SGI: Development

Firefox 3.0.19 in beta - Page 1

I uploaded firefox 3.0.19 and it is available in beta now:

ftp://ftp.nekoware.de/beta/neko_firefox3.0.19_beta.tardist

I named the package beta, because it has still a problem in the svg code I have to fix. But if you don't want to display svg graphics it works fine so far. The package will coexist with the current firefox2 release. You can start the new firefox with firefox3.

It is a gcc4.7 build and only a -O2 build on the current state. It based on the patch dexter1 developed three yeas ago. He was so close, but he interpreted the debug output in a wrong way and did not look at the right place. He had only to disable the complete senseless feature safe-browsing. Enjoy firefox3.

Edit: If you have firefox2 and firefox3 installed, you can't run both at the same time. Starting the other version only opens a window of the running version.

ftp://ftp.nekoware.de/beta/neko_firefox3.0.19_beta.tardist

I named the package beta, because it has still a problem in the svg code I have to fix. But if you don't want to display svg graphics it works fine so far. The package will coexist with the current firefox2 release. You can start the new firefox with firefox3.

It is a gcc4.7 build and only a -O2 build on the current state. It based on the patch dexter1 developed three yeas ago. He was so close, but he interpreted the debug output in a wrong way and did not look at the right place. He had only to disable the complete senseless feature safe-browsing. Enjoy firefox3.
Fantastic! I will try it as soon as possible. Many thanks!

Did you get trampled in the stampede ? :-)

Code:
urchin 3% firefox3

(firefox-bin:23276): GdkPixbuf-WARNING **: Cannot open pixbuf loader module file '/usr/nekoware/lib/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/loaders.cache': No such file or directory

(firefox-bin:23276): GdkPixbuf-WARNING **: Cannot open pixbuf loader module file '/usr/nekoware/lib/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/loaders.cache': No such file or directory

23276:/usr/nekoware/lib/firefox-3.0.19/firefox-bin: rld: Fatal Error: attempted access to unresolvable symbol in /usr/nekoware/lib/libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.1: _pixops_scale

Soooo .... there is a gdk-pixbuf in nekoware but I am pretty sure that crashed everything I owned a while back. That may not be the one that's there now tho ... can you confirm which gdk-pixbuf you are using ? We had a batch of bad betas a while ago :-(

Just for the fun of it then I grabbed a bunch of willow branches and whipped my ... no, wait. Different story. This time grabbed gdk-pixbuf-2.26.5 and started to compile that. It wanted glib. glib wanted libffi. Libffi compiled fine, but glib-2.34.1 crashed at this point :

Code:
cc-1029 cc: ERROR File = gvariant.c, Line = 2198
An expression is expected at this point.

GVariantSerialised empty = {  };
^

I guess question one is, which gdk-pixbuf works with thiis fox ?

Second would be any advice on the glib problem ...

Oh. Almost forgot ! Thank you thank you thank you !!
Dass ich das noch einmal erleben darf!

T H A N K Y O U !

diegel wrote:
I uploaded firefox 3.0.19 and it is available in beta now:

Did you get trampled in the stampede ? :-)
No, there are not much Irix users left these days.
hamei wrote:
I guess question one is, which gdk-pixbuf works with thiis fox ?
Should work with the nekoware current version:
Code:
versions -n | grep buf
I  neko_gdk_pixbuf               2  gdk-pixbuf 0.22.0 Image handling library
You can extract the libraries from the current distribution and move it to /usr/nekoware/lib/firefox-3.0.19. I did the same with an older version of libcairo, because this version of firefox is not compatible with the current libcairo.

