Everything Else

Bicentennial

It already happened... and looked nice... we had our huge parade about the Bicentennial.

Argentina's Bicentennial

Yes, our country is far from perfection... as the rest of the world... but this thing was a wonderful event, and every bit from it looked perfect. Enjoy it! ;)
Diego

I was ten years old when the USA celebrated its bicentennial, in much the same fashion as the Argentines, and I still remember seeing the ARA Libertad when it visited New York City for the celebration.

I hope that you enjoyed the festivities!
A new Argentina!
The chains of the masses untied !

Looks like great fun, General. Hope you all had a good time :D
josehill wrote:
Thanks for the link! Wonderful pictures.

Hi there, Jose!
...You're welcome! ;)

josehill wrote:
I was ten years old when the USA celebrated its bicentennial, in much the same fashion as the Argentines, and I still remember seeing the ARA Libertad when it visited New York City for the celebration.

Since I know the ship by the more common name of Fragata Libertad, I had to check with Google to see if it would be the same ARA Libertad that were at NYC when you were a kid! :) ...and yeap!, it is the same! :P

I meet the Fragata ARA Libertad at Puerto Maderos (Bs.As.) a few years ago, and I was impressed, so, I can understand that you saved the image in your brain after some years! :)

josehill wrote:
I hope that you enjoyed the festivities!

Yes, I did, and I did it in great! :) ...I'm not the kind of guy with easy tears ...but I have to reckon that these week was so much impressive that more than a couple times it surprissed me with a pair of wet cheeks! :)

A new Argentina!
The chains of the masses untied !

Looks like great fun, General. Hope you all had a good time :D

Hey there, Hamei! ;)
...yes!, looks like that! It was very impressive, great live music, many fireworks, theater, choreographies with swiss watch precission, and all the rest. And hey! ...the artist that closed the week is from my city! :) He's a bit like a train... just a tip... increase the bass-boost in your speakers a bit... and enjoy it! :P C5N BICENTENARIO: FITO PAEZ PARTE 1 ...and you can see more parts, including a couples that I like a lot more: C5N BICENTENARIO: FITO PAEZ PARTE 4 ... C5N BICENTENARIO: FITO PAEZ PARTE 5

the ARA Libertad when it visited New York City for the celebration.

In this sense, I got to share with you a few pictures that should state a bit about the reciprocal activities between our countries... you know... you had the ARA Libertad, and we had this... the following picts are from the USS 'xxxx' (yes, what a shame, I can't recall the real previous USS name of this ship)

[EDIT: Well; I've asked it to my wife, and she said that the official that I've asked about the real USS name of the ship said that he could not answer this question for us... and yes, I recall it now. She's right.]

We visited it a couple weeks ago with the family. This ship was built (of course) and owned by U.S.A., before to get here his second life as institutional ship.

[EDIT: I mean, it is used for civilian/educational purposes... as institutional events, training, and things like that.]

Attachment:
DSCF8119.JPG
DSCF8119.JPG [ 1.2 MiB | Viewed 161 times ]

Yeap! ...I was there: REALLY! It is not a trick, or PhotoShop! :P

Attachment:
DSCF8131.JPG
DSCF8131.JPG [ 1.13 MiB | Viewed 161 times ]

The kids enjoyed it a lot, and we did it too!

Attachment:
DSCF8136.JPG
DSCF8136.JPG [ 1.13 MiB | Viewed 161 times ]

We visited it a couple weeks ago with the family.

They let you near the controls? Forget hamei calling you "General" -- from now on, I shall know you as "Admiral Diego!" :D
Looking over that foredeck brings back fond memories of driving the '67 Eldorado :D
Libertango!

the tango-in-the-street shot is fantastic, boy this used to happen all the time. is that you Dieguito, dancing w/ your wife ?

good to read that Teatro Colon is ready to (re)open

saludos capitán :D
josehill wrote:
GeneratriX wrote:
We visited it a couple weeks ago with the family.

They let you near the controls? Forget hamei calling you "General" -- from now on, I shall know you as "Admiral Diego!" :D

I've just shown my Nekochan's credentials and they granted me permissions to go as far or as close as I've always wanted! :P ...what do you think? ;)

Attachment:
DSCF8132.JPG
DSCF8132.JPG [ 1.1 MiB | Viewed 123 times ]

Attachment:
DSCF8133.JPG
DSCF8133.JPG [ 1.12 MiB | Viewed 123 times ]

Attachment:
DSCF8134.JPG
DSCF8134.JPG [ 1.1 MiB | Viewed 123 times ]

Attachment:
DSCF8143.JPG
DSCF8143.JPG [ 1.15 MiB | Viewed 123 times ]

And a couple more things that were way cool but I can't post here because some of my family is there, or even me, right in the middle of the frame! :) There more pictures, yes. The ship looks incredibly well conserved, and I liked it a lot. I'd buy me one if I could! :D

Libertango!

Ahhh, Piazzolla! That's incredible!
...there are many excellent versions besides the original Piazzolla's performance, including the one from Beltango which is one of the best ones to my taste...

fu wrote:
the tango-in-the-street shot is fantastic, boy this used to happen all the time. is that you Dieguito, dancing w/ your wife ?

Yeap, the musicians were installed over the roof of taxis that were driving quietly over the avenue! ...and of course, they were couples dancing all around... but not me nor my wife my friend! :)

fu wrote:
good to read that Teatro Colon is ready to (re)open

saludos capitán :D

Yes, it is ready to work. They projected very emotive sequences of video all over the face of the Teatro by using pretty sophisticated gear and techniques, same as they do all over the face of the Cabildo, and the rocks and mountains from El Valle De La Luna. Very cool. I guess it was the first time it was done in this way for a patriot event in this country. We also had visits from representatives from many other countries, ranging all kinds of levels; figures from culture, different sciences... and of course... you can't kick them out: all kind of politicians! :)

Saludos Fu Manchu! ;)

Yeap, the musicians were installed over the roof of taxis that were driving quietly over the avenue! ...

ahh! so the're was a band in motion, slowly travelling through the city, spreading music all around...

just my kind of thing :D

i'd love to pay a visit again soon, i suck @ tango but with the right girl, "el Firulete"...
fu wrote:
ahh! so the're was a band in motion, slowly travelling through the city, spreading music all around...

just my kind of thing :D

Yup, it was very pleasant to look and hear... very specially if you like tango! ;)

fu wrote:
i'd love to pay a visit again soon, i suck @ tango but with the right girl, "el Firulete"...

Oh!, so are you some kind of "Virulazo"? :D

Oh!, so are you some kind of "Virulazo"? :D

the maestro milonguero? (Nureyev admired him to the bone)

i wish i wish

i'm just a crazy rock-n-roller :mrgreen:

(i might ask for your help later Diego, i'm checking the website of Teatro Colon and i can't find anything in english. my spanish skills are not that good)
fu wrote:
the maestro milonguero? (Nureyev admired him to the bone)

Yes, the same master! I did not know that Nureyev admired his talent... but I'm very sure that Virulazo -of course- admired Nureyev reciprocally! :)

fu wrote:
i wish i wish

Heheh!, me too... I don't know how to dance a tango or even a waltz!

fu wrote:
i'm just a crazy rock-n-roller :mrgreen:

Kewl! :)

fu wrote:
(i might ask for your help later Diego, i'm checking the website of Teatro Colon and i can't find anything in english. my spanish skills are not that good)

No problem, just let me know. I've visited a couple minutes ago both of the sites that I know for Teatro Colon, and you're right... there are no sections for english... of course you could try Google Translate too... but you know that it will not be too precise... but still:

TeatroColon.Org.Ar

Colon.Is.Com.Ar

Well, I have not a big knowledgement about the Colon, but anyway I'm sure that they'll launch some kind of international site soon... one of the above websites mentions something about that...