SGI: Computer Graphics

Lightwave3D 5.6 on Tezro not working?

Hi all,

Just got around to installing the Lightwave3D 5.6 demo on my new Tezro and I'm getting some strange error - anyone see this before?

Code: Select all

Tezro 13# uname -aR
IRIX64 Tezro 6.5 6.5.28m 07010238 IP35
Tezro 14# /usr/lightwave/Bin/LW
Error: Can't open message table.
Error: (no message table)
Tezro 15# /usr/lightwave/Bin/LWM
Startup Failure 213: Message file missing or wrong version.
Tezro 16#echo $PATH
/usr/sbin:/usr/bsd:/sbin:/usr/bin:/etc:/usr/etc:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/lightwave/Bin/
you need to set $LIGHTWAVE to your lightwave bin dir
r-a-c.de
oh duh, that did the trick! Thanks again!
gijoe77 wrote: oh duh, that did the trick! Thanks again!

my pleasure :-)
usually that should be added by the installer but if you copy the stuff over by hand or use a non standard shell it needs to be added manually of course
r-a-c.de
Speaking of Lightwave 5.6, just read where Star Drek - In the Pirkinning was mostly done with Lightwave 5.6. Pretty impressive.

The humor is a little juvenile at times but that 'film' compares well to a lot of multi-million dollar Hollywood productions.
wrestle poodles and win ! ...
I presume you meant Star Trek and you have massive fat fingers that overlaid 3 keys and all the women in your village are happy? But finding William juvenile is not right young man!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Ho! Pip & Dandy!
:Octane2: :Octane2: :O2: :Indy: loft => :Indigo: :540: :Octane: :Octane: :Indy:
uunix wrote: I presume you meant Star Trek and you have massive fat fingers that overlaid 3 keys and all the women in your village are happy? But finding William juvenile is not right young man!

Ekchully, no. Ducky could tell you more but

http://starwreck.com/

downloadable here :

http://www.starwreck.com/download.php

Worth watching, seriously. I would download it first, then read about it. More fun that way.

It's not really Star Drek ... but should have been :D
hamei wrote: Ekchully, no. Ducky could tell you more but...

I haven't seen it, have I lost all my finn-creds now?-)
:Octane: halo , oct ane Image knightrider , d i g i t a l AlphaPC164, pond , soekris net6501, misc cool stuff in a rack
N.B.: I tend to talk out of my ass. Do not take it too seriously.
duck wrote: I haven't seen it, have I lost all my finn-creds now?-)

Nah, as long as you give us some pointers on reindeer-herding, your finn-creds will stay intact :D

If you have a moment tho, I'd dload that movie ... the production values are shockingly good, especially if you read how they did it. (Read after watching, otherwise it'll spoil the fun.) And the acting isn't so bad, either. It should be an inspiration to people playing with home video.

Plus you can watch it with the new Nekoware MPlayer :D

The space battles are especially good ... Pretty impressive, especially since they were working with stuff that's not even as good as most of us have.

Duck, you won't need the subtitles for a change :P