Should work with the nekoware current version:

Code:
versions -n | grep buf
I  neko_gdk_pixbuf               2  gdk-pixbuf 0.22.0 Image

Okay, I am doing something wrong but

Checked with swmgr, have neko_gdk-pixbug-0.22.0 installed
Re-downloaded the one in /current and force installed it

swmgr shows the libraries in /usr/lib/gdk-pixbuf/loaders

and a couple other places but nothing resembling
Code:
(firefox-bin:23421): GdkPixbuf-WARNING **: Cannot open pixbuf loader module file '/usr/nekoware/lib/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/loaders.cache': No such file or directory

I was going to make links but ... errr ... nothing seems close enough to link to :) I have absolutely no " loaders.cache " files anywhere.

thanks for your help ...
hamei wrote:
I was going to make links but ... errr ... nothing seems close enough to link to :) I have absolutely no " loaders.cache " files anywhere.
I don't have this file on my system. Please check with ldd /usr/nekoware/lib/firefox-3.0.19/firefox-bin which libraries will be used:
Code:
libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.1  =>       /usr/nekoware/lib/libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.1
ls -l /usr/nekoware/lib/libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.1
lrwxr-xr-x    1 root     sys           25 Dec  4 12:49 /usr/nekoware/lib/libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.1 -> libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.1.14
ls -l /usr/nekoware/lib/libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.1.14
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     sys       168512 Jan 11 12:13 /usr/nekoware/lib/libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.1.14

Thanks!! This has been a very cool start of 2013!!

Mexico
Downloaded and tried to install, but lots of gtk2 deps needed (I have self compiled gtk2 stuff on my o2, FF2.0.22pre worked fine with them).
I'll have to find another drive in which to install nekoware and try out FF3.0.19.

:O2: 400MHz R12k - Apple G4 Cube dual 500MHz/GF6200 - Newton Messagepad 2100 - Apple PowerBook 2400c/G3@240 - DECstation5000/133 - Apple Workgroup Server 9150/120 - Apple Macintosh IIfx - Apple Macintosh Color Classic (Mystic upgrade) - Sun Cobalt Cube 3 - Tadpole RDI UltraBook IIi
Does anyone installed it successfully? I Build the package with my Tezro (6.5.30) and tested it with an Octane (6.5.30) and with two of my O2s (6.5.22) without any problem.

Code:
ls -l /usr/nekoware/lib/libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.1
lrwxr-xr-x    1 root     sys           25 Dec  4 12:49 /usr/nekoware/lib/libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.1 -> libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.1.14
ls -l /usr/nekoware/lib/libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.1.14
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     sys       168512 Jan 11 12:13 /usr/nekoware/lib/libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.1.14

Interesting ... I am getting similar symptoms with both canavan's mtr 0.82 and this firefox, but nothing else. I mostly don't have or use gtk2 and there *was* a bad beta of some gtk2 stuff a while back ...here's where the errors are coming from :

