Everything Else

Anyone else watching for the DM-2?

Amazing!!! ...watching it fullscreen with a real 250W+250W R.M.S. full sized sound system was a wonderful experience! ...the combustion after the siren horns was a big surprise! :)
GeneratriX wrote: Amazing!!! ...real 250W+250W R.M.S. full sized sound system was a wonderful experience! ...the combustion after the siren horns was a big surprise! :)

Translation: I need some fresh pants, please. :D
You eat Cadillacs; Lincolns too... Mercurys and Subarus.
sybrfreq wrote: Translation: I need some fresh pants, please. :D

Heheh!, yup, for me and the rest of the family... we watched it all of us, and was a BIG surprise! :)

I've refused to register myself a Twitter account up to now, but I must reckon that the fresh news from NASA, and all the science channels are enough to make it worth the pains! ...but I'll keep with Twitter and I'll not go further than that... I've found that Facebook and the rest are too much for me... well... maybe Diáspora? :)

Anyway I feel way weird by using the tweets thingy... I'm in fact way surprised of myself by doing it! But me thinks this is a nice change! :D
I loved that sound when it ignites. Bam!
Maverick 3: Athlon X2 7750, 2gb, Windows Vista
Frank Dux: SGI Octane2 R12k 400mhz 1.5gb

"Chief, look! I learned to make fire! Who knows what we could do with this... We should learn to control it!"

"Ridiculous. How can you justify wasting time and effort on this so-called 'fire' when our children are freezing to death at night?"
Frapazoid wrote: I loved that sound when it ignites. Bam!

Yup, we need a bigger one! :)
I didn't know they were hosting another test or I'd have made the drive out to watch. The spectator area is about a mile away from the UUT, but you can still feel the blast at your core. Video does not do it justice, but if you can't be on-site, it's a good substitute.
-- I'm a PeeCee and I can kick your ass . --
Slow PeeCee - i7 940 OC 4.1GHz, 20GB DDR3 OC 1.8GHz, 2x1TB WD RAID0, ATI 5870 1GB, 3008WFP
Dev PeeCee - IBM Intellistation A Pro - Dual Opteron 290 2.8GHz, 8GB ECC DDR, 500GB SATA, 8400GS, 2x1800FP
Slow PeeCee Cluster - 30x Opteron 275, 60.5GB RAM, 2.2TB, 2x1.5TB
Octane 2xR12K-300, 1.5GB, 36GB 10K, 73GB 10K, V8
Indigo2 195MHz, 1GB, 36GB, SI

There are 10 kinds of people in the world:
Those who understand Ternary. Those who don't. Those who could give a shit less.
MisterDNA wrote: I didn't know they were hosting another test or I'd have made the drive out to watch. The spectator area is about a mile away from the UUT, but you can still feel the blast at your core. Video does not do it justice, but if you can't be on-site, it's a good substitute.

I was just joking ( "we need a bigger one" ). The video, alone by itself is amazing enough if you excercise a bit your imagination... in fact, viewing it maxed out on my 22" monitor was very impressive, specially if you can add some nice audio system to it. Yeah, of course, nothing compares to a nice on-site watching, but since I'm in Argentina I feel lucky enough! :)