Everything Else

Stereographic panoramas - Page 2

Weather's warming up, and I got my ass out of the comfy chair... Here's one I'm really happy with! Enjoy.
Attachment:
File comment: Ball & pole
stingpinnen-nadir-exposureadjust.jpg
stingpinnen-nadir-exposureadjust.jpg [ 248.49 KiB | Viewed 192 times ]

Have you seen this guy's work? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... hotos.html

Currently in commercial service: Image :Onyx2: (2x) :O3x02L:
In the museum : almost every MIPS/IRIX system.
Wanted : GM1 board for Professional Series GT graphics (030-0076-003, 030-0076-004)
jan-jaap wrote:
Took me a moment to figure that one out :)

Have you seen this guy's work? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... hotos.html

Ah no, haven't heard of this guy before, but this is no surprise, I'm the last one to hear about just about anything.

I'm surprised at how bad many of the shots were. There are the typical distortion artifacts that you get from twisting a regular panorama in a circle in photoshop instead of using a projection program like Hugin, PTGui or Autopano; stretched bits in the middle distance (Just look at the last one! Uergh!) and pinched centerpoint with radial lines. This guy seems to have done something clever with a nadir shot though because the latter artifact is not there.

Can you tell ducky is not a photochop affecinado? :-P

Thanks, someday I will do a self portrait with scarf, rose and geyser too ;-)

round of shots on me for the saint-exupéry appreciators :)
Cheers, fu! I just ordered a 70x70 cm print of that one... Everyone's complaining that my walls are too bare, should be nice. :-)

Edit: Added units for those non-metrically inclined.