Code:
urchin 2# ldd /usr/nekoware/lib/firefox-3.0.19/firefox-bin
1887:/usr/nekoware/lib/firefox-3.0.19/firefox-bin: rld: Warning: elfmap: running new 32-bit executable but finding old 32-bit shared object /usr/lib/libpthread.so in the search path.  You may not have set the environment variables correctly, please set LD_LIBRARY_PATH for old 32-bit objects, LD_LIBRARYN32_PATH for new 32-bit objects and LD_LIBRARY64_PATH for 64-bit objects (e_flags 0x10000003) -- continue searching ...
libpthread.so  =>        /usr/lib32/libpthread.so
libsmime3.so  =>         /usr/nekoware/lib/firefox-3.0.19/libsmime3.so
libssl3.so  =>   /usr/nekoware/lib/firefox-3.0.19/libssl3.so
libnss3.so  =>   /usr/nekoware/lib/firefox-3.0.19/libnss3.so
libnssutil3.so  =>       /usr/nekoware/lib/firefox-3.0.19/libnssutil3.so
libsoftokn3.so  =>       /usr/nekoware/lib/firefox-3.0.19/libsoftokn3.so
libcairo.so.3  =>        /usr/nekoware/lib/firefox-3.0.19/libcairo.so.3
libfreetype.so.7  =>     /usr/nekoware/lib/libfreetype.so.7
libfontconfig.so.2  =>   /usr/nekoware/lib/libfontconfig.so.2
libXrender.so.1  =>      /usr/nekoware/lib/libXrender.so.1
1887:/usr/nekoware/lib/firefox-3.0.19/firefox-bin: rld: Warning: elfmap: running new 32-bit executable but finding old 32-bit shared object /usr/lib/libX11.so.1 in the search path.  You may not have set the environment variables correctly, please set LD_LIBRARY_PATH for old 32-bit objects, LD_LIBRARYN32_PATH for new 32-bit objects and LD_LIBRARY64_PATH for 64-bit objects (e_flags 0x10000003) -- continue searching ...
libX11.so.1  =>  /usr/lib32/libX11.so.1
1887:/usr/nekoware/lib/firefox-3.0.19/firefox-bin: rld: Warning: elfmap: running new 32-bit executable but finding old 32-bit shared object /usr/lib/libXt.so in the search path.  You may not have set the environment variables correctly, please set LD_LIBRARY_PATH for old 32-bit objects, LD_LIBRARYN32_PATH for new 32-bit objects and LD_LIBRARY64_PATH for 64-bit objects (e_flags 0x10000003) -- continue searching ...
libXt.so  =>     /usr/lib32/libXt.so
libgthread-2.0.so.1  =>  /usr/nekoware/lib/libgthread-2.0.so.1
libXft.so.2  =>  /usr/nekoware/lib/libXft.so.2
libpangocairo-1.0.so.1  =>       /usr/nekoware/lib/libpangocairo-1.0.so.1
libpangoft2-1.0.so.1  =>         /usr/nekoware/lib/libpangoft2-1.0.so.1
libpango-1.0.so.1  =>    /usr/nekoware/lib/libpango-1.0.so.1
libgobject-2.0.so.1  =>  /usr/nekoware/lib/libgobject-2.0.so.1
libgmodule-2.0.so.1  =>  /usr/nekoware/lib/libgmodule-2.0.so.1
libglib-2.0.so.1  =>     /usr/nekoware/lib/libglib-2.0.so.1
libintl.so.9  =>         /usr/nekoware/lib/libintl.so.9
libsqlite3.so.1  =>      /usr/nekoware/lib/firefox-3.0.19/libsqlite3.so.1
libfastm.so  =>  /usr/lib32/libfastm.so
libmozjs.so  =>  /usr/nekoware/lib/firefox-3.0.19/libmozjs.so
libxpcom.so  =>  /usr/nekoware/lib/firefox-3.0.19/libxpcom.so
libxpcom_core.so  =>     /usr/nekoware/lib/firefox-3.0.19/libxpcom_core.so
libplds4.so  =>  /usr/nekoware/lib/firefox-3.0.19/libplds4.so
libplc4.so  =>   /usr/nekoware/lib/firefox-3.0.19/libplc4.so
libnspr4.so  =>  /usr/nekoware/lib/firefox-3.0.19/libnspr4.so
1887:/usr/nekoware/lib/firefox-3.0.19/firefox-bin: rld: Warning: elfmap: running new 32-bit executable but finding old 32-bit shared object /usr/lib/libdl.so in the search path.  You may not have set the environment variables correctly, please set LD_LIBRARY_PATH for old 32-bit objects, LD_LIBRARYN32_PATH for new 32-bit objects and LD_LIBRARY64_PATH for 64-bit objects (e_flags 0x10000002) -- continue searching ...
libdl.so  =>     /usr/lib32/libdl.so
libgtk-x11-2.0.so.1  =>  /usr/nekoware/lib/libgtk-x11-2.0.so.1
libatk-1.0.so.1  =>      /usr/nekoware/lib/libatk-1.0.so.1
