SGI: Development

gcc 4.7 and gdb 6.3 problem - Page 2

I know what dbx is and I am not complaining about it per se merely the version I have

The version I have is

7.3.1 MP Oct26 2000

which is quite old and does not recognice the 600MHZ processors I have.
What's "official" about dbx? I don't even have it on my system, with what I thought was a complete install of MIPSPro 7.4.3... :cry:

World domination! Or something...
Well,

I think that the dbx as standard comes from the original unix school of thought that dbx is typically the default debugger.

That said, I have given up on the number of errors from gdb7.6, I also tried to compile this with gcc and again a number of weird errors.

So I decided to backtrack to gdb7.5. At least the gcc compile went through without errors.

I'll give a try and see how it goes .

Cheers
vishnu wrote:
What's "official" about dbx? I don't even have it on my system, with what I thought was a complete install of MIPSPro 7.4.3... :cry:

it's not part of mipspro but still the debugger from sgi hence "official".

dbx is on the ProDev WorksShop disc. The last ProDev WorksShop disc (2.9.5) has dbx 7.3.7. Patch SG0005926: DBX 7.3.7 Debugger fixes rollup #1 applies.
Code:
janjaap@speedo:~$ dbx
dbx version 7.3.7 (96413_Dec19 patchSG0005926) Dec 19 2005 14:42:01
Debugger Server version Dec 19 2005 14:44:41
(dbx) quit

It's not nodelocked. Install & enjoy :)

Currently in commercial service: Image :Onyx2: (2x) :O3x02L:
In the museum : almost every MIPS/IRIX system.
Wanted : GM1 board for Professional Series GT graphics (030-0076-003, 030-0076-004)
Well that's weird, I have the latest version of Prodev Workshop that I installed from the CD, yet `which dbx` gives nothing... :shock:

World domination! Or something...