SGI: hinv

Indigo2, [email protected], Extreme Gfx, 320MB Ram. New Images..

Here is my Indigo2

hinv -vm

Code:
CPU: MIPS R4400 Processor Chip Revision: 6.0
FPU: MIPS R4000 Floating Point Coprocessor Revision: 0.0
1 250 MHZ IP22 Processor
Main memory size: 320 Mbytes
Secondary unified instruction/data cache size: 2 Mbytes on Processor 0
Instruction cache size: 16 Kbytes
Data cache size: 16 Kbytes
Integral SCSI controller 0: Version WD33C93B, revision D
Disk drive: unit 1 on SCSI controller 0 (unit 1)
Integral SCSI controller 1: Version WD33C93B, revision D
On-board serial ports: 2
On-board bi-directional parallel port
Graphics board: GU1-Extreme
Integral Ethernet: ec0, version 1
Iris Audio Processor: version A2 revision 1.1.0
EISA bus: adapter 0


/usr/gfx/gfxinfo -vv
Code:
Graphics board 0 is "GR2" graphics.
Managed (":0.0") 1280x1024
8 GEs, 2 REs, 24 bitplanes, 4 auxplanes, 4 cidplanes, Z-buffer
GR2 revision 6, VB2.0
HQ2.1 rev A, GE7 rev B,  RE3.1 rev A, VC1 rev B, MC rev C
unknown, assuming 19" monitor


uname -aR
Code:
IRIX sun 6.5 6.5.22m 10070055 IP22


Images:

Image Image


Isn't she lovely? :)

_________________
Image Image Image Image Image Image

-----------------
Old polygon wrangler
___________________
http://www.edgeloop.se
Very nice looking, one of my all time favourite SGI machines.

_________________
:Indy: R4600PC 133 MHz

Mac Mini 2.5GHz 4GB RAM
Raspberry Pi
Dell XPS M1530
Very nice indeed, makes me miss having one :-)

_________________
:Octane: halo , oct ane
N.B.: I tend to talk out of my ass. Do not take it too seriously.
damn, I had the same exact one, the gfx died eventually (solid impact).

_________________
:Onyx2:
an R4k Indigo² with Pre-IMPACT graphics in a purple case?
oreissig wrote:
an R4k Indigo² with Pre-IMPACT graphics in a purple case?

an early "IMPACT-ready" model? or perhaps someone has swapped skins, so there's a teal R10K MAXIMPACT somewhere :)

sgtprobe - how many GIO slots?

_________________
Fuel ; Indigo2 ; RiscPC Kinetic-StrongARM RISCOS4.39; EspressoPC ViaC3/900 Debian-testing; RPi B RISCOS5.19 or Raspbian
ajw99uk wrote:
an early "IMPACT-ready" model? or perhaps someone has swapped skins, so there's a teal R10K MAXIMPACT somewhere :)

I have an IMPACT-ready R4k in a teal case, so my guess is a skin swap.
ajw99uk wrote:
oreissig wrote:
an R4k Indigo² with Pre-IMPACT graphics in a purple case?

an early "IMPACT-ready" model? or perhaps someone has swapped skins, so there's a teal R10K MAXIMPACT somewhere :)

sgtprobe - how many GIO slots?


Hello, It's an Impact ready machine. PSU and the GIO slots are ready for Impact. Might upgrade to MaxImpact one of these days maybe, but I really like the Extreme graphics inside. Quite potent actually, especially in Softimage, besides, the Extreme boardset looking so damn sexy in there I think I might just let it be where it is.

Considering how hard the MaxImpact is to find these days plus the cost of the same, maybe it's for the best. Oh well, one of these day's I might get lucky and find a set of boards locally, but wont hold my breath for that to happen. :P

As a side note, I might add that the inside is just as clean looking as it's exterior. :)

_________________
Image Image Image Image Image Image

-----------------
Old polygon wrangler
___________________
http://www.edgeloop.se
nice just like mine only you got more ram :P
sgtprobe wrote:
ajw99uk wrote:
oreissig wrote:
an R4k Indigo² with Pre-IMPACT graphics in a purple case?

an early "IMPACT-ready" model? or perhaps someone has swapped skins, so there's a teal R10K MAXIMPACT somewhere :)

sgtprobe - how many GIO slots?


Hello, It's an Impact ready machine. PSU and the GIO slots are ready for Impact. Might upgrade to MaxImpact one of these days maybe, but I really like the Extreme graphics inside. Quite potent actually, especially in Softimage, besides, the Extreme boardset looking so damn sexy in there I think I might just let it be where it is.

Considering how hard the MaxImpact is to find these days plus the cost of the same, maybe it's for the best. Oh well, one of these day's I might get lucky and find a set of boards locally, but wont hold my breath for that to happen. :P

As a side note, I might add that the inside is just as clean looking as it's exterior. :)


Pics of the interior, PLEASE!!

And btw, did you do anything to restore the case? Looks fabulous! Any tips will be deeply appreciated!

_________________
--
:Octane2: :O2: :O2: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Fuel: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP:
This is pretty ultimate.

