SGI: hinv

Iceberg: Tezro Rack 4xR16k 1Ghz 4GB, V10, USB, Audigy2 ZS - Page 2

PymbleSoftware wrote: In Australia it is illegal not to vote...

Funny. We used to sneer at the Communist Bloc countries that did that.

From what I see of Ozztralians in China, seems that Ozz has gone a little strange ? :shock:

Back (sort of) on subject, is it possible to Numalink an O300 to an O350 ? Or does the serial number thingy prevent that ?
hamei wrote: is it possible to Numalink an O300 to an O350 ? Or does the serial number thingy prevent that ?
Looks like it's been done before.....
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=12843&
Welcome to ARMLand - 0/0x0d00
running...(sherwood-root 0607201829)
* InfiniteReality/Reality Software, IRIX 6.5 Release *
recondas wrote:
hamei wrote: is it possible to Numalink an O300 to an O350 ? Or does the serial number thingy prevent that ?
Looks like it's been done before.....
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=12843&

Nifty. There ya go, wreck. Numa that new arrival on top of the previous O300's and you've got a big-ass deskside for scientific computing :)

Not to beat on the same tired old dead horse but a pervasively multi-threaded web browser would be an ideal application both for us elderly SGI fanboyz AND the new multi-core operators.

WIsh that a thousand hearts and a thousand hands had even one functioning brain cell :(
hamei wrote: There ya go, wreck. Numa that new arrival on top of the previous O300's and you've got a big-ass deskside for scientific computing :)
Thought about it - but I'm not sure if IRIX would play nice when it found systems with InfinitePerformace and InfiniteReality graphics Numalinked together.
mapesdhs wrote:
Anyway! Back to more cheery things. Any more upgrades planned for Iceberg?

Ian.

Not at the moment. Money is tight as I move on July 15, so I get to join the fantastic rent paying real world.

Upgrades I am looking in to eventually include a V12, (this is top priority as it would let me drive my displays at a decent resolution, but is also the least likely as it is the most expensive), getting a router and some O300s for fun, and getting a DM3 (mostly for completeness, although I am teaching myself Discreet software I really would have nothing to connect it to, my HD camcorder to Final Cut to Flame workflow is working well as is ).
bri3d wrote: Upgrades I am looking in to eventually include a V12, (this is top priority as it would let me drive my displays at a decent resolution, but is also the least likely as it is the most expensive) ...

There's the incentive for more eeprom investigation ! You probably have 99.5% of a V12 right now.
hamei wrote:
bri3d wrote: Upgrades I am looking in to eventually include a V12, (this is top priority as it would let me drive my displays at a decent resolution, but is also the least likely as it is the most expensive) ...

There's the incentive for more eeprom investigation ! You probably have 99.5% of a V12 right now.

Nope - my V10 has only 32MB of RAM chips, and not 128MB like some other V10s that have been spotted. So converting mine would be quite an ordeal at best, and impossible at worst.

I'm still interested in investigating, though - I just don't have any of the required hardware, I can do software only.
bri3d wrote: In addition, I discovered something new about the Origin 350: It can have one of three types: ..... Chimera Blade (Onyx350 IP?) - happens when V10 is inserted....
This status can be viewed from the brick command, for example:

Code: Select all

rack: 001, slot: 01, partition: none, type: Rackmount WS [2MB flash], serial:NGLxxx, source: EEPROM
rack: 001, slot: 02, partition: none, type: Chimera Server [2MB flash], serial:NRTxxx, source: EEPROM
The L1 controller in my 'graphics added' O350 logs this at boot:

Code: Select all

06/10/09 10:57:08 L1 booting 1.34.8
06/10/09 10:57:08 ChiServ IP53
06/10/09 10:57:08 Checking for Type
06/10/09 10:57:08  - ChiBlade Type set
I'll try manually setting the system type and check again after the next boot or L1 reset.
Bump - as is detailed in the first post in this thread, recondas helped me find out that my theories regarding make rmws 1 and serial security were incorrect. make rmws 1 (and the Rackmount WS) type *do NOT* prevent the system from taking L2 serials - they just need a new prefix, the letter P instead of M.
The systems can then be NUMALinked to each other with matching P serial numbers.

So now I have a pretty Tezro Rackmount Workstation! :)
bri3d wrote: So now I have a pretty Tezro Rackmount Workstation! :)

Does that mean that Tezro owners could choose the Onyx3 Infinite Performance supercomputer option ?
hamei wrote:
bri3d wrote: So now I have a pretty Tezro Rackmount Workstation! :)

Does that mean that Tezro owners could choose the Onyx3 Infinite Performance supercomputer option ?

Tezro Rack owners, with an L2 controller probably could - I see no reason they couldn't. Not sure what benefits you gain and it does require a serial change, but I bet it's doable. I don't think anyone here has a Tezro Rack, though, at least I've never seen one posted.
(apologies for bump...)

Question: is your system two dual-1GHz boards? Or a single quad-1GHz? I'm trying to find out what VRM normally drives a dual-1GHz board
as I have such a board but it lacks the VRM. I know a quad-1GHz is normally fitted with with a VRM of PN 060-0210-001 (and a quick swap
showed this version will drive a dual-1GHz ok) but is the version essential for a dual-1GHz or will other versions work ok? I also need the fan
link cable (015-0417-002) but I may be able to make something by hand. See:

http://www.sgidepot.co.uk/sgidepot/pics/pics.zip

Ian.
I'm searching for relevant hw/funding for a charitable PC build . Please PM/email/call if you'd like to contribute or have any suitable components! Donations of items I can sell to provide funds are also welcome.
[email protected]
+44 (0)131 476 0796
mapesdhs wrote: Question: is your system two dual-1GHz boards? Or a single quad-1GHz?
There is an hinv -vm on the first page of this thread........ :D
From which I can't really tell for certain one way or another. So is it 1x4 or 2x2? If the former then he won't be able to
answer my question.

Ian.
I'm searching for relevant hw/funding for a charitable PC build . Please PM/email/call if you'd like to contribute or have any suitable components! Donations of items I can sell to provide funds are also welcome.
[email protected]
+44 (0)131 476 0796
mapesdhs wrote: From which I can't really tell for certain one way or another. So is it 1x4 or 2x2? If the former then he won't be able to answer my question.

Ok - sorry about that. The fine print in the hinv show CPUs 0 and 1 are located in "Module 001c0 1 ", and CPUs 2 and 3 are located in "Module 001c0 2 - and the "serial all" includes the node board part number <030_2059_002 > and node board part name <"IP59_ 2 CPU">.

So two modules <or bricks, if you prefer>, with two CPUs each <2x2>.
Ah ha! In that case, bri3d, are you out there? What VRM is on your boards?? 8-)

Ian.
[email protected]
+44 (0)131 476 0796
mapesdhs wrote: I also need the fan link cable (015-0417-002) but I may be able to make something by hand.
You can probably find something similar in the UK, but if all else fails, this looks very similar to the primary connector on your fan link cable:
015-0417-002-s.jpg
Tezro fan link cable
12Pin_a.jpg
EVBC connector
http://www.black-sheep.us/product_info. ... e558c7b38f
Thanks for the ref!!

Ian.
[email protected]
+44 (0)131 476 0796