libgdk-x11-2.0.so.1  =>  /usr/nekoware/lib/libgdk-x11-2.0.so.1
1887:/usr/nekoware/lib/firefox-3.0.19/firefox-bin: rld: Warning: elfmap: running new 32-bit executable but finding old 32-bit shared object /usr/lib/libm.so in the search path.  You may not have set the environment variables correctly, please set LD_LIBRARY_PATH for old 32-bit objects, LD_LIBRARYN32_PATH for new 32-bit objects and LD_LIBRARY64_PATH for 64-bit objects (e_flags 0x10000003) -- continue searching ...
libm.so  =>      /usr/lib32/libm.so
1887:/usr/nekoware/lib/firefox-3.0.19/firefox-bin: rld: Warning: elfmap: running new 32-bit executable but finding old 32-bit shared object /usr/lib/libsocket.so in the search path.  You may not have set the environment variables correctly, please set LD_LIBRARY_PATH for old 32-bit objects, LD_LIBRARYN32_PATH for new 32-bit objects and LD_LIBRARY64_PATH for 64-bit objects (e_flags 0x10000002) -- continue searching ...
libsocket.so  =>         /usr/lib32/libsocket.so
1887:/usr/nekoware/lib/firefox-3.0.19/firefox-bin: rld: Warning: elfmap: running new 32-bit executable but finding old 32-bit shared object /usr/lib/libc.so.1 in the search path.  You may not have set the environment variables correctly, please set LD_LIBRARY_PATH for old 32-bit objects, LD_LIBRARYN32_PATH for new 32-bit objects and LD_LIBRARY64_PATH for 64-bit objects (e_flags 0x20000003) -- continue searching ...
libc.so.1  =>    /usr/lib32/libc.so.1
libpixman-1.so.1  =>     /usr/nekoware/lib/libpixman-1.so.1
libglitz.so.2  =>        /usr/nekoware/lib/libglitz.so.2
libpng12.so.0  =>        /usr/nekoware/lib/libpng12.so.0
libz.so  =>      /usr/nekoware/lib/libz.so
libbz2.so  =>    /usr/nekoware/lib/libbz2.so
libiconv.so.3  =>        /usr/nekoware/lib/libiconv.so.3
libexpat.so.2  =>        /usr/nekoware/lib/libexpat.so.2
1887:/usr/nekoware/lib/firefox-3.0.19/firefox-bin: rld: Warning: elfmap: running new 32-bit executable but finding old 32-bit shared object /usr/lib/libgen.so in the search path.  You may not have set the environment variables correctly, please set LD_LIBRARY_PATH for old 32-bit objects, LD_LIBRARYN32_PATH for new 32-bit objects and LD_LIBRARY64_PATH for 64-bit objects (e_flags 0x10000003) -- continue searching ...
libgen.so  =>    /usr/lib32/libgen.so   delay-load
libharfbuzz.so.1  =>     /usr/nekoware/lib/libharfbuzz.so.1
libmini-fribidi.so.1  =>         /usr/nekoware/lib/libmini-fribidi.so.1
libgio-2.0.so.1  =>      /usr/nekoware/lib/libgio-2.0.so.1
libintl.so.4  =>         /usr/nekoware/lib/libintl.so.4
1887:/usr/nekoware/lib/firefox-3.0.19/firefox-bin: rld: Warning: elfmap: running new 32-bit executable but finding old 32-bit shared object /usr/lib/libXext.so in the search path.  You may not have set the environment variables correctly, please set LD_LIBRARY_PATH for old 32-bit objects, LD_LIBRARYN32_PATH for new 32-bit objects and LD_LIBRARY64_PATH for 64-bit objects (e_flags 0x10000003) -- continue searching ...
libXext.so  =>   /usr/lib32/libXext.so
libpixops.so.1  =>       /usr/nekoware/lib/libpixops.so.1
libpng.so.3  =>  /usr/nekoware/lib/libpng.so.3
1887:/usr/nekoware/lib/firefox-3.0.19/firefox-bin: rld: Warning: elfmap: running new 32-bit executable but finding old 32-bit shared object /usr/lib/libCsup.so in the search path.  You may not have set the environment variables correctly, please set LD_LIBRARY_PATH for old 32-bit objects, LD_LIBRARYN32_PATH for new 32-bit objects and LD_LIBRARY64_PATH for 64-bit objects (e_flags 0x10000003) -- continue searching ...
libCsup.so  =>   /usr/lib32/libCsup.so
libC.so.2  =>    /usr/lib32/libC.so.2
libCio.so.1  =>  /usr/lib32/libCio.so.1