_________________
:Onyx2:
sgifanatic wrote:
sgtprobe wrote:
ajw99uk wrote:
oreissig wrote:
an R4k Indigo² with Pre-IMPACT graphics in a purple case?

an early "IMPACT-ready" model? or perhaps someone has swapped skins, so there's a teal R10K MAXIMPACT somewhere :)

sgtprobe - how many GIO slots?


Hello, It's an Impact ready machine. PSU and the GIO slots are ready for Impact. Might upgrade to MaxImpact one of these days maybe, but I really like the Extreme graphics inside. Quite potent actually, especially in Softimage, besides, the Extreme boardset looking so damn sexy in there I think I might just let it be where it is.

Considering how hard the MaxImpact is to find these days plus the cost of the same, maybe it's for the best. Oh well, one of these day's I might get lucky and find a set of boards locally, but wont hold my breath for that to happen. :P

As a side note, I might add that the inside is just as clean looking as it's exterior. :)


Pics of the interior, PLEASE!!

And btw, did you do anything to restore the case? Looks fabulous! Any tips will be deeply appreciated!


Okay :lol:

Will dig it out under my desk and take some photos today. Stay tuned.

_________________
Image Image Image Image Image Image

-----------------
Old polygon wrangler
___________________
http://www.edgeloop.se
Ok, so here is some photos of her in the nude.

Image
Full size: http://www.edgeloop.se/indigo2/in_001.jpg
Image
Full size: http://www.edgeloop.se/indigo2/in_002.jpg
Image
Full size: http://www.edgeloop.se/indigo2/in_003.jpg
Image
Full size: http://www.edgeloop.se/indigo2/in_004.jpg
Image
Full size: http://www.edgeloop.se/indigo2/in_005.jpg

She has some fine dust inside, but not as much as I anticipated.

Regarding getting the case in it's current state. I used some form of Black armor for cars plastic interior. But the skins was in pretty nice condition to begin with. Some scratches can be helped by using a good quality artist eraser.

Cheers!

/Jonas

_________________
Image Image Image Image Image Image

-----------------
Old polygon wrangler
___________________
http://www.edgeloop.se
Ain't nothing finer than a fine naked Indigo with a gun. And that's all kinds of fine, even without a gun.

_________________
smit happens.

:Fuel: bigred , 700MHz R16K, 4GB RAM, V12, 6.5.30
:Indy: indy , 150MHz R4400SC, 256MB RAM, XL24, 6.5.10
probably posted from Image bruce , 2x2x2.5GHz PowerPC 970MP, 8GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.4.11
plus IBM POWER6 p520 * Apple Network Server 500 * HP C8000 * BeBox * Solbourne S3000 * Commodore 128 * many more...
Awesome pics! Thank you. I am so behind on all my SGI projects that it is getting depressing!

_________________
--
:Octane2: :O2: :O2: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Fuel: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP:
looks all very clean. almost like new except you retouched the photos :P
foetz wrote:
looks all very clean. almost like new except you retouched the photos :P



Yeah, it's true, I did photoshop it, added some dust and scratches so you guys wouldn't be too jealous :P

Would be cool if I also had the original box it came in with all the wrapper and stuff. Wonder if there are some machines out there, still in it's original packaging?

_________________
Image Image Image Image Image Image

-----------------
Old polygon wrangler
___________________
http://www.edgeloop.se
sgtprobe wrote:
Wonder if there are some machines out there, still in it's original packaging?

It does happen occasionally, but not very often. Around the beginning of this year somebody found a number of Sun SPARCstation 20s that had been warehoused, unused and still in their original boxes, and offered them for sale through eBay.

SunHelp.org post: NIB Sparc 20's on the 'bay (Not responding at the moment)
eBay auction link: Sun Sparcstation 20 NEW!!! Sparc 20 50MHz, 32Gb, VSimm New!! (link probably not good for much longer)

eBay ID sun-reseller, aka Data Instruments, Inc of Marietta, Georgia, USA wrote:
Rare Find!! Sun Sparc 20 server, New in original box with original yellow sheet.

Sale is for Quantity 1, new, tested and shipped in the box that you see. Available for next day delivery.


Disk, memory, graphics upgrades available for an additional cost.

System Configuration

- Sparc 20 Aurora chassis,

- system board,

- SM51 50MHz SuperSPARC module

- 32Mb memory dimm

- 8Mb 24-Bit 60ns VSIMM

- AC power supply

- Accessories kit; includes microphone, network cable, I/O panel screws, manual

_________________
Then? :IRIS3130: ... Now? :O3x02L: :A3504L: - :A3502L: :1600SW: +MLA :Fuel: :Octane2: :Octane: :Indigo2IMP: ... Other: DEC :BA213: :BA123: Sun , DG AViiON , NeXT :Cube:
oh damn it!! Too late for the SUNs. As much as there is this fascinating thing about old UNIX Workstations... its even MORE apealing when they come in original packaging. I just saw an originally packaged Next Color Station some months ago, the shipping box itself is a beauty with the nice NeXt Logo on it :D

_________________
Image Image Image Image
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We call things we don't understand complex, but that means we haven't found a good way of thinking about them.