SGI: Computer Graphics

40Hz supported on any tft monitor?

Hi All,

Does anyone out there know of a modern LCD display that will support a 40Hz input refresh rate? The 24" CRT's from SGI attached to my Onyx2 have no problem at all, but they are starting to fade after a lot of years use. I've tried just a couple of the available LCD's I have and none of them have accepted the signal, they always show out of range.

Thanks.

Currently looking to buy good :Fuel: and :O2: :O2+: machine.
If you don't find one and aren't locked into the 40Hz refresh rate for other reasons (an Onyx2 era projector?), I'd be glad to offer assistance with a custom VFO.

* InfiniteReality/Reality Software, IRIX 6.5 Release *
recondas wrote:
If you don't find one and aren't locked into the 40Hz refresh rate for other reasons (an Onyx2 era projector?), I'd be glad to offer assistance with a custom VFO.

Correct sir, projector at 40Hz and the CRT has the same image mirrored to it, CRT doesn't grumble, TFT's don't like it. Currently looking at some broadcast spec monitors as they seem to have a much wider range.

Currently looking to buy good :Fuel: and :O2: :O2+: machine.
tjsgifan wrote:
Does anyone out there know of a modern LCD display that will support a 40Hz input refresh rate?

T221 will sync at 12 hz, if you like :D

You can also run at 1920 x 1200 up to 60 hz, if necessary. Don't know if you'd call it modern though.