Code:
urchin 4# printenv
PATH=/usr/nekoware/bin:/usr/nekoware/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bsd:/sbin:/usr/bin:/etc:/usr/etc:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/java2/bin:/usr/java/bin:
XFILESEARCHPATH=/usr/lib/X11/%T/%N:/usr/nekoware/lib/X11/%T/%N
Thankyou!!!
Making progress :)

Found junk in /nekoware/libs (gdk-pixbuf-2.0.pc )

Code:
prefix=/usr/nekoware
exec_prefix=${prefix}
libdir=${exec_prefix}/lib
includedir=${prefix}/include

gdk_pixbuf_binary_version=2.10.0
gdk_pixbuf_binarydir=${exec_prefix}/lib/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0
gdk_pixbuf_moduledir=${gdk_pixbuf_binarydir}/loaders
gdk_pixbuf_cache_file=${gdk_pixbuf_binarydir}/loaders.cache

Name: GdkPixbuf
Description: Image loading and scaling
Version: 2.22.1
Requires: gobject-2.0 gmodule-no-export-2.0 libpng
Libs: -L${libdir} -lgdk_pixbuf-2.0  -lm
Cflags: -I${includedir}/gdk-pixbuf-2.0

Dumped that, tried < firefox3 > again, got many of the same messages but then it opened, yay !

Sure looks gtk2-ish tho :(

Then before all the tabs could open and fill up,

Code:
GLib-ERROR **: gmem.c:201: failed to allocate 452 bytes
aborting...
moz_run_program[36]: 58245 Abort

It was probably that stupid "Hi ! Welcome to Mozilla !" page they jam down your throat every time you 'upgrade.' That was the last thing I saw before she went upsey-daisy.

Anyway, much progress and thank you diegel. It would be nice if someone who does not have a fubar gtk2 system would give it a shot and report back so we can know if it's just me.
I will upload a r10k optimized -Ofast build tonight. The new package will also include a patch and updated release notes. Runs much faster on my Tezro currently. I didn't fix the svg bug so far...

@hamei: Sorry, but I cant help you from here. Try to reinstall the packages from the dependency list: atk,bzip2,expat,fontconfig,freetype2,gdk_pixbuf,glib,glitz,gtk,libiconv,libpixman,libxft,libxrender,pango

@hamei: Sorry, but I cant help you from here. Try to reinstall the packages from the dependency list: atk,bzip2,expat,fontconfig,freetype2,gdk_pixbuf,glib,glitz,gtk,libiconv,libpixman,libxft,libxrender,pango

Yup, doing that as we speak. Hope I can get away with just gdk-pixbuf and gtk 2.10.4 ....

it was pretty fun to see it open tho. Yay, real progress !
More progress - posting from Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; IRIX64 IP35; en-US; rv:1.9.0.19) Gecko/2013012223 Firefox/3.0.19

Where the hell did the tabs go ? Sigh. I hate the Mozilla creeps.

Anyway, it starts okay with one tab open (if I could find the tabs) but when it opens with several tabs from a previous shutdown ..

Code:
urchin 1% firefox3
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::bad_alloc'
what():  std::bad_alloc
moz_run_program[36]: 1858 Abort
urchin 2% firefox3

(firefox-bin:1885): Pango-WARNING **: shaping failure, expect ugly output. shape-engine='BasicEngineFc', font='LatinoPal Medium Italic 18.7197265625', text='Texinfo'

GLib-ERROR **: gmem.c:238: failed to allocate 2560 bytes
aborting...
moz_run_program[36]: 1885 Abort
urchin 3% firefox3
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'St9bad_alloc'
what():  std::bad_alloc
moz_run_program[36]: 1911 Abort
urchin 4% firefox3
moz_run_program[36]: 1941 Memory fault

and good-bye to all my bookmarks ... but it is Flop3 ! And it does sort of work, so ... we be cookin' with gas now, Irrixxers !

thank you diegel. And thanks to dexter1 from years ago, also. Many many thanks ! And Shade, too, for making the gcc that made it happen. Let's hope this thing (eventually) runs better than v 2 :-)

edit : okay, going to take some adjusting, that's for sure. Renders pages very differently from v2 and it's kinda Linuxxy right now. But so far, shows good potential. It seems a tad slower than v2 also, but several pages that were terrible on v2 seem better on 3. That's at a fairly high res, tho.

Pretty nice, actually. C'mon in, guys. The water's fine. (Save your old bookmarks first.)
hamei wrote:
!And Shade, too, for making the gcc that made it happen.

It is possible to build a mips pro version also. I had an unoptimized mips pro build running. But I like the new gcc more, so I focus on a gcc build.

Heresy! :shock: ;)
Thaks!! Works flawlessly in my SGI Fuel, thanks!! :)

Mexico