SGI: Development

dillo errors - Page 3

rooprob wrote:
Found this post while I was just compiling fltk 1.3 and dillo 3
Fltk compiled ok. Same issues with ellipsis and c++. Ran out time to learn why. How's the patching? Got it to compile yet?

fltk 1.3 compiles fine, just needs gmake. vish is a bit stubborn sometimes :) but we're kind of stuck with gmake, it works okay and most fossy apps depend on it. There's a recent one in nekoware.

Quote:
Did you run the fltk fluid? It works for a bit but the I managed to choose a menu item that made my O2 clear screen and play the down tune before offering me a chance to restart.

Fluid seems to work okay with fltk 1.3. The fonts on the menus are a bit weird but that may be the color combination they chose. Probably has a resource file, maybe can fix that, I haven't looked for it. On an O350 it hasn't crashed or been a problem, but I only messed with it a little to see if anything was obviously wrong.

fltk 3.0, on the other hand, doesn't even try to build. Three or four object files in, ka-poof !

Quote:
Second time I quickly made the fluid windows corrupt in redraw before I quit it.

Which Fluid was this ? The old one or 1.3 ? 1.3 seems better. Ime the O2 is also a touch shaky. Lots of things an O2 doesn't like, that don't seem to bother an O3xx series machine. Or even an Octane.

Quote:
Doesn't bode well for running fltk app like dillo.

The prior Dillo seems reliable, just limited. I think I have another couple apps that use fltk, they are not a problem. Maybe the screwup is with Fluid, more than with fltk itself. The elderly Dillo doesn't crash much ...

Quote:
O2 is stable with native apps so I don't believe it's hardware issue.

What level Irix and so on are you at ? My O2's have always been more fragile than other SGI-mobiles. Fun little boxes but still, a touch fragile.

Thanks for jumping in to this ...

edit: just built a little fltk app to test, an snmp traffic monitor, seems to be fine, if you want to try ...
I wish I'd thought of using Guh-Noo make on my IRIX box when I was struggling with this problem: http://unix.derkeiler.com/Newsgroups/comp.sys.sgi.misc/2004-10/0039.html

fltk 1.3 is in nekoware? That must be new; the most recent version I saw when I started looking at this Dillo stuff was 1.1.7, IIRC.

Anyway, yes I am ifdefing out all the variadic macros in Dillo and replacing them with overloaded functions that, at this point, do nothing. I'm just trying to get it to compile. It shouldn't be an issue because Dillo only uses variadic macros for it's internal message system, which the Dillo authors say is optional. So the current status of the effort is: All of the C files are compiled and about half of the C++ files. As I mentioned earlier in the thread there are (so far) three C++ files with code outside the variadic macros that cause MIPSPro to puke. It's on my todo list to interface with the Dillo authors about those, on their development mailing list. So anyway, I'll update more status when there's more status to update... :mrgreen:
vishnu wrote:
fltk 1.3 is in nekoware? That must be new; the most recent version I saw when I started looking at this Dillo stuff was 1.1.7, IIRC.

Sorry. I meant that there was a newish gmake, not fltk.
Oh yeah! I installed that after you convinced me to stop hacking on the Dillo makefiles trying to get them to work with IRIX make... :oops:

Once I get Dillo compiled I'll tardist it up along with fltk1-1.3 and upload them to nekoware's incoming... 8-)
Don't intend on hijacking this thread just want to see what the solution might be. I'm getting this exact same issue on a totally unrelated piece of software I'm trying to compile.

I removed the ... in foo(...) But still cc-1055.
Code:
cc-1055 CC: ERROR File = crap.cc, Line = 443
A macro invocation has too many arguments.

foo("Some crap.\n");
^

Yeah, you can't remove the variadic macro syntax (the three dots between ellipses) without replacing it with a series of overloaded C++ functions that can handle all the argument numbers and types that the source code is trying to pass in to them. Painful, I know, but that's what I'm trying to do with the Dillo code again right now. After nearly a year hiatus from when I first started working on it... :shock: