SGI: hinv

Octane2, 2x600MHz R14K, 4Gig ram, V12+DCD/V10 (updated 21/12/2015) - Page 2

ivelegacy wrote:
Jack Luminous wrote: Latest upgrade : dual VPRO carrier installed with V12+V10

why dual GFX ? specific application need ?

Yes, I wanted to drive A 1600SW and a CRT at the same time, which is not possible with a single card without switching video mode on the fly. Now the two monitors are working perfectly together at their own max res.
:Octane2: :Octane: :Octane: :O2:
eheheh understood, how hard is to find a dual carrier ? Luckily, for my application I just need two identical LCDs, so, the DCD is fine :D
I just wonder about the above posts. You guys were speaking about troubles with the setup, I still have to buy two identical LCDs, and probably they will be DVI built-in. Any suggestion ? Warning ? Advice ? :D
I wish I could enter into the vegetable garden of William Gibson , on the right of a director, to decide how a film is ultimately released for public viewing, but I am not a nor Cyberpunk writer neither a dude in Hollywood , and my * flawless English * still looks like an old rusty trailer which needs a fix-up, so my personal wonderland begins with a pill ... tumbling down the rabbit hole , where the sky above the router port is the color of television, tuned to a dead channel and some gears still need a debugger there.
My only issue was with the 1600sw and MLA in normal use (loosing settings), but in SMOKE it was pointless, it doesn't support it and just stretched the screen across both. I would say they work fine.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Ho! Pip & Dandy!
MyDungeon() << :Fuel: :Octane2: :Octane2: :Octane2: :Octane: :Indy: MyLoft() << :540: :Octane: MyWork() << :Indy: :Indy: :O2: :O2: :O2: :Indigo: :Indigo: