Everything Else

Sharknado

Any comments?
Why are you always invited to weddings - but never to divorces? :mrgreen:
poorest movie ever? not that i know anything about it...just requoting
no plan
A reviewer at imdb says, and I quote:

"To paraphrase Elvis Costello- I just don't know where to begin.. Wooden acting, special effects from a Midwestern middle school science fair, a script that veers wildly from insipid to bizarre to total nonsense, actors that should face summary execution if they made only scale and still cashed their paychecks, a director that makes Ed Wood look like Ingmar Bergman. In other words a glorious triumph of B-grade movie making..

As you take in the visceral train wreck (that could only be better if released in grainy 8mm), you are reminded of what good/bad scifi is. Absolute suspension of disbelief, pure enjoyment of the insanity of it all, and a curious thought that you could not enjoy life more if you were shotgunned Thai sticks by Godzilla himself.."

Despite the fact that I loathe Tara Reid I think I'm gonna hafta take this one in! :mrgreen:
Project:
Temporarily lost at sea...
Plan:
World domination! Or something...

:Tezro: :Octane2:
vishnu wrote: Despite the fact that I loathe Tara Reid ...

Me, too. But Mrs Peel would be an impossible act to follow.
long live our soviet motherland, built by the people's mighty hand ....
Watched it Friday night with my wife - it was fun doing a Mystery Science Theater 3000 like commentary the entire time. The best part was the establishing and close up shots would show 4 feet of water, but most of the cutaway shots looked like a normal LA day (wasn't sure if that was an intentional Ed Wood like mistake or if they simply didn't pay close enough attention).
:Indigo: 33mhz R3k/48mb/XS24 :Indy: 150mhz R4400/256mb/XL24 :Fuel: 600mhz R14kA/2gb/V10 Image 8x1.4ghz Itanium 2/8GB :O3x08R: 32x600mhz R14kA/24GB :Tezro: 4x700mhz R16k/8GB/V12/DCD/SAS/FC/DM5 (2x) :O3x0: 4x700mhz R16k/4GB :PrismDT: 2x1.6ghz 8mb/12gb/SAS/2xFGL
And now they're making Sharknado 2! :shock:
Project:
Temporarily lost at sea...
Plan:
World domination! Or something...

:Tezro: :Octane2:
vishnu wrote: And now they're making Sharknado 2! :shock:
Although I've read somewhere that Sharknado is the worst movie ever - when it warrants a sequel, apparently it's not. Seems people like such stuff - forget blockbusters, trash is in. Oh boy...
Some movies are so very bad that they are in fact enjoyable. I mean, half of the Schwarzenegger flicks fit into this cathegory. :D
while (!asleep()) sheep++;
My grandma said she wanted to see it because it looks like a laugh.
yetanother**ixuser wrote: poorest movie ever? not that i know anything about it...just requoting

I think "Machete Kills" and "Plan 9 from outter space" are possibly worse.

What is it with Hollywood lately, that they can't put together anything that is not cringe-worthy. Is there profit to be made in audiences walking out of cinemas muttering "my six year old put something together last weekend, better than that" and feeling smug about themselves or has Hollywood gone completement jetti or quoi . Really, "Kill Bill", "Hot Shots", whatever, I feel utterly embarrassed for anyone in involved in the production of that rubbish and there seems to be a never ending spray (spew?) coming out of Hollywood lately.

Why is it that Oskar45 can not read a book or see a movie without approval? authorization? something else from the great unwashed collection of channers..?

R.
死の神はりんごだけ食べる

開いた括弧は必ず閉じる -- あるプログラマー

:Tezro: :Tezro: :Onyx2R: :Onyx2RE: :Onyx2: :O3x04R: :O3x0: :O200: :Octane: :Octane2: :O2: :O2: :Indigo2IMP: :PI: :PI: :1600SW: :1600SW: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy:
:hpserv: J5600, 2 x Mac, 3 x SUN, Alpha DS20E, Alpha 800 5/550, 3 x RS/6000, Amiga 4000 VideoToaster, Amiga4000 -030, 733MHz Sam440 AmigaOS 4.1 update 1.

Sold: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indigo: Tandem Himalaya S-Series Nonstop S72000 ServerNet.

Twitter @PymbleSoftware
Current Apps (iOS) -> https://itunes.apple.com/au/artist/pymb ... d553990081
(Android) https://play.google.com/store/apps/deve ... +Ltd&hl=en
(Onyx2) Cortex ---> http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cortex-th ... 11?sk=info
(0300s) Minnie ---> http://www.facebook.com/pages/Minnie-th ... 02?sk=info
Github ---> https://github.com/pymblesoftware
PymbleSoftware wrote:
yetanother**ixuser wrote: poorest movie ever? not that i know anything about it...just requoting

I think "Machete Kills" and "Plan 9 from outter space" are possibly worse.

I dunno. I found the first "Machete" quite enjoyable. The whole movie was over the top and tongue-in-cheek - I hate movies that take themselves too seriously. And it's hard to hate Danny Trejo :)

Really, "Kill Bill", "Hot Shots", whatever, I feel utterly embarrassed for anyone in involved in the production of that rubbish and there seems to be a never ending spray (spew?) coming out of Hollywood lately.

Kill Bill was pretty damn good. Typical Tarantino - and if you don't like that, chances are slim you're ever going to like any of the movies he's involved in. But that doesn't mean they're bad movies at all.
If you want to talk about bad movies... try watching any of the "Twilight" movies. Seriously :shock: the story is written by someone on LSD, the acting is crap, the dialogues are crap, the effects are crap. Waste of bytes.

But, on topic RE: sharknado... I'm convinced no one involved in that movie ever took it seriously. It's just too much :D and yes, the acting was also crap, the story was hilariously retarded, etc, etc, etc. But if you watch it as "a director wanted to make a hilariously bad movie for kicks", it's enjoyable enough with the right company (and booze). :D
while (!asleep()) sheep++;
PymbleSoftware wrote: Why is it that Oskar45 can not read a book or see a movie without approval? authorization? something else from the great unwashed collection of channers..?
R.
Thanks, Sir R.. But you got it wrong. I asked for comments re this movie, not for unsolicited ad hominem advice - nor for approval or authorization. And, contrary to your insinuation, I surely don't consider Nekochaners an unwashed collection of channers at all. LOL.
Oskar45 wrote: And, contrary to your insinuation, I surely don't consider Nekochaners an unwashed collection of channers at all. LOL.

Since I've officially been on the work-from-home program early this year, I think I would qualify as an "unwashed channer" from time to time. :oops:
Then? :IRIS3130: ... Now? :O3x02L: :A3504L: - :A3502L: :1600SW: +MLA :Fuel: :Octane2: :Octane: :Indigo2IMP: ... Other: DEC :BA213: :BA123: Sun , DG AViiON , NeXT :Cube: