Getting Started, Documentation, Tips & Tricks

Tezro deal

If it was missing the hard drives then there's a CD in the drive, you can't get to the point in the boot sequence shown in the pictures without an IRIX kernel somewhere.

That vanished quickly, which isn't at all surprising: The unit obviously at least mostly works, and that was a nice price for it.
I came so close to pulling the trigger on that deal, except I was pretty sure I wouldn't survive long enough to enjoy it. It still hurt to pass it up!

Tom
:Indy: :O2: :Octane: :Octane2: :Fuel: :Tezro:
That was so cheap I was considering buying it just to install Irix on and then resell.
Isn't it possible to see the hard drive sleds through the sheet metal on the node side?
:PI: :O2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP:
How the heck did I miss that one? Right in my own back yard.
If the thing isn't on fire it's a software problem.

:Tezro: :O3x0: :A350:
mopar5150 wrote: How the heck did I miss that one? Right in my own back yard.

How did you miss it? You blinked . It was posted and sold in a couple of hours, possibly less.
fleetingthought wrote: I came so close to pulling the trigger on that deal, except I was pretty sure I wouldn't survive long enough to enjoy it.

Uh, that just does not sound good! :shock:
Project:
Temporarily lost at sea...
Plan:
World domination! Or something...

:Tezro: :Octane2:
Believe me, I attempted to work out any angle that would have allowed the Tezro in the house and they all ended with me sleeping outside, especially after bringing the new Fuel (thanks John!) in a few weeks ago.
Loving devoted wife or Tezro... Split decision! :mrgreen:
Project:
Temporarily lost at sea...
Plan:
World domination! Or something...

:Tezro: :Octane2:
Good to hear it's only a loving wife. For a moment it sounded like a terminal disease...
To accentuate the special identity of the IRIS 4D/70, Silicon Graphics' designers selected a new color palette. The machine's coating blends dark grey, raspberry and beige colors into a pleasing harmony. ( IRIS 4D/70 Superworkstation Technical Report )
jan-jaap wrote: Good to hear it's only a loving wife. For a moment it sounded like a terminal disease...

Sorry guys, didn't mean to imply some deathly illness :oops:
The wifey and I don't see eye to eye about this particular hobby of mine.

Tom
Man up and buy what you want..... unless she doesn't agree that is!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Ho! Pip & Dandy!
MyDungeon() << :Fuel: :Octane2: :Octane2: :Octane2: :Octane: :Indy: MyLoft() << :540: :Octane: MyWork() << :Indy: :Indy: :O2: :O2: :O2: :Indigo: :Indigo:
uunix wrote: Man up and buy what you want..... unless she doesn't agree that is!

emmmmmm at the beginning she claimed: submissive men, women in power
currently the politically correct situation is: equal in power(1)

(1) don't let her know that I have the full control of her attic, my IP30 is properly hidden there :lol: :lol: :lol:
Some prowling the streets, looking for sweets from their Candyman , I'm Looking for a new fun with IP30/Octane2
IP30 purposes : linux (kernel development), Irix Scientific Apps { Ansys, Catia, Pro/E, FiberSIM, AutoDYNþ, ... }
Other Projects : { Cerberus , Woody Box , 68K-board, SWI_DBG }, discontinued Console hacks { GB, GBA, PSX1 }
Wanted Equipments : { U1732C LCR meter by Keysight } ~ ~ I am still Learning English, be patient with me ~ ~
about me , there are just a few things to know: I am exuberant , and I love the urban dictionary : is it a problem ?!?