SGI: Computer Graphics

Did you guys know StudioTools 13 for IRIX is still available for download?

I almost feel out of my seat today when I can across this! I've been looking for this for years... I had the CD's but lost CD 2 or whatever that had IRIX

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/alias-products/downloads/caas/downloads/content/studiotools-1302.html
Uh, that looks like it's just the free upgrade from 13.00 to 13.02. Although if that's the case those Windows instructions don't make much sense. But the Irix dl is only 225 kilobytes...
Project:
Temporarily lost at sea...
Plan:
World domination! Or something...
ha nice find :P
sadly from v10 upwards the gui sucked

vishnu wrote: But the Irix dl is only 225 kilobytes...

MEGAbytes :P
r-a-c.de
I can 100% verify it is a complete install of 13 and fully operational :)

foetz wrote: ha nice find :P
sadly from v10 upwards the gui sucked

do you mean from Version 10? It still looks like PowerAnimator to me :)
gijoe77 wrote: It still looks like PowerAnimator to me :)

no, the gui changed. it not only lacks contrast but first and foremost is way slower than the previous one that was in place before v10. starting with v10 they shifted their main focus to windows, how it ran on the other soon to be phased out machines didn't matter. they also dumped what was left of the animator branch step by step and started integrating studiopaint which however was only available with the windows versions.
the last good alias version for irix is 9.7.
r-a-c.de
It's been a while, but how hard was it to bluff swmgr into making it think it's upgrading something that didn't exist?
:Crimson: :Onyx: :O2000: :O200: :O200: :PI: :PI: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Octane: :O2: :1600SW: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Cube:

Image <-------- A very happy forum member.
its not an upgrade, its a full install
I've often noticed that autodesk tends to leave e v e r y t h i n g on their website, they might not even know it's there, so it probably makes sense to grab it sooner rather than later, because if a crapton of people start dling it, and it's not supposed to be there, it could be gone in a flash.
Project:
Plan:
Autodesk has been really good at removing old flame and smoke stuff... If anyone here has any old tutorials or files for tutorials that would be awesome
I see the download is still available.. but would'nt you need a serial number or licensing key to enter?
:O2: :Octane: :1600SW:
bjames wrote: I see the download is still available.. but would'nt you need a serial number or licensing key to enter?

I just installed the windows version, because I have my ThinkPad on my lap, and I need a license indeed.
:Indy: :O2: :O2: :Indigo: :Indigo2IMP: :Octane: :Octane2: :Octane2:
SGI - the legend will never die!!
Yeah you need a license to run it, both irix and windows
of course, otherwise autodesk wouldn't give it away just like that
foetz wrote: of course, otherwise autodesk wouldn't give it away just like that

Yeah but if you call Autodesk to buy a license they won't sell you one. Unless they have significantly changed their ways since the last time I tried to buy an Irix license from them... :?: :?: :?:
Project:
Plan:

:Tezro: :Octane2:
it's meant to be a service for existing customers.