HP/DEC/Compaq

The threat of new hardware

This will be a bit of a rant, sorry in advance.

Normally I love to get new hardware, but that love has filled up my apartment and storage :D So I've promised my fiancée not to get more stuff unless I get rid of stuff beforehand.

And today I got the offer of four (!) half height DEC racks populated with two PDP-11/44 and accompanying RK07 disks! It felt almost like a threat :) Oh well.. I think I'll give away two Macintoshes and take the two 11/44 CPU boxes and throw the rest away (which I hate).

Soo, anyone in Sweden who wants a 20 something megabytes of refrigerator sized storage?

This will be a bit of a rant, sorry in advance.

Normally I love to get new hardware, but that love has filled up my apartment and storage :D So I've promised my fiancée not to get more stuff unless I get rid of stuff beforehand.

And today I got the offer of four (!) half height DEC racks populated with two PDP-11/44 and accompanying RK07 disks! It felt almost like a threat :) Oh well.. I think I'll give away two Macintoshes and take the two 11/44 CPU boxes and throw the rest away (which I hate).

Soo, anyone in Sweden who wants a 20 something megabytes of refrigerator sized storage?

So what stuff do we need to take off your hands :D ?

I actually have a few people coming over to pick stuff up, when that is done I can make a more detailed list of what is left and that I can give away for anyone who wants to pay me a visit :)

Its been while since I had a 11/44(first I had a 11/35 very good looking), three racks with 6 rk05 and a 200MB DEC driveI forgot the name of and a tape, that was hot in a two room apartment :)

Also had some 5-6 DEC VT102 to try out multiuser on BSD 2.11 talking from room to room :)

Girls are a problem for collectors (:

BTW, what will you run on the 11/44, RT11 SJ monitor to save RAM(3kb for the whole OS)?

risk.
mila wrote:
Nice I am pretty close to you we should meet!

Absolutely, just send me PM! I'll give you a tour of the Update computer clubs collection too (so you can get a look at our 11/70 and feel nostalgic)
mila wrote:
Its been while since I had a 11/44(first I had a 11/35 very good looking), three racks with 6 rk05 and a 200MB DEC driveI forgot the name of and a tape, that was hot in a two room apartment :)

The 11/35 is indeed a looker, it's your avatar right?
mila wrote:
Girls are a problem for collectors (:

Well, for some. My fiancée has been very forthcoming, and the promise to not get more stuff was equally made to myself.
mila wrote:
BTW, what will you run on the 11/44, RT11 SJ monitor to save RAM(3kb for the whole OS)?

Not sure, they are in a quite poor shape at the moment, I think I'll go with RSX if I can.

Girls are a problem for collectors

Combine your hobbies ... collect girls :P
problem^2