc++.so.7:/usr/nekoware//lib/libstdc++.so.7:/work/pango-1.28.4/pango/.libs/libstdc++.so.7:/lib32/libstdc++.so.7:/usr/lib32/libstdc++.so.7:/usr/freeware/lib/libstdc++.so.7:/usr/local/lib/libstdc++.so.7:/usr/lib32/internal/libstdc++.so.7:/opt/lib32/libstdc++.so.7:/usr/nekoware/lib/libstdc++.so.7.7:/opt/build/pango-1.12.4/pango/.libs/libstdc++.so.7.7:/usr/nekoware//lib/libstdc++.so.7.7:/work/pango-1.28.4/pango/.libs/libstdc++.so.7.7:/lib32/libstdc++.so.7.7:/usr/lib32/libstdc++.so.7.7:/usr/freeware/lib/libstdc++.so.7.7:/usr/local/lib/libstdc++.so.7.7:/usr/lib32/internal/libstdc++.so.7.7:/opt/lib32/libstdc++.so.7.7:

bash-4.3#find / | grep libstdc++
/usr/nekoware/gcc-4.7/lib64/libstdc++.a
/usr/nekoware/gcc-4.7/lib64/libstdc++.a-gdb.py
/usr/nekoware/gcc-4.7/lib64/libstdc++.la
/usr/nekoware/gcc-4.7/lib32/libstdc++.a
/usr/nekoware/gcc-4.7/lib32/libstdc++.a-gdb.py
/usr/nekoware/gcc-4.7/lib32/libstdc++.la
/usr/nekoware/lib/gcc/mips-sgi-irix6.5/3.4.6/mabi=64/libstdc++.a
/usr/nekoware/lib/gcc/mips-sgi-irix6.5/3.4.6/mabi=64/libstdc++.la
/usr/nekoware/lib/gcc/mips-sgi-irix6.5/3.4.6/mabi=32/libstdc++.a
/usr/nekoware/lib/gcc/mips-sgi-irix6.5/3.4.6/mabi=32/libstdc++.la
/usr/nekoware/lib/gcc/mips-sgi-irix6.5/3.4.6/libstdc++.a
/usr/nekoware/lib/gcc/mips-sgi-irix6.5/3.4.6/libstdc++.la
bash-4.3#
you simply don't have a shared libstdc++
r-a-c.de
Hi foetz,

I'm pretty newb with the lib/gcc stuff, I've been looking through the nekoware and I'm at a loss of where I can find it (seems the gcc packages have libstdc++.a). Is this a library that comes in nekoware or is this something that one must compile themselves?
i have no idea which nekoware package has that specific file. maybe we should have an index for such cases and also we usually do add something like -gcc to the name of all contributions that are built with gcc
r-a-c.de
Yeah, I'm pretty sure neko_gcc has that library statically linked so people won't run into situations like this. I'd guess the package was compiled with a different gcc distro/self-compiled version.
Twitter: @neko_no_ko
IRIX Release 4.0.5 IP12 Version 06151813 System V
Copyright 1987-1992 Silicon Graphics, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
nekonoko wrote: Yeah, I'm pretty sure neko_gcc has that library statically linked so people won't run into situations like this.

This is correct for gcc 4.7 but not for gcc 3.4. Installing neko_gcc-3.4.6 and set a proper library path should fix the problem.
:Tezro: :Fuel: :Octane2: :Octane: :Onyx2: :O2+: :O2: :Indy: :Indigo: :Cube:
Hi diegel,

I just double checked and I have neko_gcc-3.4.6 installed (except for the java support stuff), I also did a file search on the distro in swmgr and there were 6 matches, all of which are installed (as per screenshot). I included a screenshot just incase there is something really silly im doing here
gijoe77 wrote: I just double checked and I have neko_gcc-3.4.6 installed
Sorry I was wrong. I was sure I had this problem in the past, but possibly I see the missing library problem during a build process. In this case I guess it is a tgcware gcc he was using. You can find tgcware packages at http://jupiterrise.com/tgcware/irix6.2/stable/ tgcware is build for Irix 6.2, but it should run on 6.5 also. You can find a libstdc++ library in libstdcxx_7-4.3.3-1.tgc-irix6.2-mips3-tgcware.tardist for example.
thanks diegel, that worked! seems this build also needs libgcc_s1 from tgcware aswell
add a glibc and you have a linux vm :P
r-a-c.de
Geez...

I didn't get no love for MAME here so I totally forgot about this thread...

LMK if anyone is still interested int this...
Axatax, thanks for putting the time in on this - there is much love in MAME! I've been tearing my hair out trying to get this ( recent sdlmame) working for the past few days. I really don't have the skill set to even begin to tackle it yet, so i gave up for now and i've been working on .106 lately (a few years ago I hacked up a .36 version of mame that was blazing fast, I forgot what exactly I did but even today it runs 20 fps faster then the .37 and .58)

edit: Letting you know I'm still interested!
Axatax_ wrote: I didn't get no love for MAME here so I totally forgot about this thread...
Yes this is typically for the SGI community. You find a lot of threads about beta testing a lack of response in this forum. I think we would have a lot more ported software if the participants of this forums would help or simply give any feedback.