SGI: Hardware

600Mhz O2 CPU - Page 3

I do have a vintage prom/eprom burner setup for 1980 to 1995 prom types. What kind of prom is it and I will look and see if my burner supports it.
:Onyx2: :O2: :Octane:
Hi I believe its a Xilinx PROM http://www.xilinx.com part number XC1765ELS08C
############################

Re-install with OpenBSD :)
Well I just looked it up in my manual and it says it is able to program the the Xilinx 17xx series of serial EEprom. I can only program the 8pin Dip version. I can't do any of the surface mount types - No socket... I never tried program burning a serial EEprom before so I can only assume it works OK.
Fancy burning me a load of PROMs? I've found some on Ali-Express. I'll check one of the boards tomorrow to see if they are the right kind. Where are you based?

I just purchased three xilinx 1765DPC serial eeprom chips the 8 pin dip type... My burner will program will program these chips. I will mention one catch... These chips are supposed to be NOS. This particular xlinx series of chips has one unique feature. You can after it is programmed set so it can never be programmed again! I mention this so don't buy too many chips and a burner unless you are sure the chips you are buying have never been used. I mention this because the seller on Ebay says this are NOS but doesn't know if any of them have been programmed before. Therefore I bought three hoping at least one has never been used. I should get them next week and will post the results of success or failure.
I bought all of the parts from Walther mathieu http://www.in4tec-mbh.com/O2@600/gallery.html I have all his personal kit minus some items that he couldn't sell me as they didn't belong to him on loan. I've not done the work before though and need to apply some time and effort which is difficult at the moment with work.
Good to hear you're still interested in doing this and continue your preparations.
:O2: :O2: :O2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2: | PREVIOUSLY ALSO: :O3200: :Tezro: :O2: :Indigo2: :rx2600: :rx2600: :rx2600: :zx6000: * :zx6000: *
(* HP Integrity rx2620 “Montecito”)

LOOKING FOR: SGI Indigo² Maximum IMPACT graphics board set, preferably with ≥1 × 4-Mbyte TRAM.
gocram wrote: Good to hear you're still interested in doing this and continue your preparations.

Yes, I double the sentiment. I'be been following along with much interest but I have no knowledge or skills to contribute to this effort
Hey.

How is the status for the 600 mhz modules?
I'd like to upgrade my o2.