Everything Else

Picking up some PDP 11 racks tomarrow

Kinda excited about this so thought i would mention it here, although Ive been slowly accumulating a good pile of sgi machines over here I decided for a change to get something big and get a pdp11 with some related gear. Ive been looking for a pdp 11 for quite a few years, but due to their size it is not really an option for me to go get one, but i managed to luck out and find one within driving distance in my state of Florida. Its going to be a big haul, It is a couple of racks worth of stuff. I kinda jumped at the chance to get it and didn't really factor in that it is well.... going to be heavy and a big job to load up, but i think it will make for a interesting trip. Honestly, anything to get out of Vero Beach for a day. I leave Tomarrow with a group of friends to go load it up.

Anyone else here have an interest in the pdp 11? Would anyone be interested to see pictures of the machine and equipment i manage to bring back?
:Octane: :Octane: :Octane: :Octane: :Octane2: :Indy: :Indy: :Indigo: :Indigo2: Image
Ooh, please share :) Dunno if you're getting a QBus or Unibus model, but if you wind up with any interesting extra bits for QBus 11s I'd love to know... ;)
Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73
Synthesizers: Roland JX-10/MT-32/D-10, Oberheim Matrix-6, Yamaha DX7/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini, Ensoniq Mirage/SQ-80, Sequential Circuits Prophet-600, Hohner String Performer

"'Legacy code' often differs from its suggested alternative by actually working and scaling." - Bjarne Stroustrup
Multiple racks? You lucky bum, considering my best luck was an inoperative 11/23, 11/84, and a misbehaving RA82 on the dock of a recycling center.

Just for an empty DEC rack people were asking $1000 and anything better.......well it's burned into my mind what another forum said to me.

"b", in regards to asking about for a PDP-12 wrote: You're not good enough for that machine.

Best of luck with whatever you got.
:Crimson: :Onyx: :O2000: :O200: :O200: :PI: :PI: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Octane: :O2: :1600SW: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Cube:

Image <-------- A very happy forum member.
pentium wrote: it's burned into my mind what another forum said to me.
"b", in regards to asking about for a PDP-12 wrote: You're not good enough for that machine.
Best of luck with whatever you got.

Says more about the sad state of humanity than anything else. I never did anything more exciting with my SGIs than play quake but somehow the internet gods were not offended :)

People who get self-righteous like that (or are so much "better" :roll: ) don't really have anything worthwhile to do with their toys, either. They have just deemed your pursuits less worthy than theirs :mrgreen:

Yes ! Pics !
Thinkpad x220 Slack + DWM

Google: Don't Be Evil. Apple: Don't Be Greedy. Microsoft: Don't Be Stupid.
I had a PDP-11 once ... used to have to re-enter the bootloader by the toggle switches. Frequently. And then the graphics (VDT, video display terminal) would quit. Called the tech guy at Sundstrand, nice guy. He said, "Common problem. On the left side of the cabinet, about a foot back from the front and about six inches off the ground, give it a good kick."

So I did. And it worked.I really did not like that computer.
Juliet ! the dice were loaded from the start ...