Everything Else

When were you and your spouse last in tandem?

Check this...
About 40% of Americans deny evolution. Sad.
Last night when I entered from behind :shock:
-ks

:Onyx: :Onyx: :Crimson: :O2000: :Onyx2: :Fuel: :Octane: :Octane2: :PI: :Indigo: :Indigo: :O2: :O2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :320: :540: :O3x0: :1600SW: :1600SW: :hpserv:

See them all >here<
kshuff wrote: Last night when I entered from behind :shock:
Hope you have recovered from your shock :-) But this pair of birds - balancing delicately in the tree - is simply beautiful. When did you last shoot something like that?
Oskar45 wrote: Check this...

Are you sure they are married ? They have that "nooner quicky" look plastered all over their faces ....
hamei wrote:

Are you sure they are married ? They have that "nooner quicky" look plastered all over their faces ....
Apparently you have no idea what photographing wild-life is really all about. But, yes, they two are married for life - most humans aren't capable of that at all...Anyway, when did you last got a shot like that?
Do you have a flickr stream or something similar where we can see more of your work?
josehill wrote: Do you have a flickr stream or something similar where we can see more of your work?

Sorry, I don't have a flickr stream or anything similiar. But I certainly appreciate your acknowledgement of my two pics [you were the only one]. Just to make it clear, neither of them was post-processed with PhotoShop in any way except some cropping. I would be willing to post one or two other pics though, provided there is any interest in them at all...
Oskar45 wrote: I would be willing to post one or two other pics though, provided there is any interest in them at all...

There is... I like wildlife photography too, even if I don't have enough time to do it properly by myself. My fauna takes me too much time and is too young for the moment to come with me up the mountains before sunrise.

I look forward to seeing more of your pics.

BetXen
:Onyx2: : oxygen / :A3504L: :A3504L: : neon (16xItanium2 1.6, L2 9MB) / :O200: :O200: : beryllium
:Fuel: : nitrogen / :Octane2: : carbon / :Octane: : fluorine
:O2: : hydrogen (R10k 195, 512Mo) / :O2: : sodium (R5k 180, 512Mo) / :O2: : R5k 180->200 motherboard and PM only
:Indigo2IMP: : helium (R10k 195, HighImpact, 160Mo) / :Indigo2IMP: : boron / :Indigo: : magnesium
:4D70G: 4D70GT : hydrogen, my very first one (now property of musée bolo and the foundation mémoires informatiques )
See the hinv/gfxinfo posts here .

It's a very nice picture! Whats the name of those birds?

I sometimes do pictures of vermins, because my wife works at a
government institute for crop science:
Martin Steen wrote:

It's a very nice picture! Whats the name of those birds?

I sometimes do pictures of vermins, because my wife works at a
government institute for crop science:

Martin, thanks. These birds are "secretary birds" [in Deutsch, "Sekretär"], and they belong to the eagles [the Mara is one of the hotspots to see them]. While they roost normally on flat-topped acacias, they have a very fascinating hunting-behaviour unique to birds of prey in Africa [they stand well over 1 meter when on the ground, btw]. I love them...

Kartoffelkäfer: photographing lesser things is normally not regarded as fashionable. How many safari-fixated people are simply eager to just shoot the "Big Five" forgetting that there are also the "Small Five"? Believe me, to get these is quite a bit more complicated. Yes, I've *seen* all of them but in all my years in Africa I wasn't able to get decent photographs of all of them yet -:(
Martin Steen wrote: I sometimes do pictures of vermins,
Verminity aside (had to google Kartoffelkäfer and Colorado Beetle to find out what those were), peering into their world through the looking glass can be interesting.....
Welcome to ARMLand - 0/0x0d00
running...(sherwood-root 0607201829)
* InfiniteReality/Reality Software, IRIX 6.5 Release *
recondas wrote: [...]peering into their world through the looking glass can be interesting.....
Great shots. Yes, small can be beautiful...how about this mating pair of butterflies [in the spirit of the present thread]?

PS: As moderator, could you perhaps convince Neko to set aside some gallery for such shots? Up to now, you, Martin and myself have posted a few wild-life pics - but surely others want to do it as well...
Oskar45 wrote:
recondas wrote: PS: As moderator, could you perhaps convince Neko to set aside some gallery for such shots? Up to now, you, Martin and myself have posted a few wild-life pics - but surely others want to do it as well...
The occasional wildlife photo in the Everything Else forum is nice, but my humble opinion (humble because I don't bear the expense of the forum or the effort of the behind the scenes maintenance) would be to leave our exposure as just that - occasional.

At a resolution large enough to appreciate their beauty, I wouldn't doubt that just a small portion of the finer examples of just your work could consume gigabytes of storage space. Add in several talented photographers and it quickly becomes expensive in a number of areas, not the least of which would be hardware and administrative labor.

There are other publicly available venues that generate sufficient revenue to support photo-hosting. They probably remain the better choice.
Welcome to ARMLand - 0/0x0d00
running...(sherwood-root 0607201829)
* InfiniteReality/Reality Software, IRIX 6.5 Release *
recondas wrote:
Oskar45 wrote:
recondas wrote: PS: As moderator, could you perhaps convince Neko to set aside some gallery for such shots? Up to now, you, Martin and myself have posted a few wild-life pics - but surely others want to do it as well...
The occasional wildlife photo in the Everything Else forum is nice, but my humble opinion (humble because I don't bear the expense of the forum or the effort of the behind the scenes maintenance) would be to leave our exposure as just that - occasional.

At a resolution large enough to appreciate their beauty, I wouldn't doubt that just a small portion of the finer examples of just your work could consume gigabytes of storage space. Add in several talented photographers and it quickly becomes expensive in a number of areas, not the least of which would be hardware and administrative labor.

There are other publicly available venues that generate sufficient revenue to support photo-hosting. They probably remain the better choice.

Humbly taken. Will only post occasionally shots anymore...actually, no, never again. I took your advice quite seriously, yes I did...What a pity, some of our members love to enjoy pics of others.
Oskar45 wrote:
recondas wrote: [...]peering into their world through the looking glass can be interesting.....
Great shots. Yes, small can be beautiful...how about this mating pair of butterflies [in the spirit of the present thread]?
_PH17801_neko.jpg

Oskar I find your photos amazing. If you cannot get an account on the nekochan gallery please let me know where I can see more than thumbnails of your work. This reaction is surprising, since we have had an online gallery set up for years.

I've found the best sites for uploading and sharing photos online are facebook (simple to use and your friends can see too) and mobileme which also very easy to use, but the online gallery does not browse well with most browsers (safari included)
You eat Cadillacs; Lincolns too... Mercurys and Subarus.