Sun

SunPC card drivers and software where to get it?

So, ideally I would like to get it from the oracle site somehow I don't have a support contract so they might not let me download it even if I found it there. I was able to get alot of documentation from oracle mostly manuals and things though with the account I do have. Apparently sunsolve used to have it available but it is closed down now.

I believe I would need either SunPC 4.1 or 4.2 there the other patches to both of those are available online still at least.

Is there a ligitimate place I can still find it?
What pci card do you have, I have SUNWspci3 (I may have something later, but it would be on tape if I do).
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Ho! Pip & Dandy!
:Octane2: :Octane2: :O2: :Indy: loft => :Indigo: :540: :Octane: :Octane: :Indy:
I have SUNWspci2 also
Hey Ho! Pip & Dandy!
The one I have is the Sbus version ... it's older and has an 133Mhz AMD 5x86 chip on it iirc.
As far as I recall, there was only 1 package per version available for download, so you may be lucky with SUNspci2, but by all means, you can have both.

I'm sure also that they never worked straight out the box and you had to 'ln [somefile] [somelink]', I'd be able to tell you immediately if I could see the file layout.
Hey Ho! Pip & Dandy!
What you're looking for isn't SunPCI, but rather SunPC; likely, you're looking for version 4.2. The Sbus card was SunPC. (This is a common misconception that you mean SunPCI, as working SunPC cards are pretty hard to come by.) I do have it somewhere, but I'm not sure if it works; I never could get it to work properly with my card, but that might have been a bad disk drive as well.

For the record, SunPC software is *not* available via Oracle; the software was discontinued even before Sun went open-source (it only works in Solaris 2.6, by the way), and unlike most of their other products, Sun made absolutely no effort to make this software available after it was discontinued.
Systems: :O200: :O200: :O200: Image :Indigo: :Octane: :O2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :Indy: +
- AdamMalkovich: AMD FX8350, LinuxMint 17 Fluxbox
- Morningstar: Sun SS20, Solaris 9
- Guru: IBM RT/135, AIX 2.2.1
- Concord: Sun SPARCclassic, Solaris 2.6
- Lying Bastard: Apple iMac G3, Mac OS X 10.3.9
- Chunderspunk: NeXTstation, NeXTSTEP 3.3
..hi all
i must have somewhere both sun-sbus-pc card and driver cd
version 4.2. Sbus card was SunPC inside my ss5@170
i'll check the week end.. so i can share drivers if needed.
Coffee for the mind, pizza for the body, sushi for the soul

:O2+: r7k350 :O2: r7k600 :O2: r12k400 sw1600 :Octane2: 2x400 v10
I have the SunPC 4.2 software CDROM, I can burn a copy and snail-mail it. As others have noted, it only works on Solaris 2.5.1 and Solaris 2.6 (earlier Solaris' versions require SunPC 4.1).
"Things were certainly different before all those new-fangled changes..."

http://mbus.sunhelp.org/
http://sparc90s.wordpress.com/
shelldozer wrote: I have the SunPC 4.2

Check PMs, man.
i was offline for a bit
..cdrom found yesterday under a pile of sun abandonware
during that week i must check and share it

cheers
rob
Coffee for the mind, pizza for the body, sushi for the soul

:O2+: r7k350 :O2: r7k600 :O2: r12k400 sw1600 :Octane2: 2x400 v10
@radrob ... I think the latest version I found was 4.1 and some patches to get it to 4.2 which may or may not be complete. I haven't had a chance to fire up and test it yet...
@cb88 depends which version of Sunos/Solaris you're using.
Actually running a SunPC DX Accelerator SBus Card 501-1981 in my SS2 with "SunPC3.1" under SunOS 4.1.4
but also have the same card and software as you

SunPC 4.2 supports Solaris releases 2.4, 2.5, 2.5.1, and 2.6.
(...)
Caution – Do not install the SunPC Coprocessor card in a SPARCstation 10 Model
514MP (four-processor model). SunPC is not supported on this model.
(...)
* System RAM required
This version of SunPC requires a minimum of 32 Mbytes of physical RAM installed
in your SPARCstation in order to run Windows 95; more than 32 Mbytes is preferred.
* Free disk space required
To install the SunPC software, Windows 95, and all associated patches and drivers,
you will need a minimum of 60 Mbytes of hard drive space. Your emulated and
extended drives will require additional space; your emulated (C: and D:) drives will
need between 60 and 128 Mbytes.
Source: https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E19957-01/80 ... 933-10.pdf , p.4

@radrob what kind of sun abandonware, for example? ;)
Some (mobil) screenshots from a running SunPC 3.1 under SunOS 4.1.4 on SPARCstation-2.

SS2 with installed SunPC Accelerator board in SBus slot 1, next of SunGX board occupying SBus slots 2+3.
Then install software beneath /usr/sunpc as root and afterwards install driver & modules with sunpc_install (also as root) and reboot

Boot output says found "SunPC 3.1", allowing 4 (software) sessions, 1 (hardware) accelerator (SunPC Accelerator DX)

Starting SunPC software under personal user

Starting screen. Note the text "Accelerator" in the buttom right corner of the window, which simply means "using Accelerator board"

Prompt after boot DOS.

Soon will get some old DOS applications like Turbo C and want to try AutoCad for DOS.
Excellent that brings back memories, and good show Baphijmm for spotting my incorrect assumption it the PCi version.
Baphijmm wrote: What you're looking for isn't SunPCI, but rather SunPC;
Hey Ho! Pip & Dandy!
MyDungeon() << :Fuel: :Octane2: :Octane2: :Octane2: :Octane: :Indy: MyLoft() << :540: :Octane: MyWork() << :Indy: :Indy: :O2: :O2: :O2: :Indigo: :Indigo:
Does it only run DOS or can you run another OS like OS/2?
Not likely OS/2. But Win3.x and Win95 (Sunpc ver 4.2 required) are proven to work.
:Octane2: :320:
Hi there!

Subscribe. We have a PCI SunPCi (400MHz), interested in using it with solaris9 or newer, if it is possible, also host hardware compatibility list wanted! (e.g. sun ultra 5, ultra 450, blade 100, whatever.) Howtos, denials are welcome!
I have a SUN PCi iii card.. I assume that needs a SUN PCI 3.2.1 or newer drivers. Anyone know where to get a copy? Oracle doesnt seem to provide downloads anymore like SUN did, let alone sell/support them other than PDF documentation.
necron2600 wrote: I have a SUN PCi iii card.. I assume that needs a SUN PCI 3.2.1 or newer drivers. Anyone know where to get a copy? Oracle doesnt seem to provide downloads anymore like SUN did, let alone sell/support them other than PDF documentation.

PM sent...